You'll find Nahas the Treasure Hunter in the northeastern part of the forest, along the wall (/loc?). You can invis to him if you like.
You say, 'Hail, Nahas the Treasure Hunter'
Nahas the Treasure Hunter says 'Greetings to you my friend, visitors to this plane are not often seen. Let me introduce myself. I am the great Treasure Hunter Nahas! If you are able I could use some assistance in my current quest.'
You say, 'I will assist you.'
Nahas the Treasure Hunter says 'Well you see I recently purchased a strange device from this gnome that claimed it could find buried treasure anywhere. All I had to do was head here and find some mischief mushroom spores to power it and I would be set. The little problem I'm having is I can't seem to find any of the mushroom spores. If you could bring me four spores l'll fire it up and see if it works. Worry not I'll reward you whether or not any treasure is located.'
Kill mushrooms in the forest to get the spores. Drop rate is acceptable, spores aren't rare. Mushrooms are easy to solo. Give 4 Mischief Mushroom Spores to Nahas.
Nahas the Treasure Hunter says 'Most wonderful! Well here goes, hopefully this confounded device finds something.'
You gain party experience!!
Nahas the Treasure Hunter says 'Whoa, look at this thing go! There definitely has to be some treasure around this area somewhere. Better go find it before the juice runs out on this thing.'
"a buried treasure chest" spawns at the opposite end of the forest (far northwest, /loc?). It cons blue to level 65 and hits a 65 ranger with ornate/elem gear for 376 max. It summons and is kos. It's rootable, snareable and has low MR, if any.
You probably want to clear the area of skunks, bixies, shrooms, a white stallion and/or Lithiniath first if they are up.
Con: a buried treasure chest scowls at you, ready to attack -- he appears to be quite formidable.
On agro: a buried treasure chest edges forward as it gets ready to attack.
On death: a buried treasure chest has been slain by ______!
You gain party experience!!
a buried treasure chest's corpse ceases all movement as it falls in defeat.
You receive 6 platinum and 4 gold as your split.
Clukker the Crazy says, 'Ha ha! Hello to you too! I have got this crazy deck that I'm willing to give to those [looking for a deck]. Ha ha! Oo!'
You say, 'I am looking for a deck.'
Clukker the Crazy says 'You're looking for a DECK? Ha ha ha! Well, bring me a fishing grub, tee hee, and I'll give you a nifty deck'
Give him a fishing grub.
Clukker the Crazy takes a bite out of the fishing grub that was handed to him. Clukker then says, 'Ha ha HA! Thanks for the tasty treat! Now here is your deck! Hee hee haw!'
You receive a Deck of Spontaneous Generation, a NO DROP, 4-slot SMALL container.
Throughout the Plane of Mischief, various Mobs drop playing cards. Collect these cards. Different combinations of cards generate different rewards. It seems likely that you need at least one throne card per each combination, as combinations without the throne have so far failed. Also, the combinations seem to be a throne card along with a crown, knight and squire of the same color.
Where are the cards?
a. Thrones so far have only been found in the Alice area, last 2 sections on the "BIG" halflings and "22"
b. Crowns and sometimes Jesters can be found on any lvl 60ish NPC, Fenj, "86", My Hand, etc ...
c. Knights can rarely be found on the 4 halfings in the forest around the chest, and used to be semi common on "86" and "donk", you can also find on the "MID" lvl NPC's .. like Gorillas and Guards (rare).
d. Squires can be found most in the forest area .. normally at least 1 per clearing of the forest
Here are the known rewards:
1. Vambraces of Distraction - White Throne, Black Crown, Black Knight, Black Squire
2. Cloak of Confusion - Blue Throne, Blue Crown, Blue Knight, Blue Squire
3. Mask of Melodies - Red Throne, Red Crown, Red Knight, Red Squire
4. Buckler of Doom - Black Throne, Black Crown, Black Knight, Black Squire
5. Green Wristguard - White Throne, Red Throne, Red Knight, Red Crown
6. Blue Flower of Functionality - Black Throne, White Throne, Red Throne, Blue Throne.
7. Robe of Distraction - Black Throne, Red Throne, Black Crown, Red Crown
8. Bracelet of the Twisted Mind - White Throne, Blue Throne, Blue Crown, Blue Knight
9. Mushroom Bracelet - Black Throne, Blue Throne, Blue Crown, Blue Knight
10. Shimmering Wristguard - Red Throne, Blue Throne, Blue Crown, Blue Knight
11. Greaves of Distraction - Blue Throne, Black Throne, Black Crown, Black Knight
12. Green Flower of Functionality - Black Knight, White Knight, Red Knight, Blue Knight
13. Black Flower of Functionality - Black Squire, White Squire, Red Squire, Blue Squire
14. Globe of Darkness - Black Throne, Blue Throne, Black Crown, Blue Crown
15. Crown of Distraction - Red Throne, Red Crown, Blue Throne, Blue Crown
16. Onyx Wristbands - Blue Throne, Red Throne, Red Crown, Red Knight
17. Silver Wristguards - Black Throne, Red Throne, Red Crown, Red Knight
18. Breastplate of Distraction - Red Throne, Black Throne, Black Crown, Black Knight
19. Belt of Inconsistency - White Throne, White Crown, Blue Throne, Blue Crown
20. Boots of Distraction - White Throne, White Crown, White Knight, Blue Throne
21. Red Flower of Functionality - White Throne, White Crown, White Knight, White Squire
22. Idiot Savant's Cap - Red Throne, Red Crown, White Throne, White Crown
23. A Very Rusty Dagger - Black Throne, Black Crown, White Throne, White Crown
24. White Flower of Functionality - Black Crown, Blue Crown, Red Crown, White Crown
25. Gloves of Distraction - White Throne, White Crown, White Knight, Red Throne
26. Wristguard of Distraction - White Throne, White Crown, White Knight, Black Throne
27. Mask of the Tundra Walker - Black Squire, Blue Squire, Black Knight, Blue Knight
28. Crystal Scimitar - Red Squire, White Squire, Red Knight, White Knight
29. Crystal Hammer - Blue Squire, White Squire, Blue Knight, White Knight
30. Great Sword of Bristlebane - Red Squire, Black Squire, Red Knight, Black Knight
31. Ring of Rememberance - Red Squire, Black Squire, Blue Knight, White Knight
There are random Mobs in the zone that drop library cards. Give one to Posie the Librarian and she will give you a 4-slot container called the Book of Mischief. Also dropping randomly are four pages, top left and right and bottom left and right. Combine these four pages in the book and you will get a Words of Wealth, which unfortunately can't be equipped.
Now talk to Bob the painter and give him your words of wealth and you will get an empty pot of gold (2 slot container). You will need to create an item using the deck of spontaneous generation. Only 2-throne combination items work (e.g., Green Wristguard, Vambraces of Distraction, Crown of Distraction), except for Mask of Melodies (1-throne), which also works. Combine it in the pot of gold with a Words of Wealth. This will give you a Funny Money.
Give 2 funny moneys to Peachy D'Vicci and she gives you a colored Gift Box. The box has 5 charges. Occasionally you will receive a Frostmaidens Idol instead of a gift box.
Each piece can drop an idol corresponding to its name, i.e., a white queen will drop a white queen piece. I never saw a white pawn drop anything, but the others did. Drops are uncommon/rare.
There are two quest mobs, one on each throne. Ronald Brumplefoot plays for white.
You say, 'Hail, Ronald Brumplefoot'
Ronald Brumplefoot says 'What does one have to do to win at this game? Each move I make they counter a better move. I sure could use some help.'
You say, 'I will help.'
Ronald Brumplefoot says 'Oh you are willing to help me? Very well I really need to end this game and put my opponent in check mate. You can either gather up four white pawns to bring me closer to what I need. Or if your willing to risk it all and go for check mate bring me one each of a white bishop, white knight, white castle, and a white queen. If you do so I'll have checkmate for sure. However the pieces can get a little lively in the defense of their king so be warned if you do so.'
If you hand in the bishop, knight, castle and queen, all the mobs in the chessboard area will despawn, and 8 pawns (what is the exact in-game name?) will spawn around the board. Upon the death of the last pawn two knights and two bishops (what are the exact in-game names?) will spawn on each side of the board. Once these are dead, the queen (what is the exact in-game name?) and two castles (what are the exact in-game names?) will spawn. Once these are dead, "the White King" will spawn, a level 70 raid mob that hits for 1387, quads, flurries, and enrages. Upon its death, you see:
You have slain the White King!
You gain raid experience!!
the White King's corpse clatters to the ground dead.
The king has been defeated and the checkmate earned after a hard fought victory.
Rewards from this event include the Manic Breastplate of Carousing and Comfortable Sandals of Serenity.