Bartle Barnick [ Baking Supplies ]  

Merchant
Screenshot

Uploaded September 24th, 2007 by DyllwinDW

  • This mob spawns at -140, -358.
  • Findable (via Ctrl-F): Yes

You say, 'Hail, Bartle Barnick'

Bartle Barnick says, 'Good day, _____! Are you are a new Druid of the Storm Reapers? If so, I promised Hibbs that I would assist in getting you outfitted for ventures beyond Rivervale. But first, you must bring me a note from Reebo as proof that he sent you. There are many dangers outside of the shire, so leather clothing and a weapon often become necessities for a traveling druid.'

Categories: EverQuest | Templatized
This page last modified 2022-06-12 08:38:10.

Level: 50
Expansion: Shadows of Luclin
Post Comment
Newbie armor
# May 16 2021 at 10:09 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
I believe The Newbie armor is labelled "Luclin Newbie armor". But they actually first went in very late in Luclin, so it would make sense if they are tied to PoP on TLP's, just as they pretty much tied LoY to PoP.
I have tried the Moss Toe quest on Rizlona, and the Leggings and Tunic is totally broken, cause someone felt the need to "fix" the loot table of spiders and these quest pieces after 20 years, that pretty much was barfed up since they came out, dropping on just about all high lvl spiders, and Greater Wood spider pieces were dropping off the Large Wood Spiders in Toxx too original /used in a couple Erudite pieces too but the spiders in Tox are only normal Wood Spiders. Like you see here these pieces used to drop on a large ammount of different spiders, even low lvl spiderlings around the world. But since they "fixed" the loot tables on TLP's the 2 items needed for leggings and Tunic ar not dropping at all. Neither in Tox on Wood Spiders or in Misty on Gr. Wood. The Greater Wood Spiders in Misty only Drops Hair and Patella, and there are 3 spawns in the whole western area that has Giant Spider and Large Wood Spiders as PH. Effectively if you keep killing every spiders, Scarabs, Fire beetles between the wall and the western edge you get an avg of 2 Giant Wood Spider spawns per hour, and can't count how many Hairs and Partellas I have destroyed and not one single Femur or Thorax. This quest was always a pita, but I really think they barfed the loot table up when they removed some of the random drops all over the world from even lvl 50'ish spiders. The Thorax used to be dropping a lot on lvl 30'ish ~ 50'ish spiders on live servers. Send in a bug report, but phat chance anyone is gonna bother looking the spawn table up and fix it

Edited, May 17th 2021 5:34am by DaliLB
Newbie armor
# May 22 2021 at 12:19 PM Rating: Excellent
DaliLB wrote:
I believe The Newbie armor is labelled "Luclin Newbie armor". But they actually first went in very late in Luclin, so it would make sense if they are tied to PoP on TLP's, just as they pretty much tied LoY to PoP.
I have tried the Moss Toe quest on Rizlona, and the Leggings and Tunic is totally broken, cause someone felt the need to "fix" the loot table of spiders and these quest pieces after 20 years, that pretty much was barfed up since they came out, dropping on just about all high lvl spiders, and Greater Wood spider pieces were dropping off the Large Wood Spiders in Toxx too original /used in a couple Erudite pieces too but the spiders in Tox are only normal Wood Spiders. Like you see here these pieces used to drop on a large ammount of different spiders, even low lvl spiderlings around the world. But since they "fixed" the loot tables on TLP's the 2 items needed for leggings and Tunic ar not dropping at all. Neither in Tox on Wood Spiders or in Misty on Gr. Wood. The Greater Wood Spiders in Misty only Drops Hair and Patella, and there are 3 spawns in the whole western area that has Giant Spider and Large Wood Spiders as PH. Effectively if you keep killing every spiders, Scarabs, Fire beetles between the wall and the western edge you get an avg of 2 Giant Wood Spider spawns per hour, and can't count how many Hairs and Partellas I have destroyed and not one single Femur or Thorax. This quest was always a pita, but I really think they barfed the loot table up when they removed some of the random drops all over the world from even lvl 50'ish spiders. The Thorax used to be dropping a lot on lvl 30'ish ~ 50'ish spiders on live servers. Send in a bug report, but phat chance anyone is gonna bother looking the spawn table up and fix it

Edited, May 17th 2021 5:34am by DaliLB


Most of the newbie armor is actually tied to LoY on progression servers. I've corrected the Toe Moss quests, quest items, quest rewards and recipies for this quest line to LoY.
____________________________
Allakhazam Developer and Admin

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono

Or join us via our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/zu9tTS7
Bartle Barnick MIA
# May 25 2019 at 9:37 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Okay. I have started a character on the "Mangler" server and Bartle Barnick is not to be found in Rivervale. I have tried the Find command and he just isn't there. Anyone else have this problem?

-= Therendil =-
Bartle Barnick MIA
# May 28 2020 at 3:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
35 posts
He's not Aradune either as far as I can see.

Yet Hibbs Rootenpaw giving out note as part of your initial interaction.

Looks like first comments about Moss Toe armor begin in 2002. But these armor pieces are labeled 'Original'.
____________________________
Mimir
Bartle Barnick MIA
# Jun 02 2020 at 8:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Mimir wrote:
He's not Aradune either as far as I can see.

Yet Hibbs Rootenpaw giving out note as part of your initial interaction.

Looks like first comments about Moss Toe armor begin in 2002. But these armor pieces are labeled 'Original'.


Looks like he gives out the quests for the Luclin newbie armor so I've set his expansion to Luclin.

Edited, Jun 2nd 2020 8:41pm by Gidono
____________________________
Allakhazam Developer and Admin

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono

Or join us via our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/zu9tTS7
Bartle Barnick MIA
# May 25 2019 at 8:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Therendil wrote:
Okay. I have started a character on the "Mangler" server and Bartle Barnick is not to be found in Rivervale. I have tried the Find command and he just isn't there. Anyone else have this problem?

-= Therendil =-


It looks like he is a quest giver for newbie armor and I believe this newbie armor is tied to Planes of Power for progression servers. I'll need to research to confirm.
____________________________
Allakhazam Developer and Admin

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono

Or join us via our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/zu9tTS7
Updated Complete List of Items on Merchant
# Jan 05 2011 at 5:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
***
2,455 posts
Includes 2 new items:

[Wed Jan 05 15:02:53 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 5 copper per Bottle of Milk.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:54 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 copper per Cup of Flour.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:55 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 9 copper per Frosting.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:55 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 7 copper per Garnish.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:56 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 copper for the Ice Cream is Good - Part 1.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:57 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 copper for the Ice Cream is Good - Part 2.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:57 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 silver per Jug of Sauces.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:58 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 silver 9 copper per Loaf of Bread.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:58 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 26 platinum 2 gold 4 silver 9 copper for the Meals Lost in Time.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:59 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 silver for the Mixing Bowl.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:02:59 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 7 copper per Muffin.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:03:00 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 copper per Pumpkin Cider Spice.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:03:01 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 copper per Pumpkin Pie Spice.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:03:01 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 platinum 1 gold 7 silver per Simple Sausage Casing.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:03:02 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 7 copper per Spices.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:03:03 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 2 gold 9 copper for the Spit.'
[Wed Jan 05 15:03:04 2011] Bartle Barnick tells you, 'That'll be 1 silver per Vinegar.'
Did Bartle Barnick quit playing EQ? =p
# Oct 06 2006 at 10:03 PM Rating: Decent
15 posts
i am on "The Sleeper" and have searched Rivervale inside and out and cannot find Bartle Barnick. Would anyone know a reason for this? does he not show up til a later expansion is accessable? did they do away with the the Moss Toe newbie quests? any info would help, because right now it is kind of frustrating =p
Did Bartle Barnick quit playing EQ? =p
# Nov 06 2006 at 6:23 PM Rating: Default
I cant speak for the sleeper server but I am on Povar/Mordon Rasp and just found him. Just go into rivervale and use the find tool and he is a baking merchant n140 n353
Post Comment

Free account required to post

You must log in or create an account to post messages.