Here is tomorrow morning's patch notes.
Click on Read More to see the files patched.
*** Highlights ***
- Fixed several problems with Ring of Scale items. See the Items section below for details.
- Many UI features are no longer expansion restricted on Progression Servers including but not limited to: clicking items from bags, bandolier, blocking spells, and the quest journal.
*** Items ***
- Items that can be converted will now always show the conversion preview link when inspected. Previously this link could only be seen if the item was in your inventory.
- Containers that can be converted must now be empty of all items before they will process the conversion.
- Lore is now enforced in the item recovery system. The recover tab in the merchant window will no longer allow for the storage of multiple items in the same lore group. Destroying an item while another in the same lore group exists in the recover tab will not add the most recently destroyed item to the recover tab.
- Fixed the spell types on Crasher to allow the Remote Healing Blessing V proc to function.
- Skull of Null is now All/All and a charm slot item. Fixed the shielding effect. Changed the click spell to Annul Magic.
- The Mask of Monstrosity from the Plane of Mischief now casts Illusion: Ogre instead of Chill Sight.
- The Hoarded Worker Sledgemallet can be equipped in the primary slot instead of the charm slot.
- Added a Spell Research Table for placement in your house. It can be purchased from Varlad Rahnta in the Neighborhood.
- Lowered the damage on Strike of the Blood Orchid to one-hand weapon appropriate.
- Boon of the Soother now triggers on heals instead of damage spells.
- Scale Touched Dragonbrood Cowl now has Faerune.
- Chalandria's fang now mentions its intended level cap of 100.
- Overlord and Archon Phlogiston armor now have 75 purity.
- Ring of Scale unique edible foragables have had the tradeskill flag removed.
- Ring of Scale chase items now have Augmentation slots.
- For Ring of Scale items, added bash damage to shoulders, backstab damage to cloaks, kick damage to neck items, and frenzy damage to select face items.
- Phlogiston two-handed weapons with negative poison resist now have a save of 127.
- Scale Touched Dragonbrood Armwraps now have Cleave VII - 38.
- Fixed an issue with the stats granted by the Ring of Scale power sources, which were lower than intended.
- Sebilisian Dragonhunter Cowl and Sebilisian Dragonhunter Armwraps now have the correct icons.
- Coercer's Conflagrant Wristguard now has the group poison/chromatic focus.
- Coercer's Phlogiston Wristguard, Archon's Phlogiston Bracer, Dread Suzerain's Phlogiston Bracer, and Feral Lord's Phlogiston Wristguard now have the raid poison/chromatic focus.
- Trader's Satchel and its colored variants are now heirloom.
- The following keys will now be added to the key ring when used: Wind Etched Key, Gem-Etched Key, Symbol of Torden, and Crystalline Globe.
- The Brain in a Jar, Painting: Tink N Babble, Statue: Iksar Head, Emperor Ganak Throne, Statue: Iksar Bust, and Froglok Head in a Jar will now be flush with the ground when placed in housing in Cursor Mode.
- Typos in the following items were fixed: Dull Broadsword of Decay, Rust Venom, Tevik's Vision, Forgeborn Shield, Tome of Tash, Spell: Illusion: White Bunny, and the spelling of Hoshkar in focus effects.
- Claiming an item without having the appropriate available inventory space should no longer result in losing both the item and the claim. Instead, either the item will be placed on your cursor or the claim will be restored.
- Race Change Scrolls will no longer remove spells in your spellbook unless you do not qualify to know them due to deity restrictions.
*** Tradeskills ***
- Salvage can now return all items that were used in the recipe regardless of how many items the recipe returns on failure. For example: failing to create a Conflagrant Fish Scale Sheet can now return between two and ten Conflagrant Fish Scale Swatches instead of just two.
- Changed the name of Conflagrant and Phlogiston Katar to Conflagrant and Phlogiston Claws. Renamed the appropriate recipes. Added the proper offhand look and modified the book Weapon and Shields of Combination to mention claws instead of a katar.
*** Quests And Events ***
- If you leave a shared task, you are no longer able to join a different instance of that task until the task you left ends.
- Drusella's Vault (Raid) - It is no longer possible to trigger the raid by standing in the starting area near the room where the raid takes place.
- Balance of Power (Raid) - It should now be possible to receive the Foul Breath achievement.
- Balance of Power (Raid) - The death of the real High Arcron Ioulin will no longer despawn all adds in the raid.
- Balance of Power - (Raid and Mission) - The portals can no longer be opened like chests.
- End of Empire (Raid and Mission) - Fixed an issue where the Kar`Zok soldiers would sometimes not drop a Defender's Shield. The Combine allies in this fight will no longer be selected when using cycle-target.
- Fell Foliage (Mission) - Removed the mechanic where Caktiikii teleports people into the ravine. Slowed the spawn rate of the adds and increased the number required for the boss to lock his HP by one.
- Fell Foliage (Mission) - Reduced the number of the same cactus adds needed to create the atrocious cactus from 5 to 3. Also fixed a bug that caused one too many to be needed to spawn the atrocious cactus.
- Removed zone restrictions from all of the collect steps of Crestra's earring quests.
- Hoshkar - Cloud of Frailty and Massive Cloud of Frailty now debuff casting speed instead of buffing it. In addition, the slow debuff component now stacks with haste effects.
- Corrected the achievement references in the holiday events.
- Find Fibblebrap - Corathus - Bellfast will now offer his missions properly and will give you all of the information that he was originally intended to give.
- Dreadspire Keep - The statue in Dreadspire Keep that can be used to enter the Demi-Plane of Blood will now work properly in pick zones.
- Flight of the Seeker - It is no longer possible to accidentally kill The Seeker and fail the mission.
- The Master of Dreadspire - Hailing The Master of Dreadspire will reveal which answers you gave to Arturos, Irrissa the Seer, Ur-Koraag, and Ariahn Teller.
- The Master of Dreadspire - The Master of Dreadspire will now remember the top several players of his hatelist and resume attacking them after the Burst of Dawn effect from the Glimmering Dawnstone wears off.
- Porthio, the Second Born - The shared aggro between Porthio and Nightshade should work more reliably.
- Emperor Ssraeshza - Emperor is now tethered to his room.
- Most Vex Thal bosses now tether to their rooms.
- Legacy Heroic Adventures have received several tuning and functionality changes:
- - Heroic Adventure NPCs have lower stats at level 106+, compared to their January 2018 stats.
- - Spells cast by NPCs in Heroic Adventures scale in approximately the same way that the NPCs' stats scale. For levels 101+ this was generally an increase.
- - Heroic Adventures stop scaling at the maximum level in the era they were introduced. For example, 15th anniversary and Call of the Forsaken errands released when the maximum level was 100, so even if there is a level 101+ player in the zone, the highest these adventures will scale is as if the max level player in the zone were level 100.
- - Heroic Adventures experience and point reward scaling have been adjusted to better reflect their difficulty.
- - Heroic Adventures daily quest experience and point reward scaling have been adjusted to better reflect their difficulty.
*** Spells ***
- Fixed a bug where some characters were unable to learn any new combat abilities.
- Corrected an issue where some spells erroneously displayed 'begins to sing a song.<>'
- Berserker - Corrected the descriptions for the amount of hatred reduction on Jarring Jolt and Axe of Rekatok Jolt Effect.
- Cleric - Increased the AC granted by Armor of the Merciful slightly.
- Druid - Increased the AC granted by Arcronite Skin and Arcronite Blessing and adjusted stacking blockers so that they are no longer overwritten by Assurance.
- Druid - Increased the mana regeneration rate of Arcronite Skin to match Arcronite Blessing.
- Druid - Greatly reduced the damage of combined DoTs above level 70. The Flame Lick and Gelid Moonbeam lines have been further reduced in damage to reflect that they were not stackable before stacking groups were created.
- Shaman - Greatly reduced the damage of combined DoTs above level 70.
*** AA ***
- Cleric - Fixed the description for rank 18 of Divine Retribution.
- Magician - Fixed a bug that caused Second Wind Ward to trigger Second Wind on the magician rather than their pet when their pet reached low health. Modified Second Wind to better coexist with other AC buffs.
- Paladin - Fixed a bug where ranks 35-37 of Lay on Hands would not reset on death like previous ranks.
- Rogue - Fixed the duration of ranks 22-23 of Rogue's Fury.
- Wizard - Changed rank 11 of Evoker's Synergy to trigger off of Shocking Vortex rather than Ethereal Braid.
*** NPCs ***
- Overthere and Skyfire (Ring of Scale) - NPC spells Aggressive Buffet, Irritating Spines, Rake, and Soul Drain no longer land through immunities. The Irritating Spines debuff's duration has been reduced.
- Veeshan's Peak (Ring of Scale) - NPCs should regard pets in the more common way now.
- Veeshan's Peak (Ring of Scale) - Hard rares will respawn more slowly and will have a maximum of one power source.
- Xalgoz in Sathir's Tomb has returned to his proper race.
- Lashun Novashine in Plane of Health has remembered what he wanted to say and should now respond properly.
- Big cat familiars will no longer eat other people's familiars, because that's naughty. Bad kitty!
- Depths of Darkhollow - Several quest NPCs are now immune to attack. This includes but is not limited to the Doorman in Dreadspire Keep and Shadowalker Dustspirit in Stoneroot Falls.
- Shadowalker Dustspirit in Stoneroot Falls now has the (Missions) tag.
*** Collections ***
- Many collectibles from Call of the Forsaken and The Broken Mirror now have lore text.
- Fixed the typos in the collectibles and associated achievements for the Dull Broadsword of Decay and Rust Venom.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Many UI features are no longer expansion restricted, including but not limited to: clicking items from bags, bandolier, blocking spells, and the quest journal.
- Added an Agent of Change for the Veeshan's Peak revamp, available when Gates of Discord unlocks.
- The Cazic-Thule instance offered by the Agent of Change will now grant lockouts as intended.
- The Temple of Cazic-Thule will now turn into the Accursed Temple of Cazic-Thule when Planes of Power unlocks.
- The Praesertums in Sanctus Seru are now in the progression instance zone with Lord Inquisitor Seru.
- - The Agent of Change no longer requires the key. It still does a level check.
- - The Arx Key teleports you to the Lord Inquisitor Seru area in the base zone UNLESS you are in the progression instance or a pick zone for Sanctus Seru, in which case it will teleport you to the Lord Inquisitor Seru area in the zone you are in.
- - The entrance point of the progression instance is now near the relative location of the Agent of Change that sends you there, not the Agent of Change is in the Lord Inquisitor Seru area that can teleport you out of the instance.
- The initial ranks of mercenary alternate advancement abilities can now be obtained with the release of Seeds of Destruction.
- Fixed a bug that caused low level fire pets to cast an incorrect spell in eras prior to Planes of Power.
- All adoptable heritage crate mounts now have text in the adopt effect description that state that Luclin must be unlocked in order to adopt the mount.
- The sky and outdoor settings are now consistent between Luclin Agent of Change instances and base zones. This will allow for summoning a mount in the instance if it can be summoned in the base zone.
- Ruins of Kunark must be unlocked in order to claim Kunark teleporter items.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Performed significant upgrades to both the client and server to utilize more modern hardware and operating system features.
- Added a warning message when starting the game on Windows Vista, XP, and older operating systems:
- - In a few months the game will be unable to run on such systems.
- - Please refer to the minimum system requirements on our website.
- Fixed an issue where characters that had previously changed race did not have their innate skills updated to the expected values.
- NPC names will be capitalized at the beginning of FLURRY or RAMPAGE messages.
- Corrected an issue where players on non-PVP servers were hitting a distance limit when /targeting another player.
- Corrected an issue that could cause characters to fail to load into the Character Select screen.
- Corrected several misspellings of Lxanvom.
*** UI ***
- The AA abilities window will now display descriptions for your current ability rank as well as the next rank available for purchase.
- You can now toggle a border on the Task Overlay window.
- Fixed an issue where quests were being removed from the Task Overlay window on logout.
- Merchants that use alternate currencies will no longer purchase your coin items.
- The Find Item Window now filters equipped items and items in your inventory as separate locations.
- Corrected an issue where players were not being added to the guild window after zoning or logging in.
- The bazaar and find item windows UI positioning has been adjusted.
- Added focused mana cost, range, endurance cost, resist mod, and push information to the spell display window.
- The guild window no longer counts players who are not displayed in each page's total, and the players per page setting is now saved.
- Corrected an issue with the Reset button on the Find Item Window.
- Changed -
*** Previously Updated ***
- Master Vule the Silent Tear - Master Vule will always leave a corpse when slain.
- Corrected a problem that could cause the Cazic-Thule zone to continually repop when a progression instance was active.
- Cleric - All spells in the Holy Intervention Strike line are now Chromatic resists with a -10 modifier. Fixed several other inconsistencies with early ranks of these spells.
- Necromancer - Fixed a problem that prevented Adalora's Shade and Reliving Assassin from spawning pets if you did not have a spell focus that affected them.
- The EverQuest Team
**** Starting at Wed Feb 21 12:07:32 2018 with plug-in 126.96.36.199 ****
0088-00:00:02:Checking game installation...
0088-00:00:23:Found 26 file(s) to update.
Finished downloading 6,196,243 bytes in 2.599 seconds (2,384,087 bytes per second)
Saved 1,879,418 bytes with delta patches