|Quest Started By:||Description:|
Call of the Forsaken Info & Guides: Overview | Progression & Task List | Raiding | Visible Armor
About Heroic Adventures
- Heroic adventures in Call of the Forsaken scale in level: As low as Level 75 and up to current maximum level.
- Scale is based on the highest level player present in the zone and affects difficulty, loot quality, and mob levels.
- There is some variation/randomization in the task steps you'll be assigned as you progress through the task.
- Time of completion will vary by your group's makeup (anywhere from 30-90+ minutes).
- Collection items appear as ground spawns midway through tasks (you'll see an emote indicating their appearance).
- Named mobs (or their PHs) spawn midway through tasks (usually, but always, at the same time collection items appear).
- These tasks have individual 3-hour lockout timers (timer gained upon completion).
Experience in Heroic Adventures
- Mobs in these instances grant some experience, but the bulk of experience is earned upon task completion.
- As of a patch in November 2014, less difficult tasks were tuned to reward less experience and more difficult ones were tuned to reward more.
- For an added experience bonus, check out Guard Hamarn's "Daily Tasks".
This is a heroic adventure (1-6 players) that begins with Gribble Grobblenobber (click for map) in the Dead Hills. He is located outside a tent in the dock camp just west of the zone-in point.
Pre-Requisites for Requesting:
- Level 75
- Completed "Into the Hills" (heroic adventure)
- Say "ready" to request the task and "lead" to zone in.
- Kill the vegerogs lingering on the path 0/18
--- Kill updates
- Kill the unearthed monstrosities lingering on the path 0/18
--- Undead kill updates
- Kill the mosquitoes lingering on the path 0/18
--- Insect kill updates
- Beat Xulous scouts until they give you information 0/12
--- Kill updates
- Collect dusty artifacts from the xulous elders 0/7
--- Kill and loot xulous elders
- At this point in the task, collectibles spawn in the zone (ground spawns) and a named (or its PH) has a chance to spawn.
- Loot a spellbook from a Xulous deathcaller 0/1
--- Kill deathcallers until you loot one of these items
- Loot Excavation Tools from undead excavators 0/1
--- Kill the excavators until you've looted the item
- Loot dynamite from zombie excavators 0/1
--- Kill zombie excavators until you've looted "Dynamite"
- Use whatever item you found to weaken the wall 0/1
--- This is a click update
- Speak to Gribble Grobblenobber to return to camp 0/1
--- Hail update
- As soon as the objective for Step #5 is done, the task completes.
"Deathcaller Xylok" (or its PH, "a xulous elite") has a chance to spawn after the second step is completed. Known loot from this named:
Blood Drinker's Coating
Ring of Stolen Graves
Signet of Blood
Erilon Soldier Bow
Shorn Ut`len Tentacle
Guardian's Jeweled Ring
Leaping Girdle of Speckles
Scimitar of Seasons
Steely Vestment of the Grand Manipulator
Very Unlucky Feral Hare's Foot
Warlord's Unholy Pendant
Buckler of the Capricious Firebug
Sergeant's Mining Pick
Torrentus' Frozen Cinch
TASK IN DETAIL
TRIGGERING THE TASK
You say, 'Hail, Gribble Grobblenobber'
Gribble Grobblenobber blinks in disbelief, 'So all the rumors are true! Adventurers are being kidnapped, and it seems that gnomes are common targets! Who would do such a thing, and why? Cogwitz is receiving medical treatment in the other tent. We should question him more when he recovers, but for now, I think we should see what's beyond the wall. Are you [ready]?'
You say, 'Ready!'
Gribble Grobblenobber says 'You [lead] the way, and I'll follow closely behind.'
You have been assigned the task 'Scouting Ahead'.
Gribble Grobblenobber would like your help in discovering what lies within the northwestern hills.
You say, 'OK, I'll lead...'
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered The Dead Hills.
Kill the vegerogs lingering on the path 0/18 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: Slaughter any and all vegerogs you find along the path.
If You Get This Step: Kill vegerogs until you've updated the task. These mobs each hit for a max ~15,000. They are rootable, snareable, mezzable, and stunnable.
Kill the unearthed monstrosities lingering on the path 0/18 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: Slaughter any and all unearthed monstrosities you find along the path.
If You Get This Step: Kill 18x "an unearthed monstrosity" (these are undead and summon).
They can randomly drop:
Kill the mosquitoes lingering on the path 0/18 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: Slaughter any and all mosquitoes you find along the path.
If You Get This Step: Kill 18 mosquitoes ahead of the zone-in.
Beat Xulous scouts until they give you information 0/12 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: It may take a little brute force, but the xulous scouts will talk!
If You Get This Step: Kill xulous scouts until you've updated the task. These hit for a max ~9,500; are mezzable/stunnable/rootable; and do not summon.
a xulous scout says 'Once our behemoths have risen, all will fear our wrath as they once feared the dragons!'
a xulous scout says 'You will never breach our defenses! The wall stands tall, reinforced by mindless undead minions.'
a xulous scout says 'You're too late! The rituals have begun. With each sacrifice we learn more about how to raise our behemoths.'
a xulous scout says 'We will strengthen our camps and build upon what little we have, for one day our city will be reborn from these hills and ushered into the realm of Bertoxxulous!'
a xulous scout says 'Our behemoths will return to life through a ritual that is nearly complete and avenge my death!'
a xulous scout says 'We are few, but the blood of our creator runs through these veins. Our mighty race will thrive once again!'
Collect dusty artifacts from the xulous elders 0/8 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: Recover artifacts from xulous elders to learn more about their race.
If You Get This Step: Kill xulous elders until you've collected 8x "Dusty Xulous Artifact".
Loot a spellbook from a Xulous deathcaller 0/1 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: A spellbook might contain a spell strong enough to weaken the wall leading to the xulous camp.
If You Get This Step: Kill deathcallers until you're able to loot a spellbook from one of their corpses.
Loot Excavation Tools from undead excavators 0/1 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: Excavation tools should allow you to chip away at the wall leading into the xulous camp.
If You Get This Step: Kill "an undead excavator" mobs until you've looted tools from a corpse. These mobs hit for a max ~12,000 and are mezzable/stunnable/rootable.
Loot dynamite from zombie excavators 0/1 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: A stick of dynamite should be enough to weaken the wall leading to the xulous camp.
If You Get This Step: Kill "a zombie excavator" mobs until you've looted "Dynamite" from a corpse. These mobs hit for a max ~12,000 and are mezzable/stunnable/rootable.
Use whatever item you found to weaken the wall 0/1 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: Right-click the item you acquired to weaken the wall leading to the xulous camp.
If You Get This Step: Walk over to the wall and right-click the item from the previous step:
The wall leading to the xulous camp begins to crack as you chip away at its exterior.
Speak to Gribble Grobblenobber to return to camp 0/1 (Dead Hills)
Task Window Says: Speak to Gribble Grobblenobber at the start of the path to return to camp.
If You Get This Step: Hail update for task completion.
You say, 'Hail, Gribble Grobblenobber'
Gribble Grobblenobber says 'Interesting discoveries, _____. Let's talk [back] at the camp where it's safe.'
- a varying amount of platinum
- a varying amount of experience
- a varying number of Marks of Valor (currency used to buy group gear)
|Send a Correction|