|Quest Started By:||Description:|
|This is a ring event that is triggered by turning in one of the following three items (which item you use affects the time intervals between mob spawns): |
- Small Bottle of Blargrot (3 minutes between mob waves)
- Jug of Blargrot (2.5 minutes between mob waves)
- Huge Keg of Blargrot (2 minutes between mob waves)
These items can be bought (~40pp, ~90pp and ~130pp) from Trader Snugrut at /loc -190, -640 (in the first hut on the right when you enter the caves [not the outpost]).
The Callers, Groo (450, -585), Murkin (500, -480), and Torgal (495, 450) are in the next Tarmok Village, near a big cave opening leading down to an open area with three ramped caves going to the east, the north and the south off it. The caves go in a bit and slope down before they end.
Turn in one of the Blargrot items to trigger the event.
You say, 'Hail, Caller Groo'
Caller Groo says 'Ho ho! You come to hunt beasties? I bet so, many o' you kinda people come to hunt beasties. I call beasties fer ya, yub yub. Werk hard, work cheap too yub. You wanna hunt beasties, you bring blargrot here yub! More blargrot, me work harder yub.'
You say, 'What blargrot?'
Caller Groo grins and rubs his belly, 'Blargrot! Loves it, yub! You bring blargrot and me call beasties outta tha cave for ya, yub. Bring me a lil' jug, I call a few beasties. Bring a big ol' hruge jug, me call more beasties than ya ever see, yub!'
Caller Groo says 'Aieee! Beastie huntin' fer us! Le's go! You give me back da contrac when you had nuff beasties, yub. Me quit then, an' call no more beasties. I wait a minute so you make ready. Then ya follow me, and I take ya to da cave where we find beasties...'
When you do a turn-in you receive a contract and are told to gather up a group of hunters. One minute later, the Caller heads down the big tunnel towards the smaller ones. If you inspect the contract, it tells you which tunnel he is going to.
The Caller paths down to the tunnel listed, goes inside, and after a pause (two minutes after initial turn-in), emotes a call which summons three fungus mobs:
Caller Groo goes to south tunnel.
Caller Murkin goes to north tunnel.
Caller Torgal goes to east tunnel.
Caller Groo moans and waves his arms, then shouts 'Graka! Mootogo Ta Naga!'
Mobs spawn either just outside the tunnel in the open area, or down at the back of the tunnel, or at both locations. After spawning, they path towards the Caller.
You'll get five waves in a row (intervals depend on which item was used to triggered the event). After the fifth wave, you get a five-minute break (timer starts immediately after the fifth wave spawn):
Caller Groo wipes the sweat from his brow, 'aaaagh, tired tired. Hard werk. Take da sit uh huh. Me call more soon as me rest up.
The types of mobs that are spawned (rootable/mezzable):
- Fungusfiends (small sized; hits for a max ~100; high attack rate; low hitpoints)
- Fungusbeasts (large sized; hits hard and fast; has more hitpoints)
- Fungus Priest (shaman mob; casts dispells and heals)
- Fungus Healer (cleric mob; casts heals including Complete Heal)
- Named Mobs (rare spawn; tougher mobs; tend to be casters; lots of hitpoints)
All mobs proc a lure-based snare that can be resisted, but usually isn't. Disease resists may help with resists. Note for mezzers: These mobs are reportedly sensitive to mez casts, meaning mezzes will generate more aggro than normal. It is advisable to have someone timing the waves.
You can stop the event at any 'down time' (while no mobs are aggro) by turning in the contract to the Caller:
Caller Groo grunts and says, 'Oook! Tanks fer da werk, I see ya later!' before vanishing into the tunnel.
You get a small reward (platinum or vendor fodder item) and some group experience.
The event will abruptly end if the Caller dies (note: the Caller remains permanently rooted throughout the event). If this happens and fungus mobs are left idle, they despawn after five minutes time. Mobs can also be trained away to the other Tarmok mobs, who will kill them (be mindful of their snare proc if you become desperate enough to do this).
Items that can drop during the event:
- Cloak of Tiny Shadows - clicky invis range slot item for BRD ROG - lvl 55+ to use
- Tarmok Focus Staff: 12/28 caster/priest 1HB 8wis 8int 25mana 8DR 8PR 5% Channeling
- Swollen Fungus Beast Gland - 10 chg clicky snare item - all/all
- Pod of Blue Fungus - LORE TEMPORARY ammo slot item - 90 pt instant heal - 1 chg
- Pod of Red Fungus - TEMPORARY ammo slot item - 250 pt instant mana - 1 chg
- Fungus Beast Eye - sells for 9 plat with good charisma
- Fungus Beast Brain - sells for 23 plat with good charisma
- Fungus Beast Scales - junk, doesn't stack, less than 1pp
Side Note: If you give a Caller multiple containers of Blargrot, you will get multiple contracts but only one Caller will path down.
|Send a Correction|