Here are the patch notes from today's patch (this is the 'sneak peek' version, subject to change).
*** Highlights ***
- The 10th Veteran Reward, Summon Resupply Agent, is now available!
- Alternate Advancement experience has been accelerated significantly for those with fewer AAs spent and will scale back down to the normal rate as more AAs are earned.
- Many keyed zones from the Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious, Shadows of Luclin, Planes of Power, Gates of Discord, Omens of War, Depths of Darkhollow, and Prophecy of Ro have had their key/flag requirements modified. All players that have obtained the key/flag will still be allowed entry into the zones, as will players that have met minimum level requirements for the zones. The zones and minimum level requirements are as follows:
- Required Level 46 -
The Howling Stones
Skyshrine to Cobalt Scar
- Required Level 55 -
Locked areas of the Temple of Ssraeshza
- Required level 57 -
Bastion of Thunder
Halls of Honor
The Temple of Marr
Tower of Solusek Ro
Drunder, The Fortress of Zek
- Required Level 60 -
Plane of Water
Plane of Air
Plane of Fire
Plane of Earth
- Required Level 62 -
Plane of Time
- Required Level 65 -
- Required Level 68 -
- Required Level 70 -
Demiplane of Blood
- Required Level 72 -
Theater of Blood
- The Season of the Fabled has come to an end. The Fabled NPCs have packed up their camps and are riding off into the sunset for another year.
*** Items ***
- Added new spell drops to Meldrath's Majestic Mansion.
- Increased the drop rate slightly for some spells in Crystallos.
- Added recommended and required levels to some trade skill drops to help clarify their use. This does not change their actual use as trade skill containers do not pay attention to the recommended and required levels of items put in them.
- Added a set of new vendors that sell many of the spell research components. The cost of these have been adjusted so that they sell to an NPC closer to the price it cost to make them, but merchants will sell them at a premium. This means that you can save money while gaining skill. Also when you make spell combines you can choose between saving money, or saving time. You save money by making the sub-combines yourself, you save time by buying them.
- Chromatic focus is now available for slot 12 augments for Cultural armor.
- The engineer steamworks that work within the guardian have developed devices that help them move within the beast. Fortunately for adventurers they can be a bit absent minded about them and adventurers can find them lying about.
- A vial of raging heartblood is not as vile as it was previously.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Rylin Coil will now show and give all three tinkering mastery books for the tinkering mastery quest.
*** Spells ***
- The Shadowknight spells Touch of Kildrukaun and Touch of Severan that were linked together to share the reuse timer with a previous Game Update have been unlinked.
- Secrets of Faydwer's Talisman of the Puma has been renamed to Talisman of the Cougar.
- Cast time on Quellious' Word of Tranquility has been reduced from 4 to 2 seconds.
- The Adrenal Boost focus effect has been changed to Life Line, which is a mana cost reduction on Pure Life.
- The Closefisted Claw focus effect has been changed to Ethereal Breath, which is a damage increase on Ethereal Conflagration.
- Breastplate worn effects that enhanced one rank of a spell or discipline now enhance all three ranks.
- Reuse time reduction bonus on Assassin's Efficacy, Impenetrable Body, and Fit of Berserking Rage have been set to 25%.
- The Rage of Tri'Qaras effect triggered from Bulwark of Tri'Qaras is now a damage bonus that stacks with other effects.
- The recourse from the Challenge for Honor line will now appear in the bard buff box.
- The Vinelash Ensnare effect triggered from Vinelash Cascade will no longer overwrite the highest version of Entrap.
- The efficiency of Secrets of Faydwer direct damage spells now scales up on higher ranks of the same spell.
- Improved Block and Improved Parry have been merged. Any item that previously had Improved Block or Improved Parry will now have Improved Parry / Block.
*** NPC ***
- Halima in Crescent Reach can now be found in the find window.
- Henrik O'Danos no longer sells Hypericum twice.
- Ralfin in Bloodmoon keep will now cast his heal spell less frequently.
*** AA ***
- Added Rangers to the Critical Affliction line of AAs.
- Increased the range of the Wrath of the Wild AA line to match other Damage Shield spells that Druids have.
- Increased the hitpoints and resists of all "Wards" for all classes to make them better able to resist ambient damage.
*** UI ***
- The tracking window can now be sorted alphabetically and reverse-alphabetically. Also, there is now a check box to set whether you want the tracking window to auto-update every six seconds.
- Our UI xml schema has changed. If you are using a custom UI you may need to update this file in your custom UI directory.
- Changed -
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Situation where double length timer was given on events has been fixed. This occurred specifically to people who dropped out of the expedition and hadn't been kicked out of the zone yet.
- Changes have been made to the way the client is notified about other entities (players, NPCs, etc.) in the zone.
- Changed NPC summon behavior to summon the player right in front of their current heading at 1/2 their melee range. Calculations used to determine when the NPC should summon have been made a bit more accurate.
- Iksar and Wood Elves should be able to increase their forage skill caps after purchasing the forage AA.
- Corrected a problem with hate generation from skill attack abilities such as Hail of Arrows and Decimator's Volley. They were generating considerably more hate than they should and have been returned to their previous, lower hate generation.
- Zone-wide /who commands now use a similar code path to server wide /who all commands. Note that this will impose a similar time limit to how often it can be used.
- The bobbing effect of levitation has been removed. A new effect that pushes you off the ground about a foot and a half has been introduced.
- Fixed an issue with the "Public if Usable" permission in the guild bank.
- Fixed an issue that could place levitated players below the world when entering certain zones.
- Fixed an issue that would cause levitate to fail if a player's mount was hit by a spell (usually an aura).
- Stacks of two items in the guild bank can now be split.
*** Previously Updated ***
- Fixed an issue with the reset of the Kildrukaun event in Crystallos.
- Lockout timers linked on many similar long-reuse spells of the same line.
- The EverQuest Team