EverQuest: Gates of Discord (also known as GoD) is the seventh expansion pack for EverQuest, released in February 2004. Possibly one of the most controversial expansions, and often listed as a turning point in EQ history, for better or worse.
Lead-up to the Gates of Discord release included the appearance of a new zone in November 2003: Nedaria's Landing
The expansion was officially announced on December 17, 2003, and went live on February 10, 2004 (patch notes can be found here - scroll down to February).
Officially announced features:
- 100 new Alternate Advancement Abilities offer a different method of character progression with new and unique skills to master
- Gain leadership experience and unlock many group and raid-enhancing tools (Leadership AAs)
- 20 new zones, ten new instanced zones and ten new traditional zones including a huge ship city zone, complete with merchants, tradesman, and quest-givers, where you can gather your party and launch expeditions. The new combat zones are for characters level 50 and above
- New Berserkers class empowers you to ravage your enemies with two-handed axes or by hurling large objects
- Discover the newly found continent of Taelosia, which holds the secrets of Norrath's future
- 20 all new NPC models make for hundreds of challenging encounters unlike anything seen before in EverQuest
- New Tribute System enhances gameplay by allowing players to choose beneficial attributes, skills, or effects through offerings at their home cities
- Dozens of new and exciting story-driven quests for the hardy adventurer
- New tradeskill recipes to produce hundreds of new items
- Unearth arcane spells, mighty weapons and other hidden treasures!
- In-game casino added to Shadow Haven
- Updated tradeskill interface, allowing players to store a recipe list inside their containers, and combine items without the need for them to be inside the container
Progression through Gates of Discord begins with the Sewers of Nihilia and ends with Tacvi.
- Spells are acquired through the quest Taelosian Geomancy Stones. There's a total of 3 stones, each stone returns a different type of spell:
- Tier 4 & 5 (Qvic, Inktu'Ta, Txevu, Tacvi):
- Breakdown in Communication:
This page last modified 2014-12-16 21:18:23.