I was busy this week fixing issues the site has had. We narrowed down the issues and figured out why they were happening. More work needs to be done on fixing other areas that slow the site down but we'll continue to work on those.
However updates were still done to content such as going back over West Freeport NPC's and setting their titles and adding those titles to be searchable as well. New comments also have been regularly updated by us admins within the past few days, I'll let those pile up a few more days and go back in and update them.
Also today the modified rulesets for Mangler and Selo were anounced. You can get news on that here. I'll be creating the server pages for them soon in the progression wiki guide.
Spells were updated the day of the patch. And the item collector is currently being worked on so we hope that will be available for everyone soon.
Click Read More to see all the updates.
February 20, 2019
*** Highlights ***
- Dramatically increased the chance to gain skills when your current skill level is less than your class' skill cap from 5 or 10 levels less than your current level.
- Made various changes to evolving items. See the Items section for details.
- Made various improvements to the Coldain ring quests. See the Quests and Events section for details.
*** Items ***
- All equipped evolving items will gain full experience rather than splitting between them.
- Corrected an issue where classes that were not plate couldn't claim the reward for several The Burning Lands evolving items.
- The Burning Lands evolving item rewards will offer the correct items, and offer options if more than one item is available to your class.
- The current fifth tier of The Burning Lands evolving items will have reduced stats and an attached reward set. This attached reward set will offer a sixth tier of items that have the stats that the old tier five had. You must have all The Burning Lands achievements to earn this sixth tier.
- Corrected the reward set name offered by Silver Efreeti Boots.
- Swapping augments no longer requires a specific solvent and instead looks for a solvent of equal or higher level, like removing an augment.
- Items with spent charges that are sold to a vendor now display the correct amount of charges remaining in the purchase tab.
- Increased the proc rate of: Ascending Sun Arcane Staff, Ascending Sun Devotional Staff, Ascending Sun Mace, Bloodstaff, Breaker Bar, Divine Bludgeon of the Inferno, Enraptured Bludgeon, Harmonious Tightener, Heavy Onyx Heart Scepter, Mute Spiral, Premier Staff, Ralaifin's Dogma, Rustdown, Secret Dawn Arcane Staff, Secret Dawn Devotional Staff, Secret Dawn Mace, Sun's Golden Orb, and Vanda Glow.
- The Burning Lands charms that increase in power from class armor now benefit from The Burning Lands evolving boots and gloves at levels 3 and higher.
- Added disease and corruption focus to Ice Star, Hoarfrosted Bow, and Arc of the Saffron Sky.
- Added icons to Immortal Curio of Ondine Force and Elemental Curio of Ondine Force.
- Updated the descriptions of the Whispering Midnight Casting spells on the items of the same name.
- Added spaces to the name of the recourses of the Hand Of Holy Wrath spells on healer weapons.
*** Tradeskills ***
- Sagacious Great Jade no longer sells Etching Tools.
*** Quests And Events ***
- The Conflagration Generals (Raid) - Increased the size of the area that's checked when the bosses need to be positioned near the towers.
- Tyrant of Fire - The mission will no longer be in an unwinnable state if one or more of the adventurer NPCs runs away.
- Remodeling and Delivery - An update to these tasks will not happen when speaking to Unrepentant Sunrise or entering the instance. This was a bug and may have been a cause of other issues in these missions.
- Prince Ralaifin (Raid) - Volcanic Billow Shards are removed from players when the raid resets, and must finish their casting time to activate a tower.
- Prince Ralaifin (Raid) - Improved the messaging on the billow mechanic.
- Prince Ralaifin (Raid) - All of the spiderlings will despawn on reset.
- Prince Ralaifin (Mission) - Added a message when a player is struck by the billow, thus failing the All Safe achievement. Only one player is mentioned, even if more than one player is struck.
- End of Empire (Raid) - Fixed a bug that could cause the Unhammered and No Outbreaks achievements to fail when they should not.
- Brass Palace - Discipline of Flame will now shout a warning when casting Spreading Heat. This spell no longer targets pets.
- Trials of Smoke - Trial of the Wending Ways: Added a message when failing the Don't Trip achievement.
- Trials of Smoke - The reward chest in the Trial of Three will no longer try to appear over and over again (though it was failing to actually do so).
- Trials of Smoke - The Trial of Three will no longer reset after success.
- Trials of Smoke - Trial of the Ashes of Rusted Cliff's Glory: Fixed an error that would allow completion of the All Alone achievement when there were ashen elementals alive when Indomitable Onyx was defeated.
- Trials of Smoke - If you have a lockout for any trial, you will no longer be able to loot items from the chest for that trial.
- Contract of War (Raid) - The binding breeze NPCs will now spawn at the location of an adventurer near Radiant Fog Evening instead of a random person in the zone. In addition, the binding breezes will not choose to spawn at the location of the person tanking Radiant Fog Evening, unless there is no one else nearby.
- The Rise of Smoke (Raid) - Leashing the mephits in the Trial of Three will now cause them to cast their spells faster.
- Royal Visits - Fixed an error where Heart of Flawless Brass refers to Aalishai as the home of the djinn.
- Relic Raider - Moving to the top of the steps will now be safe for everyone.
- Sky Orchid Understanding in Esianti will now respond to [continue] properly.
- All raid events in Underfoot will now drop more items, keys, and backflag items.
- Spear of Fate - It is no longer possible to bypass steps in this epic quest by completing early steps multiple times.
- - Hand-ins for this quest can no longer be multiquested.
- 10th Ring Questline - Made the following changes:
- - Hand-ins for the Coldain ring quests can no longer be multiquested.
- - Key NPCs that are being protected or escorted are now flagged as PC Friendly. This applies to Boridain Glacierbane (2nd ring quest), Tain Hammerfrost (4th ring quest), Corbin Blackwell (7th ring quest), Gloradin Coldheart (8th ring quest), and Garadain Glacierbane (8th ring quest). Icefang (6th ring quest) was already set to friendly during its escort.
- - Several dialogue triggers are bracketed that weren't previously.
- - Fixed many minor bugs and typos.
- - 2nd ring quest - It's now necessary to have the Copper Coldain Insignia Ring to receive the Dull Bladed Axe from Garadain Glacierbane.
- - 4th ring quest - It's now necessary to have the Gold Coldain Insignia Ring to receive the Note to Tain from Garadain Glacierbane or to loot the Frozen Elixir. Tain Hammerfrost no longer drops the Note to Tain when killed. Handing the Note to Tain to Tain Hammerfrost now triggers the attack wave instead of one of his dialogues. The Note to Tain is now lore and no trade.
- - 5th ring quest - It's now necessary to have the Platinum Coldain Insignia Ring to hand in the Ry`Gorr Invasion Plans to a coldain lookout. Only someone who has handed in the Invasion Plans can loot the Head of Scarbrow.
- - 6th ring quest - It's now necessary to have the Obsidian Coldain Insignia Ring to loot the Note from Kromrif.
- - 7th ring quest - Only someone who has handed in the Shackle Key and Mithril Coldain Insignia Ring to Corbin Blackwell can hand in the Mithril Coldain Insignia Ring to Dobbin Crossaxe.
- - 8th ring quest - Only someone who has handed in the Adamantium Coldain Insignia Ring to Garadain Glacierbane can loot Chief Ry`Gorr's Head. Garadain Glacierbane now stays up after the attack on the Ry`Gorr fort much longer. Handing in Chief Ry`Gorr's Head to Garadain Glacierbane no longer despawns Garadain Glacierbane.
- - 10th ring quest - Only someone who has handed in the Coldain Hero's Insignia Ring and the Declaration of War to Sentry Badain can loot Narandi's Head.
*** Spells ***
- Paladin - Corrected bad descriptions for several spells in the Ward of Tunare line.
- Druid - Fixed a problem that prevented the enervation heals from the Remote Manaflux and Remote Moonfire lines of spells from landing on pets and mercenaries.
- Enchanters - Corrected a problem that prevented the Arcane Disjunction Aura debuff from landing on most NPCs.
- Fixed several spell scrolls from The Buried Sea that were not able to be scribed correctly.
*** Mercenaries ***
- Made a first pass at improving level 106 to 110 Mercenaries. There will be further tuning in future updates.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Drowned Katta Castrum Powerstone is now available when The Darkened Sea unlocks.
- Erollisi Day - Fixed an issue that was preventing Gilbina from spawning while the event is running on servers that had not yet unlocked The Darkened Sea.
- Released revamped poison making components and recipes when Seeds of Destruction opens.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Dramatically increased the chance to gain skills when your current skill level is less than your class' skill cap from 5 or 10 levels less than your current level.
- - Ex: A level 50 ranger with a 1-Hand Blunt skill less than 210 will gain skill at 16 times the normal rate.
- - These bonuses do not apply to tradeskills.
- The Broken Mirror and Empires of Kunark are now free to play on all servers.
- Fixed an issue that could cause taunt to report that your target is too far away, despite being in melee range.
- Names that were rejected when creating a new character will now display more information about why.
- Removed some legacy experience code so that experience-per-level is now uniform for all races/classes. Warriors, Rogues, and Halflings will no longer gain experience faster than other classes/races.
*** UI ***
- Removed the evolving items tab in the inventory window now that the concept of 'active' vs 'inactive' evolving items has been deprecated.
- Evolving items will now display their evolution progress percentage in the lower left corner of the item's icon, similar to activated items with charges.
- Fixed a UI error regarding the shared bank window on progression servers.
- Added a (Riposte) tag to hits and misses that occurred due to a riposte.
- Throwing damage is now reported as a hit instead of a shot.
- Updated the Alternate Currency page of the inventory window to include an expansion name and brief description for each of the point types.
- You can now change the color and filter for faction links and messages. They will no longer go to the Other filter.
- Added the spell name and resist type to spell damage messages.
- Strikethrough messages are now reported at the end of a hit message instead of in a separate line. The Strikethrough chat filter has also been removed.
- Mana and endurance regeneration from bard songs will no longer incorrectly display the focused amount in the Stats window.
- Made the following changes to DoT reporting:
- - DoT filters should be working again.
- - If the caster of a DoT dies, their damage will now be reported as being cast by their corpse.
- - If the caster zones or is charmed, their damage will be reported without a caster's name, and the damage will not be focused.
- - If the caster returns to the zone or is resurrected, these DoT messages will once again associate with them and be focused.
- - NPCs awakened by a DoT cast by someone who has left the zone or died will now display a message.
- Changed -
- The EverQuest Team
Updated Quests: Coalition Trader Next Task ; Shaman Epic 2.0: Blessed Spiritstaff of the Heyokah ; Dirty Work
Bestiary Updates: Deathfist Pawn ; Arem Ulosia [Paladin Guildmaster] ; Aimie Moonspin [Jewelcrafting Supplies] ; Alec Greenglade [General Supplies] ; Amata D`Lavi [Cleric Spells] ; Amber [Jewelcrafting Supplies] ; Ardiflah Steadirt [Weapons] ; Innkeep Rille [General Supplies] ; Hollish T'noops ; Asnod Marnoc [Weapons] ; Tyrsa Henic [Task Master] ; Atvo Siro [Enchanter Spells] ; Bondl Felligan ; Tsiraka ; Guard Willia ; Edwardian Holyblade ; Gubbly Gippledo ; Genniau Noghce ; Ginehl Wiquar ; Gayle Seesill [Tribute Master] ; Elder Spirit of Enlightenment ; Event Coordinator Baublie Diggs [Tradeskill Quests] ; Emissary of Druzzil ; Erling Elsai ; Captain Victor Lis [Missions] ; Braden [Mission] ; Danubi ; Darrisa Nyny [Hybrid Tomes] ; Informant Famy [Missions] ; Bievi Silverstein [Banker] ; Groflah Steadirt ; Grug Deathfist ; Elder Spirit of Might ; Branack Welk ; Fippy Darkpaw ; a shaded flame ; Elder Spirit of Wisdom
Updated Quests: Stonehand Cap ; Stonehand Bracer ; Stonehand Sleeves ; Stonehand Sandals ; Stonehand Trousers ; Defending the Tribe: Triceratopses ; Defending the Tribe: Ankylosauruses ; Defending the Tribe: Raptors ; Defending the Tribe: Tyrannosauruses ; A Meal of Meats ; Other's Things ; On Behest of the Emperor
Bestiary Updates: Laken Boorheez ; Klom Jysun [Monk Guildmaster] ; Borxx ; Knight of Truth ; Karl Saffio [Tribute Master] ; Phineas Taylor ; Judge Marion Teld`mare [Tradeskill Quests] ; Danubi ; Ishmani [Mission] ; Neas Levati [Missions] ; Mumaru Likaeu [Merchant] ; Randrol ; Plink Gemtosser ; Ordun the Bonecollector ; Jacob Masterson [Mercenary Liaison] ; Laura Masterson [Mercenary Liaison] ; Caradawg Gwyn ; Dread Overseer Akalod ; Arbitrator Kelliar [Heroic Adventures] ; a weary overseer ; a magic shard ; a chokidai fleshripper ; Whispering Frost ; a chokidai egg sac ; a skelehelper ; a volatile muddite ; follower of the Champion ; a subordinate fey ; a magic fracture ; a frantic beetle ; a hungry beetle ; Dread Overseer Akalod ; a moldering fungusman ; a twisted fungusman ; a wild fungusman ; Holly Windstalker ; Ixyl the Claymaster
Updated Items: Flickering Baton of Empyr ; Diminished Inhabited Muhbis ; Escargot Anneau De Feu ; Assassin's Vigilant Necklace ; Assassin's Kerchief of Eventide ; Iron Hearted Spaulders ; Blunt Force ; Intricate Defiant Plate Boots ; Intricate Defiant Handwraps ; Intricate Defiant Chain Gauntlets ; Prism Blade ; Belt of the Last Light ; Ancient Rusted Amulet ; Lesser Spellbound Lamp ; Glowing Spellbound Lamp ; Median Spellbound Lamp ; Minor Spellbound Lamp ; Greater Spellbound Lamp ; Windborne Cudgel ; Stale Larkspur
Bestiary Updates: Deep ; an executioner ; Prime Executioner Vathoch ; Agent of the Tribunal ; an Undead Vassal ; Sergeant Terrick Burns ; Deep ; a Bixie Guardian ; an ancient air warden ; an ancient stone warden ; Flowing Horizon Halo ; an ancient fire warden ; an ancient water warden ; Platinum Rainbow Spire ; Stalwart Flicker ; Iron Heart ; Assassin of the Perfect Dusk ; Sister of the Invisible Heart ; Flail ; Lord Mithaniel Marr ; Holly Windstalker ; Borxx
Updated Quests: Marsinger Hybrid No. 1 ; Our Worldly Anchors ; Fortifying the Water Supply ; Resupplying the Sundries ; A Shining Gift ; Bloodfeather Weapon Supplies ; Stocking the Stores ; Talon #1: The Ebonwing Threat ; Silwat #2: Our Simple Purpose
Updated Items: Versluierd Fungus ; Lucidem ; Powder of Ro ; Scrykin Blood ; Coalesced Mana ; Arcstone Lavarock ; Dervish Spirit Dust ; Peridot ; Crushed Diamond Dust ; Shaped Prestidigitase ; Lava Rock ; Crystallized Sulfur ; Uncut Amethyst ; Uncut Combine Star ; Scrykin Steel Shard ; Elaborate Defiant Silk Pantaloons ; Simple Scrykin Gauntlet ; Essence of Fire ; Raw Amber Nihilite ; Black Sapphire ; Innoruuk's Black Rose Head Ornament ; Uncut Goshenite ; Malachite ; Wisp Spirit Dust ; Elaborate Binding Powder ; Elaborate Defiant Kama ; Elaborate Defiant Chain Boots ; Elaborate Defiant Recurve Bow ; Essence of Wind ; Burned Out Lightstone ; Taaffeite ; Amethyst Shard of Relic ; Grimy Fine Vellum Parchment ; Used Parchment ; Sooty Paper ; Smudged Runic Paper ; Smudged Rough Paper ; Sooty Fine Runic Vellum ; Sooty Fine Paper ; Smudged Runic Parchment ; Favor of Druzzil ; Raw Shimmering Nihilite ; Simple Scrykin Mask ; Processing Gizmo ; Rusty Spring ; Timing Gear ; Oiled Cog ; Padding Stitched Gauntlets ; Select Verses of Sul ; Mammatus Charm ; Child's Drawing of a Rat
Updated Recipes: Robe of Visage
Bestiary Updates: a needle clawed hopper ; A Saurek Hopper ; A Saurek Claw Beast ; A Saurek Shredder ; A Saurek Darkclaw ; A Saurek Deathmaw ; a manaetic contraption ; a scrykin attendant ; a lost scrykin servant ; a living vortex ; a scrykin wanderer ; a scrykin traveller ; a scrykin customer ; a vexed spiritlight ; a lost scrykin retainer ; a supply runner (Earth Elemental) ; a roving cyclone ; an enthralling gale ; a lost scrykin attendant ; a scrykin shopper ; a blinding spiritlight ; a scrykin spendthrift ; a whipping wind ; a supply runner (Air Elemental) ; a supply runner (Fire Elemental) ; a supply runner (Water Elemental) ; Forsaken Cloud Sapphire
Zone Updates: Rujarkian Hills: The Fortified Lair of the Taskmasters
New Quests: Simple Belt for Crescent Reach
Updated Quests: Plane of Air Event: Avatar of Smoke
Bestiary Updates: Jillian Dayson [Smithing Supplies] ; Lynda Tapper [General Supplies] ; Dunore Moorwing ; Sir Hogo ; Falia Frikniller [Armor] ; Sir Folon ; Hulos Ghenar [General Supplies] ; Celsar Vestagon [Cleric Guildmaster] ; Ghonic Erharn [Cleric Guildmaster] ; Jemoz Lerkarson [Cleric Guildmaster] ; Bran Greenglade [General Supplies] ; Direlee Furme [Cleric Spells] ; Donala Baris [Paladin Spells] ; Galio [General Supplies] ; Geep Tresoj [Cleric Spells] ; Gern Tassel [General Supplies] ; Gibbon Morfield [General Supplies] ; Innkeep Evelona [General Supplies] ; Innkeep Palola [General Supplies] ; Jade [Jewelcrafting Supplies] ; Jallen Nooz [Armor] ; Judicla Riverfield [Brewing Supplies] ; Kyrin Steelbone [Smithing Supplies] ; Locarme Zennix [Cleric Spells] ; Nosspri Andrika [Cleric Spells] ; Orex Nolus [Paladin Spells] ; Eestyana Naestra [Cleric Guildmaster] ; Gygus Remnara [Paladin Guildmaster] ; Fania Esruc [Weapons] ; Dulia Jestes [Enchanter Supplies] ; Dooly Jonkers [Magician Guildmaster] ; Glyssa Sonshaw [Enchanter Guildmaster] ; Hemia Skemner [Wizard Guildmaster] ; Chardo Ahdelia [Wizard Spells] ; Charia Betou [Wizard Spells] ; Cronte Deloru [Magician Spells] ; Jarel Ranin [Enchanter Spells] ; Jonbe Kressi [Magician Spells] ; Krystin Charcoal [Brewing Supplies] ; Lasiris Oncre [Enchanter Spells] ; Lysin Smokkan [Jewelcrafting Supplies] ; Mirpa Arana [Wizard Spells] ; Monat D`Larme [Enchanter Spells] ; Odemi Partun [Magician Spells] ; Olyna Mudel [Alchemy Supplies] ; Ping Fuzzlecutter [General Supplies] ; Danaria Hollin ; Lieutenant Arathur ; Boomba the Big [General Supplies] ; Onytir Seavin ; Oresan Kai [Alchemy Supplies] ; Chaenthe Osere [Berserker Tomes] ; Chasmos Throusk [Inferno Scepter Compon] ; Erista Tidius [Plate Armor] ; Etomuno Imihao [Brewing Supplies] ; Filrian Lylius [Leather Armor] ; Ilolista Enitia [Alchemy Supplies] ; Indanrian Lyshius [Weapons] ; Indrian Rakeaus [Research Supplies] ; Malrion Rilius [Research Supplies] ; Quanarn Dereus [Brewing Supplies] ; Brother Velan Torresk [Monk Guildmaster] ; a zombie ; Finn ; Lelillia [Parcels and Noble Exchange]