Call of the Forsaken confirmed as EverQuest's 20th expansion
Call of the Forsaken, scheduled for a September release, will be EverQuest's 20th expansion. SOE's prolific team promises new AAs--for players and now mercenaries--new zones and much more.
- The expansion is scheduled for a September release, with Beta starting on August 14.
- Expansion content will be released in a staggered format.
- The initial release will be in September, with further content releases (possibly) later this year and (definitely) in 2014.
- There is no level increase, but there are new spells and AAs.
- Mercenaries will be able to gain AAs.
- Four new zones will be introduced at the expansion's launch, with more zones added in future content releases.
- West Karana will be the hub zone.
- It will be handled as the Feerrott was for the House of Thule expansion (an alternate version of the zone rather than a revamp of the original).
- Neriak 4th Gate and the Dead Hills are among the other zones expected.
- Two additional shared bank slots will be added.
- "Heroic Adventures" in instanced zones will scale according to your group's level.
- Changes to Leader AAs are expected, but may not make the expansion's initial launch.
- Leader AA changes "may" be integrated into the UI without requiring purchase of the expansion.