SCH has a spot in a variety of situations:
- Emp Farming in abyssea as well as some other activities due to the fact that near fulltime embrava with isl of time makes things extremely easy
- Capable of healing many of the VWNMs
- Able to cover many blm procs in VW as long as there is another blm present
- Desired for Provenance for its embrava and alacrity stun
- Desired in Nyzul isle / Legion for embrava
- I haven't done any Limbus or Ein yet
Just so you know I have WHM, BLM, and SCH, and each of them gets used. I'm all for SCH getting buffs and would of course like to be invited for SCH's other abilities as well as embrava , but SCH isn't in as dire a situation as it was before.
You just proved my point. The only real uses you listed all involved Embrava.
2. You'd bring a WHM instead.
3. 2 BLMS would be more useful for covering procs than bringing that SCH (and RDM could cover those as well)
And I also have WHM BLM and SCH leveled. SCH gets used for, you guessed it, Embrava. If a group needs a healer, I'm going WHM. If it needs procs, I'm going BLM (or BLU).
As I already said, you don't have a problem with the job being all about 1 spell. I do. No, it's not in as bad a situation as it was previously (and it has nothing to do with the healing buffs). And I do think RDM needs more attention. That doesn't mean that there isn't a fundamental problem with the situation and that the inclusion of another buffing/enfeebling mage job that can nuke might not further complicate things.
1. Sch is capable of healing plenty of abyssea NMs now anyway if you don't always want to whm.
2. You could bring a whm, but most of the VWNMs aren't that tough that they require a whm. Some are, but not all of them.
3. 2 Blms or 1 SCH and 1 BLM is pretty much the same thing. SCH/BLM can cover t2-t4, helix, dot, and t1 ga and blm can cover AM, ja, and t2-3aga. Someone is going to have to do the those spells either ways so sch can definitely fill in.
4. Alacrity Stun completely shuts down Provenance Watcher. Its extremely useful.
Yes, the main reason a sch is invited is for embrava these days. That doesn't mean that it is capable of healing or procing (in VW) as well.