Sleep in or take your better half to breakfast, because....
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 6:00AM Pacific Time for the August update. EQ Servers will be unavailable for approximately two hours.
Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.
Here are the patch notes:
*** Highlights ***
- Fixed an issue with turbo processors causing players to run very fast/very slow.
- All non-caster classes have gained a set of innate AAs that increase skill damage at all times. Some burn disciplines have had power reduced. See the Spell and AA sections for details.
- Added an AA ability for all pet classes that reduces the amount of hate your pet will generate.
- Fixed several issues with the Frenzied Burnout AA line for Magicians.
- Magician and Necromancer pets are now weaker in large numbers against some raid targets on Progression Servers. See that section below for details.
Continue after the jump for more update notes.
*** Items ***
- Added augmentation slots to a handful of miscellaneous armor and weapons that did not previously have them.
- Magician - Corrected the following issues with the Obedient Companion line of spells cast by magician robes:
- Renamed these spells to follow a simpler standardization.
- Robes obtained in The Darkened Sea (excluding Castaway Robe of the Conjuror) will now focus Bolt of Molten Shieldstone rather than Bolt of Molten Magma.
- Increased the amount of focus damage that TDS robes will add to Bolt of Molten Shieldstone.
- The Companion's Strikes triggered by the TDS robes can now be cast when your pet backstabs in addition to when it bashes. This gives the water pet the ability to utilize this buff.
- Corrected several inconsistencies where some robes in the series were casting a lower level version of the bolt focus spell than they should have been.
- The Doljonijiarnimorinar axe now has a positive weight instead of a negative weight.
*** Quests & Events ***
- A cold wind blows through the caverns below the spires that sit at the center of Luclin's deadliest mountains. Practitioners of the dark arts may be interested in seeking this out.
- Plane of Sky - The Djinn quest givers that inhabit the halls below the first island have had their respawn time reduced from 2.4 hours to 20 minutes.
- Alerts have been created for Living Legacy and Brew Day events!
- Alerts for recurring events should show up again if you had dismissed them in years past.
*** Spells ***
- Damage dealt by a defender to their attacker as a result of a damage shield will no longer display two lines of text when this damage is dealt.
- Implemented a new timer ID (-1) for melee abilities that allows them to be used independently.
- Beastlord - Reduced the skill damage modifier on the caster's portion of Bestial Fury Discipline and Empathic Fury by 50, Savage Fury by 13-16, and Savage Rage by 10-16 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
- Berserker - Moved all axe summoning abilities from timer 7 to timer -1.
- Berserker - All abilities that summon multiple axes now have a 4 second cast time and 12 second recast time.
- Berserker - Reduced the skill damage modifier by 50 on Blind Rage Discipline and Berserking Discipline, Sundering Discipline by 33, and Brutal Discipline by 30 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
- Monk - Moved the Echo of Misdirection line from timer 6 to timer -1.
- Monk - Moved the Phantom/Apparition line from timer 9 to timer -1.
- Monk - Moved Vigorous Shuriken from timer 14 to timer -1.
- Monk - Moved Drunken Monkey Style from timer 14 to timer -1.
- Monk - Reduced the skill damage modifier on Innerflame Discipline and its upgrades (Crystalpalm, Diamondpalm, Terrorpalm) by 50 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
- Rogue - Moved the Blinding Flash line from timer 8 to timer -1.
- Rogue - Reduced the skill damage modifier on Duelist Discipline and its upgrades (Assassin, Eradicator, Executioner) by 50 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
- Warrior - Moved the Bracing Defense line from timer 6 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved Throat Jab from timer 9 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved Commanding Voice from timer 9 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved Champion's Aura and Myrmidon's Aura from timer 10 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved the Field Armorer line from timer 10 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Moved Lionhearted Rally-Cry from timer 12 to timer -1.
- Warrior - Reduced the skill damage modifier on Fellstrike Discipline by 50 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
*** AA ***
- Implemented the following changes in an effort to create an overall increase in damage over time while leaving the damage dealt under the effects of short duration (burn) disciplines at least what it was previously.
- Starting at level 40 and extending to level 105, all non-caster classes will be granted ranks in a passive AA ability line that increases overall melee damage dealt with all skill types. The percentage increase starts at 10% and increases to 50% by level 65 for all classes. For levels 70 through 105 the percentage increase scales differently per class.
- Ranger - Created a new AA ability called Gladestrider's Leap. It is available starting at level 85 from the Underfoot expansion.
- Ranger - All ranks of the Journeyman's Speed ability now reduce the re-use time for Gladestrider's Leap.
- All pet classes now have an activated AA ability called Companion's Calm Demeanor. This ability, when activated, will reduce the hatred generated by your summoned pets by 40%.
- Enchanter - Renamed the ability Deep Sleep to Projected Somnolence.
- Enchanter - Projected Somnolence retains the chance to trigger Deep Sleep on a mesmerized target, but now also has a 100% chance to trigger Somnolence when the enchanter casts a level 65 or higher cripple spell.
- Each rank of Somnolence is an equivalent accuracy debuff to each rank of Deep Sleep but does not offer the attack speed debuff (Deep Sleep's Malaise) imparted by rank 6 and higher of Deep Sleep.
- Magician - Fixed the following issues with the line "Frenzied Burnout":
- Ranks 1-9 now have a functioning flurry chance. This chance is additive with the owner's passive pet flurry chance AA abilities. (The flurry chance on Ranks 7-9 previously did not function for pets.)
- Ranks 1-9 now have a defined rampage chance. Note: a pet's rampage attacks will not break mesmerization. (Previously, only rank 1 of this AA line and no other had a special case that caused the magician's pet alternate flurry chance and rampage chance. This special case for rank 1 has been removed and now ranks 1-9 have a defined rampage chance.)
- Warrior - Corrected a bug that prevented the ability Dual-Wielding Proficiency from being activated if the warrior had a piercing weapon in their primary hand and a one-handed blunt weapon in their secondary hand.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Increased the maximum number of adventurers that can be in any load balanced version of the Commonlands.
- Many of the bosses in the Ruins of Kunark will provide more of a challenge on Progression Servers. Bosses in the Ruins of Kunark will only spawn in the base version of their zone.
- Returned the defensive skill values of level 1-65 magician and necromancer pets to match what they were in the Planes of Power era. This will only affect Progression Servers until LDoN unlocks on the server. These changes have no impact on other live servers.
- Raid targets that were previously increased in power on Progression Servers now have the ability Mark of the Old Ways. This will reduce the resistances and melee damage output and increase incoming melee damage of Magician and Necromancer pets with increasing severity based on the total number of those pets that are attacking the raid target.
- Progression raid targets have had their difficulty reduced, particularly in the Plane of Sky.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Link-dead (LD) players will no longer be immediately removed from the world.
- /quit now works like /exit.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain raid bosses to stop appearing in instances on live servers. This primarily impacted Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen in Old Man McKenzie's Ancient Heroes missions.
*** UI ***
- Extended target slots set to display targets that don't exist will now not render a lifebar rather than displaying an empty lifebar with the name "------".
- Changed -
*** Previously Updated ***
- Addressed some world stability issues related to spam filtering.
- You will no longer crash when trying to "View Mine" for an achievement that you cannot view.
- Lowered the AC values of many NPCs in the Arx Mentis raids by up to 45 percent. This should allow melee hits to land for higher damage against these targets.
- The EverQuest Team