Before the Siege  

Quest Started By:Description:
Where:
Who:
Rating:
*****
Information:
Time:360
Level:95
Maximum Level:105
Monster Mission:No
Repeatable:Yes
Can Be Shrouded?:No
Quest Type:Task
Quest Goal:
  • Advancement
  • Experience
  • Money
Success Lockout Timer: 06:00:00
Quest Items:
Related Zones:
Related Creatures:
Related Quests:
Era:Empires of Kunark
Recommended:
Group Size:Group
Min. # of Players:1
Max. # of Players:6
Appropriate Classes:
  • All
Appropriate Races:
  • All
Entered: Mon Nov 21 13:14:31 2016
Modified: Wed May 31 14:26:43 2017
There is a 1 hour lockout between different missions.

This is a group mission. Say mission to Praetor Denik in Lceanium to trigger the mission. He's located to the east of the main building.

The player requesting the task must have completed the Partisan of Lceanium achievement.

Say ready to zone into the instanced version of Lceanium.

NPC's can be buffed.

  • Talk to Tsaph about what he needs from you 0/1

    Speak with Tsaph. He has need of you right now.

  • Find the cause of the quiet in the hills outside the city 0/1

    All of the beasts and giants in the hills outside of the city have gone into hiding. There must be a reason for this, and Tsaph would like you to find out what that reason is.

    Run up to the sarnak leader Warleader Kaslinot at the northeast cave entrance for an update

    TASK LOCKS HERE

  • Tell Tsaph Katta what you have heard and seen 0/1

    Tell Tsaph about the warleaders and his guards.

  • Kill the Sarnak leader 0/1

    There is nothing else to be done, that Sarnak leader needs to be killed.

    Kill Warleader Kaslinot. Warleader can be tanked in his corner. He has like 3,5 million hitpoints and max hit was 23 k. Warleader casts Tendon Cut (snare), Bladed Fury, a 43 K AE, Stunning Strike, single knockback, and Sarnak Finesse (increased chance to riposte).

  • Speak with Tsaph Katta about your success 0/1

    Tell Tsaph that you defeated the Sarnak leader.

  • Defend Tsaph 0/4

    Assassins have come to kill Tsaph Katta! Defend him!

    The mobs on this step are immune to mez and changes in runspeed. You can buff Tsaph before he's attacked.

    Kill the 4 "a hunter".

  • Defend the eastern breach until the barrier can be built 0/6

    Sarnak troops have begun moving on the city. They appear to be heading toward the eastern breach in the wall. You will be needed to defend that breach while the Combine magic users set up defenses.

    The mobs on this step are immune to mez and changes in runspeed.

  • Defend the northern breaches until the barrier can be built 0/6

    Sarnak troops have begun moving on the city. They appear to be heading toward the northern breach now. Defend that breach while the Combine magic users set up defenses.

    The mobs on this step are immune to mez and changes in runspeed.

  • Speak with Tsaph 0/1

    Speak with Tsaph now that there is a break in the fighting. Tsaph has rewarded you for your help. The next step will be preparing forces for what may be an all out war.

  • Open the chest 0/1

    Open "a reward chest" to get your rewards!

    Reward(s):
    425 platinum 5 gold
    You gain experience!!
    Achievement: Hero of Lceanium
  • Rewards:
    Send a Correction
    Post Comment
    Raid Group nearly a requirement
    # Jun 21 2017 at 1:43 PM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    28 posts
    This is a f'd up mission yet again; thanks a ton, daybroke.

    The war leader is easy enough. But tanking and killing the assaulting Sarnaks is horrid.
    Tsaph can survive long enough for a group to kill the four mobs there. But killing the next four in time before they attack Tsaph and then
    the next group of Sarnaks again is ridiculous. Once they've killed the combine guards, they go attack Tsaph again. So there isn't enough time
    to kill the mobs unless you have raid tank and raid dps to get it done.

    Its not a fair mission by any means. F you, Daybroke!
    Task lock
    # May 30 2017 at 8:45 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    Avatar
    *
    103 posts
    Task locks when you investigate NE ramp (after step 2).

    Edited, May 30th 2017 10:49pm by ddraigoch
    ____________________________
    Buanu Connoy
    Shadowblade of Tenacity
    Xegony
    Task lock
    # May 31 2017 at 1:27 PM Rating: Excellent
    ddraigoch wrote:
    Task locks when you investigate NE ramp (after step 2).

    Edited, May 30th 2017 10:49pm by ddraigoch


    Thanks, added.
    before the siege
    # Mar 12 2017 at 5:10 AM Rating: Good
    *
    100 posts
    NPC:s can be buffed before you start, will help later.

    Warleader can be tanked in his corner. He has like 3,5 million hitpoints and max hit was 23 k.
    Warleader casts Tendon Cut (snare), Bladed Fury, a 43 K AE, Stunning strike, single knockback, and Sarnak Finesse (increased chance to riposte).

    First attempt to pull him, we accidently pulled most of the adds too, down to one of the sides of the ramp. They got stuck there.

    The 4 hunters were darkblue to a lvl 105 - and too hard for us, as they were not mezzable. There is no second chance. Any survivors gets kicked out from mission.

    After waiting more than 20 minutes outside, at Denik, the corpses had still not popped, they're still in the (no longer ongoing) mission....




    Edited, Mar 12th 2017 7:36am by Spirittallker
    before the siege
    # Mar 15 2017 at 3:55 PM Rating: Excellent
    Spirittallker wrote:
    NPC:s can be buffed before you start, will help later.

    Warleader can be tanked in his corner. He has like 3,5 million hitpoints and max hit was 23 k.
    Warleader casts Tendon Cut (snare), Bladed Fury, a 43 K AE, Stunning strike, single knockback, and Sarnak Finesse (increased chance to riposte).

    First attempt to pull him, we accidently pulled most of the adds too, down to one of the sides of the ramp. They got stuck there.

    The 4 hunters were darkblue to a lvl 105 - and too hard for us, as they were not mezzable. There is no second chance. Any survivors gets kicked out from mission.

    After waiting more than 20 minutes outside, at Denik, the corpses had still not popped, they're still in the (no longer ongoing) mission....




    Edited, Mar 12th 2017 7:36am by Spirittallker


    Thanks, added info to quest and to Warleader's NPC page.
    Mobs, Hp, Hits for? Special attacks?
    # Feb 06 2017 at 11:54 AM Rating: Default
    22 posts
    I see no information , just blah blah blah.

    What do the mobs hit for? Min, Max. Special Attacks?
    Warleader ?
    4 x a hunter ?
    Stragegy on hunters?
    ie. can tank take 1 mob, while a warrior aoe aggro's the other 3 and kites with bard speed selo's?? tank then peels mobs 1 by 1 as war kites around?



    Edited, Feb 6th 2017 12:58pm by BladesingerBristlebane
    Mobs, Hp, Hits for? Special attacks?
    # Feb 07 2017 at 8:27 AM Rating: Excellent
    BladesingerBristlebane wrote:
    I see no information , just blah blah blah.

    What do the mobs hit for? Min, Max. Special Attacks?
    Warleader ?
    4 x a hunter ?
    Stragegy on hunters?
    ie. can tank take 1 mob, while a warrior aoe aggro's the other 3 and kites with bard speed selo's?? tank then peels mobs 1 by 1 as war kites around?



    Edited, Feb 6th 2017 12:58pm by BladesingerBristlebane


    Give us a parse of this event and we'll update the NPC's with all the info.
    Suggestion.
    # Feb 06 2017 at 11:47 AM Rating: Decent
    22 posts
    Have 1 Tank, 1 Warrior, 1 Bard, 1 healer.... This is a suggestion only. As the 4 inc, have the Warrior, Use his Hp and mitigation discs, and Area Taunt the **** out of the 4 mobs, Have the Bard Selos and Lev the warrior. then, have the warrior drag the 4 mobs off... But have the TANK, peel the mobs 1 x 1 off of the kiting Warrior, who is chain Selo's by the bard whenever he runs past.... Kill the four? Would this work?

    wiped twice
    # Jan 03 2017 at 4:11 PM Rating: Decent
    26 posts
    Got to the ambush part and those mobs wiped my crew. Is there a strategy for these? They con blue but hit like Named.

    They right on top of Tsaph. Should we position away from him and try to pull some off him?

    Help please.
    wiped twice
    # Jan 04 2017 at 3:48 PM Rating: Excellent
    Rekien wrote:
    Got to the ambush part and those mobs wiped my crew. Is there a strategy for these? They con blue but hit like Named.

    They right on top of Tsaph. Should we position away from him and try to pull some off him?

    Help please.


    You have a chanter in your group? They should be able to knock the mobs back so you can at least take on one at a time.
    Hum how Daybreak
    # Dec 26 2016 at 5:26 PM Rating: Good
    Sage
    Avatar
    *
    165 posts
    "Go fight sarnak soldiers in the NE part of the zone."

    Ok wrong info above no need to kill just run up to the sarnak leader at the cave entrance for update

    Find the cause of the quiet in the hills outside the city 0/1
    All of the beasts and giants in the hills outside of the city have gone into hiding. There must be a reason for this, and Tsaph would like you to find out what that reason is.

    So take your group to So E corner entrance to Scorched woods and leave one person behind to do the hail after you get the update upon approaching the war leaders position.

    Defend Tsaph
    Buff her first with single person strength and healing buffs.

    Edited, Dec 26th 2016 7:36pm by Meesay
    Hum how Daybreak
    # Dec 27 2016 at 2:12 AM Rating: Good
    **
    943 posts
    Thanks, I updated the quest text accordingly.
    Hum how Daybreak
    # Dec 26 2016 at 5:06 PM Rating: Good
    Sage
    Avatar
    *
    165 posts
    Average group we do ok, .
    Another oddly created Mission seems Daybreak maybe is only thinking of raid equipped groups

    Edited, Dec 26th 2016 8:00pm by Meesay
    Defemd\Tsaph
    # Dec 11 2016 at 1:27 PM Rating: Decent
    Avatar
    *
    131 posts
    If Tsaph Katta dies, you fail the mission. Anyone have any ideas on how to win this one without being able to use cc?
    Immune
    # Dec 04 2016 at 5:28 PM Rating: Decent
    *
    221 posts
    The mobs at the Defend Tsaph, Defend the eastern breach and Defend the northern breach steps are all immune to mez and changes in runspeed.
    Immune
    # Dec 05 2016 at 9:04 AM Rating: Excellent
    undeadmasters wrote:
    The mobs at the Defend Tsaph, Defend the eastern breach and Defend the northern breach steps are all immune to mez and changes in runspeed.


    Thanks, added.
    Post Comment

    Free account required to post

    You must log in or create an account to post messages.