Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

New AvatarsFollow

#1 Jul 15 2011 at 7:50 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
63 posts
From Future Updates
Job Manifesto:
Summoner

An ability to use more mp to lower BP recast
Avatars Cait Sith and Atomos to be introduced
____________________________
Tykata of Fairy/Sylph Retired
Awaiting FFXIV impatiently
#2 Jul 15 2011 at 10:15 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,636 posts
Hopefully not Astral Flow avatars like Alex/Odin. Those two were fun toys, but they did not age well at all.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#3 Jul 15 2011 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
63 posts
Incidently they're thinking of adding something similar to BST, a one hit wonder type pet
____________________________
Tykata of Fairy/Sylph Retired
Awaiting FFXIV impatiently
#4 Jul 15 2011 at 12:17 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,211 posts
**** new avatars, I'm more interested in the ability to use more MP to reduce BP timer! That sounds like exactly what SMN needs right now, assuming it can exceed the lame 45-second cap.

There's not a single other job in the game that is restricted to doing things only once every 45 seconds, it's absurd! Back when DDs could only weaponskill every 40-60 seconds or so, it made sense, but DDs now have 5-hit builds with capped haste and are dropping weaponskills every 20 seconds. There's no way Summoner can compete.
____________________________
Pergatory (Asura, Kupo LS) WHM99 ~ SMN99 ~ DRK99
"If you want to know me, look inside your heart." -Lao Tzu
#5 Jul 15 2011 at 2:51 PM Rating: Excellent
**
543 posts
I'm with Perg on this one. Or at least give us alliance-wide, very-long-range Favors worth using. I've always felt that the whole Favor mechanic was implimented with all the grace and elegance of a retarded money trying to eat a wax banana.

I'm working my AF3 primarily out of love. My trash geared dancer can solo far more than my summoner can, and it can tank, and I've been doing ni procs dnc/nin while tanking mobs. Meanwhile my summoner can't azure, can't tank, has no stun, and can't use abilities on command. I have been soloing mobs for my summoner seals on my dancer.

If summoner only earned one rage charge and one ward charge every 45 seconds and could stack 5 or 6 of each, and was able to sc the pacts, I wouldn't be so bitter about this (Dancer has NFR and reverse flourish, by comparison). But the current setup just has not scaled well when the game went in it's current direction.

Honestly, I struggle to find times when my summoner can be useful at all. Unlike the time I showed up to an ls event for my first run ever on my dancer and tanked several NM's for the alliance, while handling stuns.

I WANT to play summoner. I really hope SE gives me a way to do so.

Edited, Jul 15th 2011 4:20pm by Thydonon
____________________________
Thydonon - PUP99, SAM99, WAR99, DNC99, BST99, SMN99, BLM99
Asura
Pandemonium rest in peace.
#6 Jul 17 2011 at 12:04 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
143 posts
I still say Blood Pacts on individual timers would fix this. For example Poison Nails would probably be a 5-15 second recast while Predator Claws would be closer to the normal 45seconds - 1min were all used to. Would have to adjust the - BP timer gear and maybe change some of it to Blood Boon + etc. Im ok with the +MP > -BP timer ability but getting rid of perp cost would be great as well. I feel that SMN is just to defined and held back by 2 global BP timers. Also loosing the 45-1min BP recast to a killed target or out of range really **** me off and needs to be looked into. Same goes with loosing TP. New avatars meh, Id rather see a functioning avatar over a 2hr cannon. Odin/Alex have awesome 2hrs but it would be nice to also have them for other things. Also /crossfingers for Yojimbo because he looks cool. :P
____________________________
I hope life is not a joke, if it is, I don't get it.
MNK 90, BLU 90, SMN 90
#7 Jul 17 2011 at 2:16 AM Rating: Decent
**
817 posts
Quote:
I'm working my AF3 primarily out of love. My trash geared dancer can solo far more than my summoner can, and it can tank, and I've been doing ni procs dnc/nin while tanking mobs. Meanwhile my summoner can't azure, can't tank, has no stun, and can't use abilities on command. I have been soloing mobs for my summoner seals on my dancer.


you're playing it horribly wrong i'd say...
got some nice dnc stuff, and sure i can solo some NMs with it.
then few months back, i rushed smn to duo with a friend.

i can say i solo NMs better on smn than on dnc(and smn skill isn't capped yet)
there's also a wider selection of NMs smn can solo. that include lot of "big NMs"(+2 items, bosses, etc)

-

as for new avatars :

caith should be a light avatar with mostly physical bp and /random wards.(not saying it'd be a good thing, but to fit the real thing)

atomos, idk... should be non-elemental. i hardly see it as a 2h avatar since it would do the same as either diabolos or odin. maybe with mostly ward bp for "smn teleports" XD

the caith bcnm should be fun at least ^^

Edited, Jul 17th 2011 4:27am by DarkBiBi
#8 Jul 17 2011 at 7:05 PM Rating: Good
***
3,059 posts
Bahamut or new summons GTFO. MP to BP timer looks like fun though.
____________________________
"And I'm prepared to passionately argue this point until nothing makes sense anymore. If that doesn't work, then the hours upon hours of whining will." -Red Mage Statscowski

Saggo of Garuda Lakshmi
#9 Jul 18 2011 at 7:27 AM Rating: Good
**
543 posts
On a side note, looks like we'll be doing WotG if requird for Atomos/Cait Sith. Because even though we say the avatars aren't that big of a deal, they are something no summoner will be able to look away from. We want them. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I'm predicting Medal of Altana, or completion of WotG, or both, as requirements for the new avatars. Possibly MoA for one and completion for the other. If you let your Medal slip, like I did, it might be time to get it back.

Also, hells yes. Yojimbo ftw!



Edit: As long as we're getting mission related summons, I'd like the zilart Ark Angels, Promanthia, and Bahamut. As long as I'm dreaming, maybe even the 8-3 pots, ultima and omega.

Edited, Jul 18th 2011 8:52am by Thydonon
____________________________
Thydonon - PUP99, SAM99, WAR99, DNC99, BST99, SMN99, BLM99
Asura
Pandemonium rest in peace.
#10 Jul 18 2011 at 9:13 AM Rating: Good
**
253 posts
Thydonon wrote:
On a side note, looks like we'll be doing WotG if requird for Atomos/Cait Sith. Because even though we say the avatars aren't that big of a deal, they are something no summoner will be able to look away from. We want them. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I'm predicting Medal of Altana, or completion of WotG, or both, as requirements for the new avatars. Possibly MoA for one and completion for the other. If you let your Medal slip, like I did, it might be time to get it back.

Also, hells yes. Yojimbo ftw!



Edit: As long as we're getting mission related summons, I'd like the zilart Ark Angels, Promanthia, and Bahamut. As long as I'm dreaming, maybe even the 8-3 pots, ultima and omega.

Edited, Jul 18th 2011 8:52am by Thydonon


I think it will most definitely be completion of WoTG. I'm not sure SE would be so mean as to require Campaign capping since they know the system has a love/hate relationship with the playerbase.

For those who haven't completed WoTG though, you should definitely try to do so. Great story and I nearly full-time Moonshade Earring on SMN.
#11 Jul 18 2011 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
**
543 posts
Poltergeist27 wrote:
Thydonon wrote:
On a side note, looks like we'll be doing WotG if requird for Atomos/Cait Sith. Because even though we say the avatars aren't that big of a deal, they are something no summoner will be able to look away from. We want them. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I'm predicting Medal of Altana, or completion of WotG, or both, as requirements for the new avatars. Possibly MoA for one and completion for the other. If you let your Medal slip, like I did, it might be time to get it back.

Also, hells yes. Yojimbo ftw!



Edit: As long as we're getting mission related summons, I'd like the zilart Ark Angels, Promanthia, and Bahamut. As long as I'm dreaming, maybe even the 8-3 pots, ultima and omega.

Edited, Jul 18th 2011 8:52am by Thydonon


I think it will most definitely be completion of WoTG. I'm not sure SE would be so mean as to require Campaign capping since they know the system has a love/hate relationship with the playerbase.

For those who haven't completed WoTG though, you should definitely try to do so. Great story and I nearly full-time Moonshade Earring on SMN.




That Moonshade ear does look nice, part of a trifecta with caller's earring and gifted earring. Moonshade has to be the best of the three, as long as the refresh comes into play.

Also, I've been thinking. If I have to go back into campaign, I'm looking forward to using Fourth Mantle + Chrysopoeia Torque. I've also been wondering if we could be using this neck with tp abilities (isn't there a scholar spell for slow tp gain?), it would be weird to have a samurai providing refresh via this neck. :D
____________________________
Thydonon - PUP99, SAM99, WAR99, DNC99, BST99, SMN99, BLM99
Asura
Pandemonium rest in peace.
#12 Jul 19 2011 at 10:07 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,636 posts
Thydonon wrote:
Edit: As long as we're getting mission related summons, I'd like the zilart Ark Angels, Promanthia, and Bahamut.

Imagine how cool it would be if you could summon the Ark Angel of your race and your race only to deliver a unique attack. As long as they were reasonably balanced (hey, it's not theoretically impossible!) it'd be cool to have a race-unique summon. Mix it up a bit.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#13 Jul 27 2011 at 12:54 PM Rating: Good
**
479 posts
Some initial information on the official forum regarding the Cait Sith and Atomos.

Camate wrote:

Hey all! Got a bit of information from the development team about the new avatars that are incoming in a future version update.

While we don't have too many specifics to share because things are still in the planning stages, the current plan is to make Cait Sith an avatar similar to the likes of Carbuncle, where you can go into battle with Cait Sith at your side. Atomos on the other hand would be similar to Odin and Alexander in that he is used solely for his 2 hour ability.


I figured Cait Sith would be a "regular" avatar and that Atomos would be two hour only. This decision doesn't bother me, assuming that Atomos' ability is very powerful. Cait Sith is kind of adorable. She will look great running along side my Taru :)

On the other hand, "still in the planning stages" sounds like it will be at least a couple updates before we see them introduced. :(
____________________________
Sasaraixx
Tarutaru!
Gilgamesh
BLM 99/SMN 99/RDM 99/SCH 99/WHM 99/BLU 99/DNC 99/NIN 49/WAR 49/THF 46/BRD 41/COR 40/RNG 38/DRK 37/
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (22)