|Quest Started By:||Description:|
|This quest begins with Sulgar at location is 3030, -2395, -58, in Everfrost (just into the main area of Everfrost and to the north boundary).
You say, 'Hail, Sulgar'
Sulgar says 'Hail, traveler! Would you happen to [know] the location of any of the spokes of Tarton's Wheel?'
You say, 'What is Tarton's Wheel?'
Sulgar says 'Tarton's Wheel was a device that Tarton constructed to let him travel through the planes. If you are [interested] in helping me reassemble it, I will [reward] you well.'
You say, 'What reward?'
Sulgar says 'If you bring me the [Staff of the Wheel] and the [Star of Eyes], I will reward you with a rune of frost and a rune of the astral - for personal use, of course..'
You say, 'What is the Staff of the Wheel?'
Sulgar says 'The Staff of the Wheel and the Star of Eyes are made by combining the ten spokes of Tarton's Wheel in a [wheel case].'
You say, 'What wheel case?'
Sulgar says 'I will lend you this wheel case - put the ten spokes of the wheel in it when you have collected them. I did say lend, however. I shall need the case back. Once you have constructed the Staff of the Wheel and the Star of Eyes, I will trade you them for a rune of frost and a rune of the astral.'
You receive "A glowing chest" (identifies as "Tartons Wheel Case"), a 10-slot TEMPORARY container, and a Tome of the Wheel, which reads:
There are 10 pieces that you need scattered across the face of Norrath, each called "A Rod."
The locations are as follows:
(1) [azia] On the ocean floor in Eruds Crossing past the zombie boat where the zombie sailors hang out. (location - neg 1162, pos 2340);
Here are some video guides on the original zones. These videos are not for the revamped zones.
(2) [beza] In the underwater cave in the Everfrost plains. It is in the "house" all the way back and right in the cave, where 3 dry bones guard it in the center of the room;
(3) [caza] Lake Rathetear. Underneath the first island you see is an underwater tunnel leading to a stone tower. It's on the top floor of the tower. (You need enduring breath for this one);
(4) [Dena] Dagnor's Cauldron, right outside the entrance to Kedge Keep, at -890, -740. If you face with your back to Kedge, it is directly diagagonally left, in a corner - or you can swim straight out and down from Unrest;
(5) [Ena] Lower Guk in the Reanimated hand room. This one is the only one you need a group for, unless you're brave and kamakaze it. Warning, the floor is the same color as the rod in this room and it makes it very hard to find with the hand and the dar beating on you;
(6) [Fana] Southern Desert of Ro, northern section, in the underwater tower in the lake, at +3695, -1740, -35;
(7) [Geza] Highhold Pass, on the patio at The Tiger's Roar, at -175, 449
(8) [Heda] Qeynos Aqueducts, in the shark pit;
(9) [Izah] Neriak in the water in front of the bar called "the blind fish". The bar has 4 glass windows that are underwater, and the rod spawns right in front of those windows;
(10) [Jaka] Unrest in the water outside the right side of the house near where the the gnome spelunker is. Instead of going into the tunnel that leads to him, you go a little right of that entrance and there's a very short passage where you can find the rod.
You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Staff of the Wheel.
You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Star of Eyes.
Turn these in for your reward. (NOTE: With the recent revamp of the spell research system, the Rune rewards have each been replaced with "Shattered Rune". We need confirmation (8ish years after the spell research revamp) that this quest is still messed up)
|Submitted by: Shaidar|
|Send a Correction|