|Quest Started By:||Description:|
|Find Librarian Hemfar on the first floor of Crescent Reach.
You say, 'Hail, Librarian Hemfar'
Librarian Hemfar says 'Vasha, friend. I am the second-born of Keikolin the Enlightened, the most knowledgeable dragon of the Six. I am to aid in the education of drakkin and all who choose to enlighten their minds. I am a collector of artifacts and one of the founders of the Written Word and the Wanderlust Guild so we may learn from books and life. I have a unique gift that you may partake in if you [aid] in my work. Or you may simply ask me what [lore] I have gathered from artifacts in these lands.
You say, 'Aid your work?'
Librarian Hemfar says 'Yes, indeed. I have been given a sight-gift from Lady Keikolin. In many artifacts I can see within them and through the eyes of those they belonged to. It allows me to create a history that will become part of this library. Should you find any artifacts in the surrounding lands, bring them to me and I shall reward you and be able to add to the [volumes] of our great library.'
You say, 'What volumes?'
Librarian Hemfar says 'There are many creatures present and past that lived in these mountains, including the ogres that once lived in this very city. What exactly happened to them and their kind is somewhat of a mystery, but given time and the right artifacts, we shall learn more. I can reward you if you bring artifacts to me. Then, you may ask what [lore] and legend is available as people bring me artifacts and I can share the history with you when it is scribed.'
This is an ongoing quest to upgrade the charm, Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore. After handing in at least five of the required items, you "get an option that looks like it's the same old exp, but click the option and it shows charm as reward".
As you hand in each of the following items from around the Serpent's Spine, the charm will increase in strength. It is not known which items boost stats, or how many are required for each increase. There does not appear to be any particular requirement for order, either. These are the items known to be involved. There are probably many more.
Items used in this quest read "This artifact might interest someone in Crescent Reach" when the spell Identify is cast upon them.
- Core of the Tyrant (dropped by Magmaraug in the west wing)
Ashengate, Reliquary of the Scale: North
- Ebonheart of Lethar the Back (dropped by Lethar, second version)
- Elddar Moonlocket (dropped by Dyn`Leth, Firstborn of Lethar)
Ashengate, Reliquary of the Scale: West
- Ambersnout's Snout (dropped by Ambersnout the Aberration)
- Ancient Jewelry Box (/open the pile of bones behind the throne on third floor: -1225, -200)
- Broken Nokk Insignia (/open discarded bones: +460, -2920)
- Linguist's Note (a book on a table: second level of the inn, second door on the right, -1605, -1510)
- Silvered Blackfeather Plume (/open feathered fernstem: +2455, -1030)
- Ancient Blighted Bark (/open moss-covered rocks: +610, -1275)
- Murdunk's Rites Beads (/open pile of dusty rocks: +2060, -2060)
- Petrified Leather Boot Sole (/open ancient rocks: +930, +45)
- Preserved Hairy Halfling Foot (/open 'where the red flower grows': -1160, -2410 -- a flower amongst the vines)
- Gate Guardian Core (dropped by Guardian of the Gate)
- Direwind Totem (dropped by Direwind Gust in Severan the Direwind Caller event)
Frostcrypt: Raid Instance #2
- Krithgorian Royal Crest (dropped by Harfange the Black)
- Runed Sash of the Wraithguard (Dropped by Beltron the Shade King)
- Cracked Waterspring Scepter (/open algae-covered stones: +1575, -45)
- Devan's Feathered Arrow (/open age-old stones: -480, +1925)
- Dromrek Worry Stone (quested from Shrynn: +1740, +2890)
- Oread's Willow Whipvine (/open forgotten bones: -1155, +1970)
- Sliver of Goru`kar's Willowstaff (/open waving woodblossom: -1070, +135)
- Sparkling Windwillow Leaf (/open silverspun petals: -600, +30)
- Split Ravenoak Bow (/open storage crate: +1050, -1160)
- Thunderhorn of the Tribe (old Tuffein lockbox: -1510, -1095)
- Cursed Lorekeeper's Quill (dropped by ice griffons)
- Shattered Krithgor Keystone (ground spawn near spell vendors: -2035, -1155)
- Preserved Kithicor Baneleaf (/open rustling banebloom: +575, -775)
- Doomfount's Essence (dropped by Doomfount, an elemental who spawns at the geysers)
- Elven Child's Vinewand (dropped by Slave Driver Azza in front of Vergalid Mines)
- Lock of Veldyn's Hair (dropped by Obsidian)
- Oblivion's Dark Core (dropped by Oblivion, raid encounter in northwest)
- Relicstone Torch (dropped by Sulfurog: +2980, +1010)
- Trinket of the Scale (dropped by Dranadune, a drake who spawns at the geysers)
- Muddy Royal Scroll (dropped by burly hill giants)
- Wulfnor Crown Gem (/open a worn jug: -1645, +800, inside a house with 3 mobs)
Valdeholm: Udengar the Traitor
- Illegible Diary of Lorekeeper Baeldon (dropped by Lorekeeper Baeldon)
- Vergalid Scale (dropped by any undead golem)
After completing all the non-raid areas except Vergalid Scale from Vergalid and Core of the Tyrant from Ashengate, you receive the title "Cartographer."
It is also useful to do the tasks for the Wanderlust Guild simultaneously.
|Send a Correction|
For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
Or join us via our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/zu9tTS7
The items from Sunderock Springs each give enough xp for about 2% of level 60; that's worth a full level if you're level 20-ish. The Gate Guardian Core gives about 1% of level 65, which isn't much more. The Core of the Tyrant gives about 2% of level 70, which is a lot more. Turning in the Core took my level 22 character instantly to level 26.
Edited, Dec 28th 2016 2:08am by Sylphan
Also, the group of ooze and harpies in GoruMaru at 1600, -50 are almost impossible to a level 60 Necromancer. The pixies complete heal, the oozes add and I can only mez 2 at a time, and stacked with hitpoints
+1 to all stats
Direwind Totem added:
+1 to all stats
+2 to all resists (except corruption)
+1 stun resist
Here is the Zam link which should be included: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3680
Edited, Jul 31st 2013 8:23am by Zifinaba
Anyways, I recently did all the pick-up and group drops on a lowbie, everything except AG and Vergalid. I couldn't do the Worrystone subquest as it's lvl 30(+) required. I didn't claim any of the XP rewards after getting the charm (the charm still powers up though), and got the title at 35 when I finally did the Worrystone quest.
TL/DR: You don't have to claim the XP reward to power up charm and get access to title.
Edited, Mar 13th 2012 10:34am by asdflkjsfljeoifjasdf
Bring up your Achievements window (EQ button > Character > Achievements), then click on the "Hero's Journey" button and select Conquest. The Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore is available to track from level 1, and shows each of the items in the quest, and whether you've turned them in or not.
Heirophant of the 100th Season
As a cleric, this was harder, they agroed several time. The Sk was laughing his *** off watching me run around with all the mobs on me. Finally got it to work.
The oozes agro the potmaids, which agro others around them. its a chain agro problem =/
QUIET YOU!!! YOU DONT GET AN OPINION!!!
The next step can be fight, run, fd, gate, or die.
The main goal is get that thingie, no matter which last step you take.
The aura is visible as a cloud. Not sure if this counts as 'spell effects', but it's possible.
I think I remember a few months ago that Sony has removed these restrictions and anyone 75+ with ally faction can request/join the raids.
Is this accurate?
EDIT: Had to double check as I wasn't sure if I was getting it confused witht eh Discord raids.
Edited, Jun 18th 2009 9:15am by Yther
Both Direwind drops - Gate Guardian Core off a Guardian of the Gate and a Direwind Totem of Direwind Gust can be referred to as group drops, not raid.
Direwind Gust does indeed spawn during Severan script, which is a raid encounter but unlike other raid drops for this quest, Severan is in non-instanced, normal zone. Direwind Gust, actually a few of them, spawn during Severan fight. They are not on a timer nor they are linked to Severan's hps. Sometimes they can spawn within 10-20 seconds from engaging Severan, sometimes they dont pop after 2 minutes.
Here's how I got my totem.
Level 75 monk, full defensive AA's (not really important), 21k hps, 2.6k AC fully buffed + level 82 shaman bot + 2 healer mercs (can be done with just one healer). Set camp on the northern wall from Severan. Kill a static gnoll (undead) and a roaming Axxanderan's Animated Remains (sees through UVI) between the camp and Severan. The trick with Severan is that he has small agro radius and stops attacking when pulled away from his circle of totems. So I would leave 1 merc with shammy in camp, take the other merk on /reactive, run to Severan, hit Impenetrable (Weaponshield, Defensive etc) and start meleeing.
There are 2 options from here:
1) Direwind Gusts spawn soon and agro. Since they spawn in numbers of 3+ and can hit up to 2k its important to run to camp right after they pop. Severan will chase at first but some 100 ft later will turn back and return to his spawn. Direwind Gusts must be killed very fast since they despawn short after Severan loses agro. I didnt time it but its about 1 min or so.
2) Direwind Gusts do not spawn, Defensive is off, merc is going OOM/cant keep up with Severan's DPS. Simply run away from Severan, if lucky - the merc will follow and live since Severan doesnt summon. Med/rebuff and you have another 1-2 attemps before the 2 trash mobs repop.
Since Severan is close to Guardians of the Gate and they require some serious healing power, both drops can be done by a group back to back.
A decently geared 80+ melee/healer duo can get Direwind Totem too I suppose, will be just a bit more risky and will require more leg work :)
Also during few clears of the 2 trash mobs, The Ashengate Ambassador spawned at gnoll's spot and dropped a quest piece for the Shield of the Otherworld quest. Nice little bonus.
Fistus Wu, <Iceni>
Time - Name of items / Action
0:00 - Gated to Crescent Reach
2:11 - Linguist's Note
4:00 - Ancient Jewelry Box
6:27 - Broken Nokk Insignia
8:08 - Zoned into Blightfire Moors
12:48 - Ancient Blighted Bark
14:45 - Preserved Hairy Halfling Foot
16:54 - Murdunk's Rites Beads
20:07 - Petrified Leather Boot Sole
21:12 - Zoned into Goru'kar Mesa
22:14 - Sliver of Goru`kar's Willowstaff
23:28 - Thunderhorn of the Tribe
26:19 - Looted a Drakkin Youngling Sword from a Dromrek Shaman
28:15 - Devan's Feathered Arrow
32:16 - Split Ravenoak Bow
33:55 - Cracked Waterspring Scepter
39:00 - Sparkling Windwillow Leaf
41:40 - Oread's Willow Whipvine
44:01 - Finished quest for Dromrek Worry Stone
45:03 - Zoned into Blackfeather Roost
46:14 - Silvered Blackfeather Plume
48:00 - Zoned into Goru'Kar Mesa
50:07 - Zoned into The Steppes
54:38 - Wulfnor Crown Gem
1:25:50 - Muddy Royal Scroll (dang giants didn't want to drop it lol)
1:28:00 - Zoned into Icefall Glacier
1:29:40 - Shattered Krithgor Keystone
1:31:20 - Zoned into The Steppes
1:32:55 - Zoned into Goru'Kar Mesa
1:34:33 - Zoned into Blightfire Moors
1:36:36 - Zoned into Stonehive
1:39:16 - Preserved Kithicor Baneleaf
1:40:00 - Ported back to Crescent Reach
1:41:45 - Reached the turnin guy
So there you have it....every soloable drop (that could be debated of course) done by an 80 monk in under 2 hours. If anybody thinks they can do better, go right ahead :)
Item is called "watchtower remains", loc 1868, 2919, 322 in the Old Tower far North West corner of zone. On second floor of tower where Captain Bloodmoon is, there is a pile of bones and a head, open it and you get "watchtower remains."
Am I unlucky or is this one really rare?
Imperator of <Phoenix Ascending>, Erollisi Marr
I had two augments to test in it:
Slipgears gem (Doing just coranthus creep mission)
Rest all 1.
And Wanderlust Guild Loadstone after Blightfire Moors and Cresent Reach:
resists 3 and other stats 4.
So the Loadstone it is!
Terris-Thule -> Prexus -> now The Rathe Server
The more extensive a man's knowledge of what has been done, the greater will be his power of knowing what to do.
Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)
I got the quest experience both items, and this dialog:
Librarian Hemfar says 'Well done, _____! This is certainly something I've never seen. How exciting! Your keen eye will put another book on the shelf of our library!'
Librarian Hemfar holds the item tightly as his eyelids begin to flutter and close. He runs a hand over the artifact and then slowly opens his eyes. 'This has quite a story to tell. I shall scribe it.'
You have successfully been granted your reward for:
No idea if I'll get the charm or not, but it looks like I will.
Edited, Apr 15th 2008 12:57pm by nalanix
Free account required to postYou must log in or create an account to post messages.