|Quest Started By:||Description:|
The Darkened Sea Info & Guides: Overview | Progression & Task List | Raiding | Visible Armor
This is a raid event in the expedition into Arx Mentis.
- Aggro and/or kill any hostile mob to trigger the event.
- Mayor Livio and Captain Tita arrive along with 48 troops (12 at each ramp); trigger the event through dialogue with the Mayor.
- Firiona Vie and friends will be here to assist (beneficial spells will be cast by them).
--- Hostile mobs in this raid can aggro and attack friendly NPCs.
--- If Firiona Vie dies, the event immediately resets.
- Once triggered, one of the groups of 12 "August" mobs activates (they activate four at a time, five seconds apart).
--- Once active, these 12 mobs become unrooted and attackable by normal means.
--- The remaining three groups do NOT aggro at this point; however, their casters (unattackable) cast offensive spells on random players.
--- August Magio cast:
------ "Eldritch Binding" (melee slow + snare)
------ "Mind-Numbing Sonics" (mez spell)
------ "Pillar of Claws" (targeted AE dmg)
------ "Burning Essence" (targeted AE dmg)
--------- These targeted AEs are preceded by personal emotes seen by the targeted player, but can only be seen if within a certain range of the NPC casting it.
--- August Vitali cast:
------ "Primary's Retort" (reverse dmg shield)
------ "Praetor's Contravention" (dmg spell + heal for target's target)
------ "Purge" (NPC cures of poison, curse, disease, and corruption)
------ "Word of the Citadel" (PBAE stun + dmg)
- Once an entire troop is dead (12 "August" mobs), the event progresses to the next phase.
- Now, the remaining August NPCs make formations:
--- Soldiers are perma-rooted (for now) and are attackable by melee, but not by range or spells.
--- Magio and Vitali are immune to all damage, but continue using spell attacks on players.
--- Once five of the troops in a formation are dead, all remaining mobs in that formation become mobile, attackable, and killable.
- If any trooper is kited (outside 20' range), it casts a snare spell on its target.
- Captain Tita aggros when one of three things occur:
--- If one formation is entirely killed;
--- If more than half of all soldiers are killed; or
--- If 6 minutes pass after the formation phase began
- When Captain Tita goes aggro, all remaining August troops become unrooted / standard aggro as well.
- Captain Tita from 100% to 25% casts "Rear Sweep" (directional/rear AE dmg) and "Burning Slap" (DOT to second-most hated).
- Captain Tita from 25% to finish casts "Rear Sweep" and "Shield Bash" (dmg + stun), and becomes more avoidant to melee damage.
- Any time a trooper dies, Captain Tita places that mob's most hated target at the top of her own hate list.
- If Captain Tita is kited, she casts "Tendon Cut" on her target.
- Kill Captain Tita and all troops to win the event.
- Reset: If Captain Tita is idle for 30 seconds, the event resets.
In addition to chest loot, everyone receives 1x "Fragment of the Citadel Key" (clicking four of these grants access to the citadel where Events #2-4 take place).
Also, everyone receives 10x "Arx Energy Crystal", used to buy raid gear from Researcher Orbiana (click for map image) in the zone-in area of Katta Castrum: Deluge.
Possible chest loot includes 1-2 armor pieces (first list) + 1-3 other items (second list) + 4-8 spells (third list) + 0-1 "Elder Source of Creation" (cultural aug) + 0-1 "Tita's Incapacitating Cincture" (chase item):
Earring of Morbus
Earring of the August
Praetor's Ledalus Stud
Sledge of the Indagatorum
Minor Essence of the Citadel
Lesser Essence of the Citadel
Median Essence of the Citadel
Also unlocked by this event (but not confirmed as chest drops) are the following items:
Guard of the Northern Star (shield)
|Send a Correction|
Free account required to postYou must log in or create an account to post messages.