EDIT: To specifically answer your question, do hard missions if lower than 65 average group level for double the points per adventure. Pick a theme that is good for your class(es). Using the LDoN pets can help, but may also take up some time, if they don't turn into pets. If you do get a pet early on, it will make killing faster, and assuming your tank keeps the mobs close and aggro'd the pet should live for quite awhile before deciding it's had enough and quits on you. I've had them last the entire adventure, when doing them in 30mins or less.
Some Everfrost (Miragul's Menagerie) adventures have terrible bright lightning. There are pathing bugs in some instances, especially ones with very high steps. It's good to keep some sort of way to gate / port out, as the exit doors have been known to be buggy at times.
If you're looking for some specific item or spell from the adventure merchants, you should stick to that theme until you have accumulated enough points for that theme to buy the highest item you want, then you can move to different / easier themes for addition purchasing points from the original theme. LDoN – Lost Dungeons of Norrath Expansion
LDoNs are instanced dungeons, designed primarly for groups, but some raids are also available. Requirements / Limitations:
- Minimum number of members: 3 (including mercenaries) / 6 for raids
- Maximmum number of members: 6 (including mercenaries) / 42? for raids
- Group (Raid) Leader is only one who can request an Adventure.
- Level Limits:
Time: 90 Minutes to complete for a Full Win, 120 Minutes for a Partial Win (Partial Win, is you get a few Adventure points, but does not count toward your Adventure Wins statistics or Adventurer’s Stone progression, but rather a loss) starting from the time the first member enters the instance.
Re-request timer: 45 minutes
Difficulty: Normal or Hard (Hard is automatic, when Average Level is 65+)
- Minimum Average Level: 18 (not including mercs) but Group Leader must be 20 or higher.
- So it seems you need an average group level of 18+. Mercs do not count towards the average, only actual players (divide by # of players, not players + mercs) from https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/chaenz-abella-from-the-wayfarers.213489/page-3#post-3123498
- Minimum Level: 15 or maybe lower
- Maximum Average Level:
82 100+ They have to keep upping it every expansion.
- Group (Raid) Level Span: 10 upto a maximum level of 75, slightly more, as max group member level goes above 75.
- Normal, the mob levels are slightly less and somewhat easier, while Hard is more challenging, but with double the Adventure Points earned for a successful adventure.
- Although it is now allowed to spend points at any camp, you still have to have earned about as many points as the item for that Camp. In other words, if you wish to get the Icy Prism of Avoidance from the Mirgul’s Menagerie (Everfrost) camp, you will need to have earned at least 760 (maybe slightly less) points in that Scenario / Camp, even if you no longer have that many points available from that camp, but do from combinations of other camps.
- Mob Count:
- Kill a random number of mobs of appropriate level, generally between 50 and 60 mobs
- Collect (Loot) a random number of items off of mobs.
- Find an NPC and have them follow you out without dieing
- Find and kill a specific named
Special Mobs and Objects:
- Random version of any one of the four above types
Camps / Scenarios: Mistmoore Catacombs:
- Injured / Cincealed / etc. mobs that are green or grey cons, can be awoken (get them up from lying down) by kicking them, or any single, instant low-damage attack. They will either attack, spawn many other mobs and attack, die (if you do too much damage), or stand up. Once standing you can say Follow to them, and they will most times become a stupid enchanter-like pet but do descent amount of damage.
- Crates, Boxes, Bone piles, Chests, etc. can offer special items, but are often trapped. Traps can be disarmed with various techniques, depending on the trap, including Rog skill Disarm Traps / Pick Locks for Ironbound traps, and Caster spells via Wuggan’s or Xalirilan's for Wizzies for Spellbound traps, and Priest spells via Reebo's or Iony's for Clerics for Hexed traps
- Traps are found in all the adventures, and are often marked on maps, which is one of the reasons Rogues were highly sought after for such missions when they were new.
- Camp is in north-eastern part of Butcherblock Mtns near the Greater Faydark zone line.
- Instance zone-ins are a temple in the south-western corner of Lesser Faydark, and wood door on the ground along the center western wall of the Lesser Faydark.
- Mobs are mostly Undead with a few Summoned, and few, if any, are Runners, and nearly all have damage shields.
- Camp is along the western wall of the southern part of the grassy area of North Ro, about half-way between zone lines to Commanlands and East Freeport.
- Instance zone-ins are in a sand trap in southern part of North Ro, and wood door on the ground in northern South Ro (previously Oasis of Marr).
- Mobs are mostly Monsters, with quite a few Summoned, and a few Animals, many are Runners.
- Camp is in the tunnel in Commonlands (previously East Commonlands).
- Instance zone-ins are in a hole in the ground in South Ro.
- Mobs are mostly Humanoids with some Animals, and Summoned, and most are Runners.
- Camp is in the south-western part of South Ro.
- Instance zone-ins in a tree in northern part of Innothule Swamp, and a door not too far into Upper Guk.
- Mobs are mostly Humanoids with some Undead and a few Summoned Pets, and most are Runners.
Merchants: Adventurer’s Stone:
- Camp is at the southern tip of the Y in the river, in the center of Everfrost
- Instance zone-ins are a cave just north of the camp, and glowing ring inside one of the small towers way south of the camp.
- Mobs are mostly Monsters with a some Humanoids, a few Undead, and a few Animals, and most are Runners.
from http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=187&page=1&howmany=50#msg107102673875645 http://pub45.ezboard.com/fotherworlds31279frm32.showMessage?topicID=38.topic *Takish*
- Ruanya Windleaf - North Ro - Adventure Camp (2)
- Farwein Windrun - South Ro - n2800 p500 (15 wins)
- Ruanya Windleaf - North Ro - Adventure Camp (30 wins)
- Nifel Faliwae - Greater Faydark - n1960 p2400 (50 wins)
- Ruanya Windleaf - North Ro - Adventure Camp (End Charm)
- Selphra Giztral - South Ro - Adventure Camp (2 wins)
- Bealya Tanilsua - West Commonlands - n455 p2600 (15 wins)
- Selphra Giztral - South Ro - Adventure Camp (30 wins)
- Deblik Grumblok - Innothule Swamp - n1700 p1150 (50 wins)
- Selphra Giztral - South Ro - Adventure Camp (End Charm)
- Vual Stoutest - Butcherblock - Adventure Camp (2 wins)
- Henai Silentwalker - Dagnors Cauldron - n1660 n1230 (15 wins)
- Vual Stoutest - Butcherblock - Adventure Camp (30 wins)
- Elwinn Prelilaen - Lesser Faydark - p700 n580 (50 wins)
- Vual Stoutest - Butcherblock - Adventure Camp (End Charm)
- Barste Songweaver - East Commonlands Shady - Adventure Camp (2 wins)
- Ginehl Wiquar - West Freeport - n606 p180 (pok book - 15 wins)
- Barste Songweaver - East Commonlands Shady - Adventure Camp (30 wins)
- Shumpi Wimahnn - Highpass Hold (....) - p185 n20 (near succor point / ek - dont remember wins .. 50 i think)
- Barste Songweaver - East Commonlands Shady - Adventure Camp (End charm)
- Teria Grinntti - Everfrost - Adventure Camp (2 wins)
- Ubzial Iyeaql - Qeynos Hills - p3300 n500 (15 wins)
- Teria Grinntti - Everfrost - Adventure Camp (30 wins- End Charm)
another source for LDoN maps http://maps.eq-toolbox.com/
Will edit to fix errors and add more as I remember / discover.
Yther Ore. Edited, Feb 9th 2013 3:35am by Yther Edited, May 31st 2013 4:44am by Yther Edited, Sep 9th 2014 6:46pm by Yther Edited, Sep 9th 2014 7:08pm by Yther