A Feather in the Wind  

Quest Started By:Description:
Where:
Who:
Rating:
*****
Information:
Level:95
Maximum Level:115
Monster Mission:No
Repeatable:No
Can Be Shrouded?:No
Quest Type:Quest
Time Limit:06:00:00
Success Lockout Timer: 03:00:00
Quest Items:
Era:The Broken Mirror
Recommended:
Group Size:Solo
Min. # of Players:1
Max. # of Players:6
Appropriate Classes:
    Appropriate Races:
      Entered: Thu Dec 3 00:58:29 2015
      Modified: Sun Sep 8 00:51:10 2019
      Hail Bokon Karass use keyword assistance

      This will assign you the group task A feather in the wind.

      Task Steps

      • Speak with merchants of Sul Vius, they may have heard about the feather 0/1
      • Find and talk to the new comber described by the merchant 0/1
      • Force Kerath Punox to tell you what he knows 0/1
      • Talk to citizens in the city center, see if they know anything about thieves 0/1
      • Seek out thieves in the city area called the Heights in the north east 0/1
      • Follow the clue you found 0/1
      • Beat up the thief 0/1
      • And the minions 0/2
      • Looks like the thieves had the feather, get it 0/1
      • Give the feather to Bokon Karass. Or you could… 0/1


      (Opt) Quiz Bokon Karass about the peacock feather, if you aren’t too concerned how he might respond 0/1

      Hail Bokon and say 'feather'

      Bokon Karass says 'This is not something I can discuss with you. Hopefully you will be satisfied knowing it is one of the keys to our religion and ceremonies. The peacock is sacred to our goddess, and some of their feathers are especially blessed, such as the one you seek.'

      Your task 'A Feather in the Wind' has been updated

      (Opt) Talk to Tarl and let him know that the thieves are dead and probably out of the business of selling stolen goods 0/1
      (Opt) Or you could sell the feather to Kerath, regardless of how the Bokon might react 0/1

      Hand the feather to kerath

      Kerath Punox says ' Interesting. I do not wish to know where you found this, but I will reluctantly reward you for its recovery. I may know someone that can put this to use. I don't suppose you know what this is? It is a key to the crypts below this city. Yes, I most certainly do know someone that can find a use for this. Thank you.

      Your task 'A Feather in the Wind' has been updated
      Your shared task 'A Feather in the Wind', has ended


      Head to the merchant area. During the early day the merchants are in there booths. The afternoons they retire to their houses.


      It has been noted that the optional parts can cause you to fail (need verification).


      -----------

      A more developed write-up of the quest as provided by Hakir:

      Keyword to request is "assistance"

      1. Speak to the merchants of Sul Vius, they may have heard about the feather.

        Head to the main level. Say "feather" to a merchant around the central pit. You can be invisible and get update. You may have to talk to more than 1 merchant. Merchants are in their place from 7am to 12 noon.

      2. Find and talk to the newcomer described by the merchant.

        Hail Kerath Punox, the Heroic Adventures NPC, in the eastern zone on the main level, just as you go into that area.

      3. Force Kerath Punox to tell you what she knows.

        Attack Kerath Punox and fight her to 30%. Move away from her once task update or you might get aggro, especially if you used dots and they are still on her after task updates.

      4. Talk to the citizens in the city center, see if they know anything about thieves.

        Hail "an admired citizen" for task update. It is on main level, around the central pit.

      5. Seek out these thieves in the city area called the Heights in the north east.

        Head into the eastern area, follow the path/road all the way to the very end of this area. Go behind the building at the very end of the path for task update. /loc 300, -260.

      6. Follow the clue you found.

        Use your find button and get a yellow path or a red x on your map for an intrepid thief. Mine was behind the main building on main level, furthest north on the map (I had to use my map and had the red X). I got to close to the thief, he aggroed and spawned his 2 adds. You might just be able to attack him and progress to the next step or you may have to hail him.

      7. Beat up the thief.

        He has an AE corruption which is mean. Loot the feather which is on him

      8. And the minions.

        Have to kill his 2 minions.

      9. Looks like the thieves had the feather, get it.

        Loot feather from the intrepid thief.

      10. Give the feather to Bokon Karass. Or you could...

      I gave it to Bokon. All I have read says that if you do anything else, you fail the task. If you try it (hail Bokon, sell it to Kerath or talk to Tarl, good luck and let us know how it went :)



      XP, 300 platinum, 667 remnants of tranquility
      Submitted by: Hakir, Veludeus
      Rewards:
      Send a Correction
      Post Comment
      speaking with the merchants
      # Feb 26 2018 at 11:00 AM Rating: Decent
      Scholar
      34 posts
      1 speak to the merchants of Sul Vius, they may have heard about the feather.

      Head to the main level. Say "feather" to a merchant around the central pit. You can be invisible and get update. You may have to talk to more than 1 merchant. Merchants are in their place from 7am to 12 noon.

      I could not get any of the merchants to talk to me, was i in the wrong area? I was where merchants are on the map all around in kind of a circle.
      speaking with the merchants
      # Dec 20 2018 at 11:23 PM Rating: Decent
      14 posts
      you don't need to be invis and I don't think you can get the update if the merchant can't see you; the merchants you need to talk to are in the non-kos part of the zone, around the central pit; if it's not the right merchant they'll still respond
      opt parts
      # Jun 25 2016 at 3:55 PM Rating: Default
      42 posts
      (opt) Or you could sell the feather to Kerath, regardless of how the Bokon might react 0/1 Sul Vious : Demiplane of Life

      hand the feather to kerath

      Kerath Punox says ' Interesting. I do not wish to know where you found this, but I will reluctantly reward you for its recovery. I may know someone that can put this to use. I don't suppose you know what this is? It is a key to the crypts below this city. Yes, I most certainly do know someone that can find a use for this. Thank you.
      Your task 'A Feather in the Wind' has been updated
      Your shared task 'A Feather in the Wind', has ended

      upon turn in to Kerath of the feather she hands you a 'Mortician's Shovel' .. the same used in a previous task to dig up a grave and automatically ends the task without giving completion credit on your /ach window
      opt parts
      # Jun 25 2016 at 2:49 PM Rating: Default
      42 posts
      (opt) Quiz Bokon Karass about the peacock feather, if you aren't to concerned about how he might respond 0/1 Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life

      hail bokon and say 'feather'
      Bokon Karass says 'This is not something I can discuss with you. Hopefully you will be satisfied knowing it is one of the keys to our religion and ceremonies. The peacock is sacred to our goddess, and some of their feathers are especially blessed, such as the one you seek.'
      Your task 'A Feather in the Wind' has been updated
      opt parts
      # Jun 26 2016 at 12:31 AM Rating: Good
      BlarrDarkmist wrote:
      (opt) Or you could sell the feather to Kerath, regardless of how the Bokon might react 0/1 Sul Vious : Demiplane of Life

      hand the feather to kerath

      Kerath Punox says ' Interesting. I do not wish to know where you found this, but I will reluctantly reward you for its recovery. I may know someone that can put this to use. I don't suppose you know what this is? It is a key to the crypts below this city. Yes, I most certainly do know someone that can find a use for this. Thank you.
      Your task 'A Feather in the Wind' has been updated
      Your shared task 'A Feather in the Wind', has ended

      upon turn in to Kerath of the feather she hands you a 'Mortician's Shovel' .. the same used in a previous task to dig up a grave and automatically ends the task without giving completion credit on your /ach window


      BlarrDarkmist wrote:
      (opt) Quiz Bokon Karass about the peacock feather, if you aren't to concerned about how he might respond 0/1 Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life

      hail bokon and say 'feather'
      Bokon Karass says 'This is not something I can discuss with you. Hopefully you will be satisfied knowing it is one of the keys to our religion and ceremonies. The peacock is sacred to our goddess, and some of their feathers are especially blessed, such as the one you seek.'
      Your task 'A Feather in the Wind' has been updated


      Thanks, updated.
      ____________________________
      Volunteer Allakhazam Developer and Admin

      For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/gidono

      To make a Donation directly to me.
      https://paypal.me/Gidono
      So far I have received 2 donations.
      Can't get the quest
      # Jun 04 2016 at 10:14 AM Rating: Decent
      Scholar
      30 posts
      When I speak to him he says "You are ignorant of the Goddess and the Bokon, so I will forgive your intrusion, but only if you leave here at once."

      What pre-flag quest is needed? I do have the mirror fragment of Anashti Sul.
      Can't get the quest
      # Jun 25 2016 at 2:51 PM Rating: Default
      42 posts
      you need to do the mayor parts first
      Thieves
      # May 18 2016 at 3:15 AM Rating: Decent
      5 posts
      Thieves are not splitable, although the blue cons are mezzable, the task bugged when I tanked 2/3 and mezzed one, I only received kill credit for 2/3.
      Bugged
      # Jan 30 2016 at 3:39 PM Rating: Default
      35 posts
      I didn't do any optional steps at all and I was bugged on the 6th step. I didn't get a path to follow any clue. ARGH.
      ____________________________
      The Amazing Mistress Akansha!
      Bugged
      # Feb 09 2016 at 6:57 PM Rating: Decent
      Scholar
      *
      123 posts
      That task of the step creates an entry on /find.

      If the path is not provided automatically, one can Ctrl + F to get a path to the thief.
      ____________________________
      The Rathe / Prexus
      Krosar Shadowflame - 105 Necro
      Rasork - 105 Druid
      Imacatlol - 105 Bard
      Yaldax Toknight - 105 Rogue
      Savi Yorr - 105 Paladin
      Bugged
      # Jan 30 2016 at 3:38 PM Rating: Default
      35 posts
      I didn't do any optional steps at all and I was bugged on the 6th step. I didn't get a path to follow any clue. ARGH.
      ____________________________
      The Amazing Mistress Akansha!
      keyword and quest info
      # Jan 07 2016 at 2:04 PM Rating: Excellent
      *
      100 posts
      Keyword to request is "assistance"

      1 speak to the merchants of Sul Vius, they may have heard about the feather.

      Head to the main level. Say "feather" to a merchant around the central pit. You can be invisible and get update. You may have to talk to more than 1 merchant. Merchants are in their place from 7am to 12 noon.

      2 find and talk to the newcomer described by the merchant.

      Hail Kerath Punox, the Heroic Adventures NPC, in the eastern zone on the main level, just as you go into that area.

      3 force Kerath Punox to tell you what she knows.

      Attack Kerath Punox and fight her to 30%. Move away from her once task update or you might get aggro, especially if you used dots and they are still on her after task updates.

      4 talk to the citizens in the city center, see if they know anything about thieves.

      Hail "an admired citizen" for task update. It is on main level, around the central pit.

      5 seek out these thieves in the city area called the Heights in the north east.

      Head into the eastern area, follow the path/road all the way to the very end of this area. Go behind the building at the very end of the path for task update.

      6 follow the clue you found.

      Use your find button and get a yellow path or a red x on your map for an intrepid thief. Mine was behind the main building on main level, furthest north on the map (I had to use my map and had the red X). I got to close to the thief, he aggroed and spawned his 2 adds. You might just be able to attack him and progress to the next step or you may have to hail him.

      7 beat up the thief.

      He has an AE corruption which is mean. Loot the feather which is on him

      8 and the minions.

      Have to kill his 2 minions.

      9 looks like the thieves had the feather, get it.

      Loot feather from the intrepid thief.

      10 give the feather to Bokon Karass. Or you could...

      I gave it to Bokon. All I have read says that if you do anything else, you fail the task. If you try it (hail Bokon, sell it to Kerath or talk to Tarl, good luck and let us know how it went :)



      XP, 300 platinum, 667 remnants of tranquility

      Edited, Jan 7th 2016 3:06pm by Hakir

      Edited, Jan 7th 2016 3:28pm by Hakir
      keyword and quest info
      # Jan 12 2016 at 6:13 PM Rating: Excellent
      Avatar
      ****
      4,580 posts
      Hakir wrote:
      Keyword to request is "assistance"

      1 speak to the merchants of Sul Vius, they may have heard about the feather.

      Head to the main level. Say "feather" to a merchant around the central pit. You can be invisible and get update. You may have to talk to more than 1 merchant. Merchants are in their place from 7am to 12 noon.

      2 find and talk to the newcomer described by the merchant.

      Hail Kerath Punox, the Heroic Adventures NPC, in the eastern zone on the main level, just as you go into that area.

      3 force Kerath Punox to tell you what she knows.

      Attack Kerath Punox and fight her to 30%. Move away from her once task update or you might get aggro, especially if you used dots and they are still on her after task updates.

      4 talk to the citizens in the city center, see if they know anything about thieves.

      Hail "an admired citizen" for task update. It is on main level, around the central pit.

      5 seek out these thieves in the city area called the Heights in the north east.

      Head into the eastern area, follow the path/road all the way to the very end of this area. Go behind the building at the very end of the path for task update.

      6 follow the clue you found.

      Use your find button and get a yellow path or a red x on your map for an intrepid thief. Mine was behind the main building on main level, furthest north on the map (I had to use my map and had the red X). I got to close to the thief, he aggroed and spawned his 2 adds. You might just be able to attack him and progress to the next step or you may have to hail him.

      7 beat up the thief.

      He has an AE corruption which is mean. Loot the feather which is on him

      8 and the minions.

      Have to kill his 2 minions.

      9 looks like the thieves had the feather, get it.

      Loot feather from the intrepid thief.

      10 give the feather to Bokon Karass. Or you could...

      I gave it to Bokon. All I have read says that if you do anything else, you fail the task. If you try it (hail Bokon, sell it to Kerath or talk to Tarl, good luck and let us know how it went :)



      XP, 300 platinum, 667 remnants of tranquility

      Edited, Jan 7th 2016 3:06pm by Hakir

      Edited, Jan 7th 2016 3:28pm by Hakir


      Updated, thanks.
      Guide and Side Note
      # Dec 17 2015 at 3:56 PM Rating: Excellent
      *
      223 posts
      https://naroggsplace.wordpress.com/eq-a-feather-in-the-wind/

      Note: Don't do the optional steps. Daybroken had the wonderful idea of thinking it would be comedic to put in option steps at the end that cause the task to FAIL. Which means you have to repeat the entire task all over again.
      Guide and Side Note
      # Dec 22 2015 at 9:11 AM Rating: Excellent
      Avatar
      ****
      4,580 posts
      undeadmasters wrote:
      https://naroggsplace.wordpress.com/eq-a-feather-in-the-wind/

      Note: Don't do the optional steps. Daybroken had the wonderful idea of thinking it would be comedic to put in option steps at the end that cause the task to FAIL. Which means you have to repeat the entire task all over again.



      Narogg does a great job, thanks for the link.
      Post Comment

      Free account required to post

      You must log in or create an account to post messages.