Spell Icon Impenetrable Discipline  

Description

1: Increase Melee Mitigation by 90%
2: Stun Resist (1000%)
3: 50% Chance to trigger: Impenetrable Effect
4: 30% Chance to trigger: Impenetrable Effect II
5: 20% Chance to trigger: Impenetrable Effect III

Details   Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View

Mana: 0 Skill: Defense
Casting Time: Instant Recast Time: 234
Fizzle Time: 0 Range: 200
Location: Any Time of Day: Any
Hate Generated: 1 Deletable: No
Blockable: Yes Focusable: Yes
Dispellable: No Interruptable: No
Short Buff Box: No Timer: 2
Target Type: Self Spell Type: Beneficial
Source: Live 06/19

Melee Flags

Initial Endurance Cost:0 Endurance Cost:90/second
Opening Types:
  • Triggered on demand

Messages

Cast on you: Your body becomes impenetrable.
Cast on other: Soandso 's body becomes impenetrable.
Effect Fades: You are no longer impenetrable.

Game Description

Allows your body to take on an impenetrable form, causing you to take greatly decreased melee damage and rendering you immune to stun effects. The impenetrable form also has a chance to completely absorb the first several strikes against you.

Items with this effect

Quick Facts

Scroll:
Tome of Impenetrable Discipline

ClassLevel
MNK72

Expansion:
Serpents Spine

Duration:
2 ticks
Post Comment
Bugged?
# Nov 11 2009 at 1:29 AM Rating: Default
So this says reuse time is 3:24 in the ability window, and i've used it with that refresh time. Today I used it and it's telling me I have a 50 minute or so reuse time while it still says 3:24 in the ability window. Eh???
Bugged?
# Jan 09 2010 at 8:56 PM Rating: Good
41 posts
This shares the same timer as other defensive abilities so if you use a defensive ability with a 50 min cool down you will have to wait 50 min to use this ability.
lifeshard?
# Nov 23 2006 at 6:38 AM Rating: Decent
*
85 posts
Does anyone know what it means when it says "Cannot parse chance to create lifeshard"?
lifeshard?
# Mar 13 2007 at 4:21 AM Rating: Decent
I know that Impenetrable often gives me a damage absorb Rune effect so more than likely the "Cannot parse chance to create lifeshard" portion is all about the rune effect. My best guess (guess = don't /point /laugh me when I'm wrong) is that Rk1 being 50/30/20 means the % chance for each "level" of the rune... 50% chance for the weakest, 30% chance for next strongest and 30% chance for the strongest. Then Rk2 is 40% / 30% / 30% and Rk3 is 30%, 30%, 40%. That means that as you get the higher ranks the only difference would be a better chance to have to rune portion absorb more damage.
lifeshard?
# Jan 02 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
463 posts
The spell description used to have a mysterious reference to lifeshards, but now it's a lot clearer: the numbers are indeed the chance for various levels of effect, and the effect is now identified as "Impenetrable Effect" of various ranks. Those ranks appear to vary in the number of attacks absorbed.

I should go check the numerous other spells that used to mention lifeshards and see if they also have clearer descriptions now...
____________________________
Sukrasisx (105 monk) / Terrwini (67 druid) / Teviron (59 shadowknight) / Wizbeau (36 wizard)
-- Mystic Coercion, EMarr
Post Comment

Free account required to post

You must log in or create an account to post messages.