Progression Server Information & Guides:
Sub Menu of Servers:
Secrets of Faydwer Guide
A guide to the new features, zones, gear, spells and lore of the Secrets of Faydwer expansion.
- Secrets of Faydwer was announced on July 11, 2007, and was launched on November 13, 2007.
- The initial announcement may be found here and the expansion-release patch message may be found here.
Secrets of Faydwer Explorer
* Dragonscale Hills Traveler (10 Points)
* Tinmizer's Wunderwerks Traveler (10 Points)
* Deepscar's Den Traveler (10 Points)
* The Mechamatic Guardian Traveler (10 Points)
* Loping Plains Traveler (10 Points)
* Bloodmoon Keep Traveler (10 Points)
* Hills of Shade Traveler (10 Points)
* Crypt of Shade Traveler (10 Points)
* Fortress Mechanotus Traveler (10 Points)
* Gyrospire Beza Traveler (10 Points)
* Gyrospire Zeka Traveler (10 Points)
* S.H.I.P. Workshop Traveler (10 Points)
* The Steam Factory Traveler (10 Points)
* Meladrath's Majestic Mansion Traveler (10 Points)
* Crystallos Traveler (10 Points)
Eron's Jewelry (10 Points)
- Meldrath the Malignant, the evil gnomish necromancer, has begun gathering his armies in the Steamfont Mountains, preparing to invade Ak'anon.
- Meldrath has launched Mechanotus, a floating fortress. In the process, he tore the very fabric of the continent of Faydwer, and revealing previously unexplored ancient lands.
- Additional information on the lore behind SOF can be found in an eleven part "Unfolding the Lore" series on the EQLive website:
- Heroic Statistics will be found on many SOF-dropped items, both at the raid and group level, and will modify things such as avoidance and mitigation, give extra melee damage, add extra modifiers to HP, Mana, and Endurance, and so forth.
- The level cap increases from 75 to 80.
- Fifteen new zones have launched.
- New alternate advancement abilities have been put in place, approximately 240-250 AA worth for each class.
- There are four new tiers of groupable gear, along with four new tiers of raid gear. Tier 4 group gear has approximately 550 HP and is infusible, tier 4 raid gear has approximately 850 HP and is infusible.
- Each tier of gear, in addition to having full sets of visible armor, will include a full range of weapon types.
- Group and Raid Armor progression is listed this Armor Guide
- As we get more info, further details on both group and raid gear will be found on their respective tier pages, linked below.
- Also refer:SOFG Tier Four
- Spells will be structured in a three rank system in SOF, similar to the one found in TSS and TBS.
- Rk. I spells and tomes are bought from vendors:
- Level 76 from Ellymil Cogswin in the Dragonscale Hills at approximate location +900, -535.
- Level 77 from Kedem Teague in the Loping Plains at approximate location -2320, -520.
- Level 78 from Inizen Nogglezop in Fortress Mechanotus at approximate location +890, -1455, +405.
- Level 79 from Naene Ebonlocke in the Hills of Shade at approximate location -65, +1475, 0.
- Level 80 from Seyan Ebonlocke in the Hills of Shade at approximate location +980, -580.
- Rk. II spells and tomes are dropped by level-appropriate mobs or bought off of vendors requiring faction. The faction spells are detailed on the individual class pages, found through Classes.
- Rk. III spells and tomes result from turnins of runes from raid events or are purchased off of elite vendors after unlocking via a combination of faction and group and/or raid missions.
Also on progression servers when Secrets of Faydwer unlocks, Depths of Darkhollow spells will become available on Plane of Knowledge library vendors.
Lore Group Circum and Augmentation
- There are 28 raid events in SOF, structured in to four tiers. Here are some of the raid events.
- There are fifteen new zones with SOF, twelve primarily group zones and three primarily raid zones.
- Group content in SOF is separated in to four tiers:
- Tier one consists of Dragonscale Hills and the Loping Plains. More info on T1, including details on loot and what to expect from the zones in general can be found here.
- Tier two consists of seven zones; Bloodmoon Keep, The Mechamatic Guardian(Instance), The Hills of Shade,The Crypt of Shade(Instance), The Fortress Mechanotus, and the Gyrospires Beza and Zeka. More info on T2, including details on loot and what to expect from the zones in general can be found here.
- Tier three consists of three zones; the S.H.I.P. Workshop, The Steam Factory, and Meldrath's Majestic Mansion. More info on T3, including details on loot and what to expect from the zones in general can be found here.
- Tier four consists of a single zone, Crystallos, the Lair of the Awakened. Information on T4 loot and the group version of Crystallos itself, may be found here.
This page last modified 2018-10-01 19:26:38.