Rain of Fear Information & Guides:
An Overview | Group Progression & Task List | Raid Progression | Visible Armor | Rain of Fear Lore
Raid progression and flagging looks like this:
- Tier 1a: Shard's Landing + Kael Drakkel + Crystal Caverns
- Tier 1b: Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening
- Flag for this raid includes Kael Drakkel + Crystal Caverns, but not Shard's Landing
- Tier 2a: Breeding Grounds + Grelleth's Palace + Evantil + Chapterhouse
- Flag for these raids includes all four Tier 1 raids
- Note: The "Velishan's Revenge" raid in the Breeding Grounds is an extra raid and does not factor into progression, but does require completion of Tier 1.
- Tier 2b: Valley of King Xorbb
- Flag for the Valley of King Xorbb raids includes all four Tier 2 raids
- Tier 3: Chelsith Reborn
- Flag for the Chelsith Reborn raid includes all three Valley of King Xorbb raids
- Tier 3a: Plane of Shadow
- Flag for this raid includes all three Valley of King Xorbb raids and the Chelsith Reborn raid
Anyone lacking in flags can be "85'd" into the event zone, where at least 85% of your force has the flag.
To request raids:
- You must have completed all pre-requisite raids.
- You must have completed the zone's partian achievement (storyline task arc) and the zone's first mission.
NOTE: Pre-requisite tasks and missions for specific events can be found in the task listing section of our progression guide. (They are the bolded tasks listed under each zone.)
- In addition to the above raids, there is also a revamped raid of North Temple of Veeshan, the "Corrupted Temple of Veeshan". This zone is equivalent to Rain of Fear Tier 1 (except for Vulak`Aerr, who is Tier 2), but separate from expansion progression. It contains 13 encounters.
Every raid event, of course, spawns a chest at its end with loot. Sometimes, the RNG (random number generator) will be very unkind to you and cause long streaks in which you don't see a particular item you've been waiting for.
With Veil of Alaris, you don't necessarily have to rely on the RNG.
- Each time a player participates in and completes a Tier 1 raid, they receive a 10x Velium Shards (awarded to EVERY player present for the completion).
- Each time a player participates in and completes a Tier 2 raid, they receive a 10x Crystallized Fear (awarded to EVERY player present for the completion).
- Each time a player participates in and completes a Tier 3 raid, they receive a 10x Shadowstone (awarded to EVERY player present for the completion).
These currencies are used to buy raid gear (both visible and non-visible) from adventure merchants in the Shard's Landing crater:
- Tier 1: Armorer Jean Wenlaris (in a tent at about 410, 90, 0 -- southwestern part of the crater)
- Tier 2: Ilana Sunmire (in a tent at about 410, 90, 0 -- southwestern part of the crater)
- Tier 3: Serroth Dantor (behind Harbinger Glask's tent at about 200, 115, 3 -- southwestern part of the crater)
A tier's visible armor can be purchased as soon as you have enough currency to do so (the items are available without any pre-requisites). In addition, as soon as you complete an event, all items from that event become available to you for purchase.
NOTE: The list here will fill in over time as entries are made into the Allakhazam database. See the quest entries for event details and loot information, the zone entries for the zone overview, and the bestiary entries for individual raid mob listings.
- Corrupted Temple of Veeshan
- Shard's Landing: High Priest Syltetzalvek
- Kael Drakkel: The Madness of King Tormax
- Crystal Caverns: Danela's Stand
- Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening: Zeixshi-Kar's Shard
- Breeding Grounds: Velishan's Revenge
- Breeding Grounds: A Feast for Zalikor
- Evantil, the Vile Oak: Heart of the Oak
- Grelleth's Palace: Grelleth, Her Majesty the Queen
- Chapterhouse of the Fallen: A Matter of Life and Death
This page last modified 2013-05-01 01:22:00.