|Quest Started By:||Description:|
|You say, 'Hail, Mayor Soltiman Wex' |
Mayor Soltiman Wex attempts a smile, though it looks a bit like a sneer, 'Thank you for taking care of that [personal favor] for me, Andraax. I won't forget it. Just thinking about how those Bokon were treating the newly dead makes my bile boil. Have you any interest in [gaining an understanding] of our society, or pursuing the [next step], or remembering that all is not [black and white]?'
Mayor Soltiman Wex thinks for a moment, then interjects. '... or are you here on some sort of [heroic adventure]?'
You say, 'look into it'
Mayor Soltiman Wex says 'Most of our history is kept in the form of artifacts. You may have seen them in the warrens below ground. They offer wisdom to those that can hear it. You might start your work there. Leave through the front door if you want to get where you are going.'
You have received a request timer for 'Deadline': 0d:0h:5m remaining.
You have been assigned the task 'Deadline'.
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay.
1. Head down to the base of the waterfall 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
2. Defeat the shifty bokon, clearly members of the Underground 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
3. Defeat the alarmed bokon, clearly members of the Underground 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
4. Defend yourself against frenzied tsetseian swarmers 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
5. Defeat Shepherd Grimlight 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
6. Collect the evidence 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
7. Return to the top level of Sul Vius 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
8. Give Mayor Soltiman Wex the evidence 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
9. Open the chest. 0/1 (Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay)
1) If you head down you get your update on the last platform to the underground tunnels
2) There are three Bokon in the open center pit at the bottom. Besides these there are some roamers/mobs. If you don't want surprises then clear the stuff before you kill the Bokon. After the three Bokon are killed, then the next step (attack) will be automatic.
3) NOW it gets interesting and task seem to lock! Two Alarmed Bokon will attack you (it seemed they come from the stairs-side, they appeared at the wall of the stairs upwards). If you get killed then expect that the task has failed because we found no way to get into the task. If you Exodus then they will come after you or simply summon you into the pit, if you mezz then they are immune, if you run back because your fellowship is not in the instance then you get a message that it is not possible. So have a decent tank and heal him properly. That should be then no problem
Btw: If you want even change from Demiplane Life to Demiplane Decay it is not possible because of nice red message:
The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here
You can trick here with a ready fellowship in Demiplane of Decay in front of the doors which lead back into the task.
4) Now it gets crazy and deadly: A swarm of six frenzied tsetseian swarmers will attack, they appear also in that wall/stairs-corner. They are not mezzable, not snareable but they don't summon. Group gots nearly wiped, only the druid got out with Exodus but they came after him. At the succor point he run around the whole pit while spamming Storm Strike, Remote Sunflash and Horde of Aculeids to each mob. There are about 3 corners in that circle where the time is enough to kite around the mobs. If your group has been killed it gives plenty of time to bring them back.
We tried that step with a tank/healer merc but that one got eaten as fast as we couldn't even gulp. Mercs are so useless meanwhile. A fellowship in Demiplane Decay manages to bring all back to Decay and then you can re-enter the task. So the idea is to let the druid enter and solo-kite all in a circle till named shows up then re-enter with the whole group the task and finish him of (he will come up from the bottom btw. so expect adds if you didn''t killed them, usually 2-3 globs ;)
That step btw is ridiculous for normal group gear. Daybreak want old Everquest back, but they forget that many pay for the group geared system too and don't want to loose a life as a raider in a big guild... so if you are not ubah expect 2-3 complete wipes with that trick, then you can get to the named.
5) The Named comes after you if you are above circling the pit. He sadly summons, so the same trick did not work. He made very clear that druids are not liked (others surely as little as a druid ;)). So if you wiped at one of the points 3-5 then the only solution so far was: kick the task and get a new one... - or ... port to your fellowship, ready your tanks, get into the task again (you can enter without aggro if you don't make a step too far).
6) If you killed the named, loot the evidence. The rest is history...
If somebody else has some nice tactics or a strategy how to beat this task without the usual zerging ubah tank and healer to get throught the task then post something useful. This task is no fun at moment if crowd control is useless, kiting is a joke and especially re-entry in the task is not possible once wiped. Timers which are only for the Mr. fast finger or the Mr. raider is boring. A bit complicated strategic way of solving the problem with all the spells we have would make more fun but Daybreak seems too lazy for that. Perhaps anybody has a different approach - have fun.
|Submitted by: Fayman|
|Send a Correction|