This is what I suggest.
1. Make sure that you have maxed your trophy by combining whatever is cheap, easy for you doing any combine with a trivial above 300 any number of times.
2. Purchase all of the AA's to increase your skill. (There are many more of them now.)
3. Purchase and scribe any books with jewelry recipes.
4. Visit EQ Traders. Bring up the Fast Trivial list for jewelry. Compare anything on that list with a trivial above 15 , 16 against recipes now in your kit.
5. Make ONE of anything not showing in your kit.
From here on to increase your skill, you need to make the widest variety of recipes; the difficulty or number of times crafted do not count.
There are some recipes that you cannot "learn" in the kit. These do not count. Neither do combines done only in special containers.
I think EQ Traders has notes on the ones that do not count.