|Quest Started By:||Description:|
In the southeastern part of Yxtta, the Pulpit of Exiles, is a network of caverns known as the Primal Caves. The "door" to this area (a clickable section of rock) can be unlocked for a period of 3.5 hours by solving 12 number-related riddles.
Each Click 'Temple': The Totems Involved
For your "yxtta.txt" map file:
P 1304, -955, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 1
P 1304, -904, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 2
P 1368, -698, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 3
P 1369, -647, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 4
P 1306, -454, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 5
P 1301, -403, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 6
P 829, -955, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 12
P 829, -904, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 11
P 768, -698, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 10
P 765, -647, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 9
P 828, -455, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 8
P 826, -403, -420, 240, 240, 240, 1, 7
The Click Positions
Solving the Riddles
To get the first riddle, click any one of the 12 idols (circled in above image). You'll see an emoted riddle whose answer is a number from 1-12. To answer the riddle, click the totem of the corresponding number. When you do this, you get another emoted riddle. Repeat again until you've completed all 12 riddles (one for each number).
NOTE: You need to wait at least 60 seconds in between clicks, otherwise you may not get a new riddle (this, even though you may have clicked the correct totem).
Three possible riddles for each number:
- Beginnings new, the months refreshed, the youngest of us, I am but a babe.
- As far as needle is concerned. I am indeed in the right, and only just.
- With the sun at its highest, everyone takes refuge. I am the first to come out after the time of rest.
- Of Trushar I am the loved the most. To find me, you must understand the element and know the signs
- The lodestone seeks me not, but always drifts near, as near as the sunrise.
- I am second of us, but not the least, it is time that tells all, I hear it next.
- Read your lodestone and you will find that I am sinister of the sunrise, but only just.
- I am 6 under noon.
- Trushor's servants, of tail and fin, I am their sign. Seek me within.
- If time flies, add are to thee then move on to me.
- Peril I am not, Remove the second in me and give me the first in aid, and with but little confusion I can be found
- Where your magnet points I will not be found. Seek me just beyond the sunrise.
- As each month passes, so I may
- If my clock had your digits, I would be this.
- I can bear a load of any stone, but have only one eye to see. Remove one of the majority of this eye from what you see.
- You may find yourself in a pinch, should you fail to sea my sign.
- You lay arrow straight, your face to face, find me at your right foot.
- Seeking news of me, up and down. Tradition has me down, but the rising sun uplifts my spirits ever so slightly.
- Spin your compass as you will, I shall be the rear still
- Half past six, there are no tricks
- I am the month of a pair and hand.
- My time is at the end of light and the edge of night
- If our schedules match, you shall find me in the most dignified company.
- Be certain of your heading and make for the place twixt the sunset and the tail of the lodestone
- Creatures of Trushar are often protected by those that are my symbol.
- The river flows to be cradled in the sea. Time flows, but is lost. when is it devoured
- Face the setting sun and you will feel the heat of my presence. You grow colder as you follow guidance of the lodestone.
- I am the hour that exists betwixt twice two primes
- My aged father is the sun, my least cousin the lodestone
- I am eight in name, but not in sequence
- When the needle is lessened by a triple net of degrees you shall find me.
- It is your style and your gnomon that will help you find me. I am the hour of the sum of the constituents of relative term of terms.
- I am the month that brings most of somthing new and a large portion of reminiscences
- If you are disarmed, watch your blade fall. Where it leads will answer all.
- I come last and in number am the greatest, yet when I have passed and all of my kind haven ended, I return in part in the number that follows me
- When brightest day and darkest night are indistinguishable.
If you fail a riddle (click an incorrect totem), two golems spawn and attack you:
The ground shakes slightly; in the distance you hear the sound of heavy footsteps.
These each hit for a max ~1,200. Their aggro can be faded, but see invisibility.
Upon first click, you see:
If you are worthy to worship Trushar, then you may open the way. If you are unworthy, then you shall perish under the hands of his servants' servants. Choose your path of worship wisely.
Once the riddles are completed, the "door" to the Primal Caves unlocks and remains unlocked for 3.5 hours:
The sound of crumbling stones can be heard audibly in the distance.
About the Primal Caves
Inside the Primal Caves is a "Vrex High Priest" who sheds some insight into the Primal Caves and the creatures within them:
You say, 'Hail, Vrex High Priest'
Vrex High Priest says 'Stay back from us, stranger, or we shall destroy you. You are not what we were expecting. It is obvious that you are not one of the [invaders], but it is also obvious that you are not one of us. Were this any other situation, I would have you destroyed for stepping foot in this place. However, you were able to get past the [monoliths] and open the great door, so you must at least be knowledgeable of the ways of [Trushar].'
You say, 'What invaders?'
Vrex High Priest says 'Those Muramite creatures came through the gate at incredible speed and in such great numbers that it was impossible to stop them. Many of our friends and family were killed. Only we few were able to escape behind the monoliths. No others survived. I know little of the invaders, except that none of them has set foot in these caves.'
You say, 'What about the monoliths?'
Vrex High Priest says 'Our ancestors discovered these caverns near our great temple ages ago. Many generations were spent devising and building the device that guards these caves. So many years went into the creation of that device that we had little time to make these caves livable and clear out the [creatures] that live here. In fact, supplies are short here.'
You say, 'Who is Trushar?'
Vrex High Priest moves her left hand in a brief sign as if by habit and mutters, 'May he destroy all those not of his choosing.' She then raises her head to you and says, 'You have not the right to speak of him. We have never had a need to see our god, but we pray -- always. We pray for all of those ignorant enough to disregard the strength and power of Trushar, the ocean god. Our pathetic brethren turned from Trushar long ago. Fools! This may not have happened had they remained true. You should follow our ways. If you do not, you are no better than those Nihil and deserve to die, lest Trushar become angry and bring his wrath upon us once again.'
You say, 'What creatures?'
Vrex High Priest says 'The insects and reptiles you see around you are natural to these caverns. But beware, something has come into them. They have gained a spirit, a power to manifest the very essence of what they are. I believe that this has happened because of their generations long exposure to the influence and magic that we trusik used in the creation of the monoliths. Each of them has claimed a portion of these caves as their own. Since we have been trapped here we were once forced to kill the Primal Spider, as she desired a new flesh to eat. When dispatched, her spirit rejoined with those of her species in these caves. Soon enough the eldest spider took on the form of the Primal Spider.'
|Submitted by: Some early adventurers at thesafehouse.org|
|Send a Correction|