Arcane Tongues

This ability reduces the chance of failing research combinations by 10, 25, and 50 percent.
Post Comment
cant feel it
# Aug 08 2011 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
73 posts
Well, I wonder if this skill ever work as description.
I never fail any spell making before I have this AA, and experienced lots of failure after getting it lol.
Maybe its another bugged AA from SoE? or just my personal case?


Edited, Aug 8th 2011 2:26pm by zight
what about
# Dec 09 2006 at 10:05 AM Rating: Decent
*
176 posts
So If I have a skill of 1 and do a 300+ combine will it still be a 50/50 chance?
what about
# Jan 13 2011 at 9:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
34 posts
You always have a minimum 5% chance to succeed and so a 95% chance to fail. This AA would reduce your chance to fail to 47.5%, and so increase your chance to succeed to 52.5% - which is better than betting on red in a casino. Seems great at first glance.

But to make Champion, a level 70 shammy spell, you need ingredients that cost about 50p and fine runic vellum. To make the vellum, you need sooty fine runic vellum (which sells at 2k on my server) and a solution which costs 955p. First you have to make the vellum, at 52.5%, and then make the spell, at 52.5%, which gives you a 27.5% chance of succeeding in one go. It's the two combines that kill you. You could get lucky and make the spell for 3k, but it's probably going to cost you 10k or more.

So it depends on the availability and price of the spell you want. On my server, gougers were selling Champion at 60k in the bazzar. So I spent the 60k getting my research up to 300, now I get all my own spells at reasonable prices and I sell Champion at 5k so everyone is happy - except the gougers.

Edited, Jan 13th 2011 10:09am by biabeli
____________________________
"Nintendos can go through anything." Col. Jack O'Neill, SG1
Post Comment

Free account required to post

You must log in or create an account to post messages.