Over on the official forums, Prathun has shared a schedule for of event content covering the next year, though the dates are subject to change. Times listed are in Pacific time zone.
- Living Legacy 1 & 2 - IRA Marathon and IRA Sprint, Started 08/05/2015 00:00; Ends 08/19/2015 23:00.
- Living Legacy 3 & 4 - Endurance and Avatar of Despair, Starts 08/19/2015 00:00; Ends 09/02/2015 23:00.
- Summer events - Quests, Starts 09/02/2015 00:00; Ends 09/30/2015 23:00.
- Summer events - Mission, Starts 09/16/2015 00:00; Ends 09/30/2015 23:00.
- Nights of the Dead, Starts 10/28/2015 00:00; Ends 11/11/2015 23:00.
- Dragons, Dragons, Dragons! and Giants, Giants, Giants!, Starts 11/11/2015 00:00; Ends 12/09/2015 23:00.
- Frostfell, Starts 12/03/2015 00:00; Ends 01/07/2016 23:00.
- New Year, Starts 12/26/2015 00:00; Ends 01/21/2016 23:00.
- Erollisi Day, Starts 02/03/2016 00:00; Ends 02/17/2016 23:00.
- 15th Anniversary - Plane of War Mission, Starts 02/24/2016 00:00; Ends 04/06/2016 23:00.
- 16th Anniversary, Starts 03/16/2016 00:00; Ends 04/27/2016 23:00.
- Brew Day, Starts 03/16/2016 00:00; Ends 03/30/2016 23:00.
- Bristlebane Day, Starts 03/23/2016 00:00; Ends 04/06/2016 23:00.
- 14th-15th Anniversary, Starts 04/13/2016 00:00; Ends 05/25/2016 23:00.
- 5th-13th Anniversary, Starts 04/27/2016 00:00; Ends 06/08/2016 23:00.
- Hardcore Heritage 1 & 2 - blackburrow cazicthule, Starts 05/11/2016 00:00; Ends 05/25/2016 23:00.
- Hardcore Heritage 3 & 4 - gukbottom unrest, Starts 05/25/2016 00:00; Ends 06/08/2016 23:00.
- Hardcore Heritage 5 & 6 - crushbone permafrost, Starts 06/08/2016 00:00; Ends 06/22/2016 23:00.
- Hardcore Heritage 7 & 8 - mistmoore soldungb, Starts 06/22/2016 00:00; Ends 07/20/2016 23:00.
- Death, Death, Death!, Starts 07/20/2016 00:00; Ends 08/03/2016 23:00.
Early Access gets closer and closer for the upcoming MMO Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade, yet when we look at their feature list there's still so much left to learn about. When Behaviour Interactive has talked about the game in general up to this point, they've focused on the game's PvP content. This makes sense - "In the grim dark future, there is only war" and all of that. The source material is a tabletop miniatures warfare game, so not focusing on the PvP content would be shocking to say the least. There's more to the world of Eternal Crusade than the battle between Orks, Space Marines, Chaos Marines and Eldar though. In our recent interview with Senior Producer Nathan Richardsson, they finally start to talk about Tyrannids and that up-till-now untouched portion of their game, PvE content.
Blizzard has just unveiled the next expansion coming to World of Warcraft: Legion!
Hello and welcome to the 12th edition of Formerly Hardcore, ZAM’s column on Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft. For this week’s column, we’re going to do some speculating. On Thursday, August 6th at gamescom, Blizzard will unveil the newest expansion for WoW. If you’re like me and there’s 15+ hours of flight between you and gamescom, they’ll be livestreaming it on their dedicated gamescom page. Now the question is: where will this new expansion take us and what changes will it bring to the game? Quick spoiler alert for those who haven’t fought Archimonde at the end of Hellfire Citadel and seen the cinematic afterwards – we’ll be talking about that right after the jump.
E3 doesn't stop when its doors are closed for the day. We snagged Executive Producer Holly "Windstalker" Longdale at this year's Daybreak after-party (and again this week in a follow-up), chatting about some recent changes that hit EverQuest's progression servers as well as the upcoming progression servers and merges for EverQuest II.
Hello and welcome to the 9th edition of Formerly Hardcore, ZAM’s column on Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft. For this week’s column we’ll be talking about patch 6.2, which is coming to live servers… today! Last Wednesday, Blizzard released the patch cinematic and gave a release date of Tuesday, June 23rd. Coincidentally that was about two hours after I’d already agreed to write the review for the Final Fantasy XIV expansion, Heavensward, which also comes out on the 23rd. It’s amazing how Blizzard just coincidentally keeps releases patches when other games are coming out, despite claiming not to… in all seriousness though, if I were them, I’d do the same thing.
For those of you who aren’t going to be bouncing back and forth between games, you’ll have your hands full with everything in this patch. If your guild has long since finished with Blackrock Foundry or your 5-man group is ready to have a new challenge, your wait is over. Well, unless you forgot to turn on the Background Downloader or to kick off the Battle.net launcher before you went to work.
Hello and welcome to the 8th edition of Formerly Hardcore, ZAM’s column for Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft. For this column, we’re going to take a look at last week’s preview of Hellfire Citadel from the official WoW site. Patch 6.2 will be taking us back to Tanaan Jungle where we’ll be not only invading the stronghold of the Iron Horde, but we’ll be doing so against their newly fel-empowered legions of soldiers.
It's been a long time coming. After well over a year of player campaigning duck mounts have finally come to Norrath. You'll find them in the in-game store for 1950 Daybreak Cash, and they come in a variety of plumage: Midnight Waterfowl (black duck), Waterfowl (Mallard duck), and Winter Waterfowl (white duck). The Quacken, which is a yellow duck, will only be available for two weeks, and will migrate away from the Marketplace at noon Pacific on Tuesday, May 19, 2015.
Enjoy our fine feathered friends! And look below the jump for the video story of the duck mount.