An Epic Request (Cleric)  

Quest Started By:Description:
Where:
Who:
Rating:
*****
(From 1 rating)
Information:
Level:100
Maximum Level:110
Monster Mission:No
Repeatable:Yes
Can Be Shrouded?:No
Quest Type:Task
Quest Goal:
  • Experience
  • Loot
Success Lockout Timer: 20:00:00
Quest Items:
Related Zones:
Related Quests:
Era:Rain of Fear
Recommended:
Group Size:Solo
Min. # of Players:1
Max. # of Players:1
Appropriate Classes:
Appropriate Races:
  • All
Entered: Sun Mar 17 11:53:08 2013
Modified: Fri Sep 22 16:39:13 2017
This task begins with Lady Carolline of Thex in Northern Felwithe. She is located at 0, -170 (on the balcony overlooking the entrance: you can use the Find Feature, CTRL+F, to get to her).



Initiating the Task

You say, 'Hail, Lady Carolline of Thex'

Lady Carolline of Thex smiles, trying to hide an obvious air of sadness, 'Greetings adventurer, such a lovely day isn't it?' The pained look on her face clearly gives away that something is [wrong].

You say, 'What's wrong?'

Lady Carolline of Thex says 'Wrong? Oh, nothing really. My beloved is off again on some [excursion] and has yet to return. I'm quite sure he will be fine though. How I miss our adventures together, the time we would spend exploring the hidden beauty of Norrath. We were especially fond of [Antonica].'

You say, 'Why were you fond of Antonica?'

Lady Carolline of Thex says 'A lovely land, despite the efforts of humans to ruin it...' The Koada`Dal's smile becomes more sincere. 'Lake Rathetear, oh the [stories] I could share of moonlit nights sitting on the docks. The noble aviaks keeping ardent guard over the sacred flame, the sunken towers and legend of the Megalodon...' She sighs and looks up to the sky.'

You say, 'What stories could you share?'

Lady Carolline of Thex blinks and looks back to you, her demeanor changing. 'Tell you what stranger, you come up with an [interesting tale] to distract me from my boredom, and I'll see if I can find something to [reward] you for your effort.'

You say, 'What reward would that be?'

Lady Carolline of Thex says 'Hmm, already pondering your riches before the effort of imagination? I suppose not many adventurers care to put any effort into their journeys these days.' The young high elf sighs. 'Anyway, what you will be rewarded with is something befitting a _____ such as yourself.'

You say, 'I have an interesting tale to tell'

Lady Carolline of Thex says, 'Something grand, truly epic and interesting! Just let me know when you've thought of a suitable story.'

You have been assigned the task 'An Epic Request'.

Be sure to carry your epic artifact with you!



Explore Locations

NOTE: There are 16 "explore" locations. Each location represents one class and, for that one class, will trigger an event. The other 15 classes only need to explore the location.

Explore the Stage of Baladric's Symphony 0/1 (Dreadlands)

Task Window Says: Baldric Slezaf's tale is the pursuance of impossible beauty -- a symphony to rival the works of Ayonae Ro.

/loc 780, 9690, 1070 (valley with the portals -- in a pyramid near Baldric Slezaf). For non-Bards, this is a simple location update. For Bards, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Valley of McArik's Reflection 0/1 (Lake of Ill Omen)

Task Window Says: Keras McArik stands stoic in a valley east of what was once Veksar.

/loc -225, -3535, 235 (near Keras McArik, due east of the center of the lake, near the zone boundary). For non-Berserkers, this is a simple location update. For Berserkers, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Depths Behind the Scaled Mystics 0/1 (East Cabilis)

Task Window Says: Beneath the Scaled Mystics' Temple lies a rather complex series of tunnels.

/loc 940, -450, -22 (in the halls under the Shadow Knight, Beastlord, and Shaman guild). For non-Enchanters, this is a simple location update. For Enchanters, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Outer Remnants of Torsis' Dark Mantle 0/1 (Emerald Jungle)

Task Window Says: Standing just outside the ruins of Torsis you can feel the intense spiritual void that caused the city's downfall.

/loc 295, -2000, -322 (at the entrance to City of Mist). For non-Shamans, this is a simple location update. For Shamans, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Oasis in a Deserted Sea 0/1 (Timorous Deep)

Task Window Says: In a sea of desolate islands stands one secluded, sacred paradise.

/loc -11550, -1710, 13 (in the walled isle where the Cleric 2.0 final battle is held and the triggered Faydedar is located). For non-Clerics, this is a simple location update. For Clerics, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Bloody, Forgotten Trail of Hate's First Knight 0/1 (North Ro)

Task Window Says: When Lhranc returned to Freeport to exact vengeance upon his brother, Glohnor, he took a particular trail into the city.

/loc 9625, 520, 25 (entrance to the Freeport Sewers in the very far northwest corner of the zone). For non-Shadow Knights, this is a simple location update. For Shadow Knights, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Orbital Children of Ro 0/1 (West Freeport)

Task Window Says: There are not many locations on Norrath where you can see Drinal, Luclin, Anbeal, Trorsmang, Cordon, and Ro all at once.

/loc -185, -940, 20 (a study hall in arcane tower, near entrance to Arcstone). For non-Wizards, this is a simple location update. For Wizards, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Plains of the Legendary Pegasus 0/1 (South Karana)

Task Window Says: Many people are amazed at the constructive feats of the Aviaks. How such noble but simple creatures were able to create such a majestic tower is still a mystery.

/loc -6745, 1065, 6 (Aviak's treehouse, just north of zone-in from Lake Rathetear). For non-Magicians, this is a simple location update. For Magicians, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Cusp of the Unkempt Border 0/1 (Jaggedpine Forest)

Task Window Says: The Hatchling River is perhaps the most recognizable boundary between the relative safety of the Jaggedpine and the forbidden jungle.

/loc +1000, -2120, -6 (near the broken zone line, east zone wall). For non-Druids, this is a simple location update. For Druids, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Crossroads of Taelosia and Antonica 0/1 (Nedaria's Landing)

Task Window Says: A small family of bears has taken residence in the caves where Nideno Eliagy hides.

/loc 1400, -450 (mouth of the bear caves in the northeast). For non-Rangers, this is a simple location update. For Rangers, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Forgotten Road of the Legendary Lich 0/1 (Everfrost Peaks)

Task Window Says: Many have searched to expose secrets of Miragul's Highway only to discover more questions than answers...

/loc 4730, -4150, -94 (underwater tunnels in the north-central part of the zone -- center room at the hidden portal, north wall). For non-Necromancers, this is a simple location update. For Necromancers, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore Fizzlethrope's Gallery 0/1 (Plane of Mischief)

Task Window Says: 'Seek the walls adorned with Fizzlethorpe's visage within a single chest sits atop a pedestal.'

/loc 20, -390, 125 (first room in the castle). For non-Rogues, this is a simple location update. For Rogues, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Sanctum of the Tortured God 0/1 (Acrylia Caverns)

Task Window Says: Legend has it that Khati Sha, first Vah Shir Beastlord, became the subject of a failed Ssraeshzaen experiment to bestow godhood among a mortal being.

This updates at the zone-in. For non-Beastlords, this is a simple location update. For Beastlords, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Site of the Ancient Games 0/1 (Butcherblock Mountains)

Task Window Says: Not far from Greater Faydark, tucked away in the hills, is an ancient stone board. Its origins remain a mystery...

/loc 700, -2350, 11 (at the chessboard north of the Greater Faydark zone). For non-Warriors, this is a simple location update. For Warriors, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Master's Worldly Keep 0/1 (Castle Mistmoore)

Task Window Says: Faydwer is not home to many beings called 'The Master'. So it should be no surprise that a trip to the castle of Mayong Mistmoore is in order.

This updates at the zone-in. For non-Paladins, this is a simple location update. For Paladins, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Explore the Ascended Home of Wun and Po 0/1 (Plane of Sky)

Task Window Says: Having ascended past their worldly existence, Wu and Po serve in the training grounds under the watchful eye of the Wyrm Queen.

This updates at the zone-in. For non-Monks, this is a simple location update. For Monks, this initiates an event (for class event details, see the next section in this writeup).

Recount your tale to Lady Carolline 0/1 (Northern Felwithe)

Hail her for the final update.



The Event: Summary

(Summary needed, including task steps, mechanics, what types of spells to use on which mobs, etc.)

Note: The event will require usage of your epic weapon, so have it on you at all times.



The Event: In Detail

With this task, you will have to zone via the boats rather than using the translocator in Butcherblock.

Translocator Gethia says 'Hello there, _____. You look like you are on an important adventure. I have some wonderful news from the Academy of Arcane Sciences! The Maiden's Voyage has once again resumed sailing between Timorous Deep and Firiona Vie. To board the great ship simply take one of the local shuttles.'

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.

This journey must be travelled alone. For now you must leave your allies behind. (This includes your mercenary.)

The gentle ebb and flow of the deep serves as a quiet backdrop to your meditations. Across the small sea of ruins is the holy site of the Triumvirate of Water. You close your eyes and contemplate the adventures that brought you here when the words of a nearly forgotten note cross your mind...

Greetings Overking Bathezid. The time has come for you to return the boon owed to me from so long ago...'

You have been assigned the task 'Balance of the Triumvirate'.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Burning Woods.

This is the first of several monster missions in which you inhabit the body of Zordakalicus. You begin in Sarnak form.

General Bathezid says 'Zordakalicus the Flame Serpent, you honor us with your presence. Your courier has briefed me on the situation as well as Jaled Dar's orders.'

You say, 'Hail, General Bathezid'

Ikros Fer says 'Indeed, an army of one hundred strong has set out from their little outpost in the Karnor and will be here within the hour.'

General Bathezid says 'They don't expect to win the ensuing battle. It is no surprise that they are desperate for reinforcements.'

General Serokust says 'If they intend to test the mettle of the Di`Zok then I say we let them. The lizards are no threat to our noble blood.'

General Bathezid says 'Individually no, but you forget our numbers, general.'

Ikros Fer says 'Our leader has spared two of his finest warriors and their squires to hold the keep against the lizards.'

General Serokust says 'Yet another debt to be repaid at the whim of his majesty the Dar?'

Ikros Fer says 'You will show some respect and gratitude to the Flame Serpent, general.'

General Serokust scowls at the drake and then looks toward you, 'Very well... sir.'

General Bathezid says 'Forgive us, many of my compatriots still hold the old grudges. Our blood burns the same as yours, tainted or not by that lizard's hand.'

The voice of a distant Sarnak calls out, 'Shadows on the horizon! Their forces draw near!'

General Bathezid shouts, 'Soldiers of Chardok, today we make our stand against our tormentors. We hold our ground with the aid of the Ring of Scale. Defend the gates with your lives so that this keep remain ours until the end of our lineage!'

General Bathezid tells you, 'Meet me upon the battlefield and stand with me against their commander. The sight of an elder dragon will surely unsettle their ranks.'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

a Hand of the Empire shouts 'Soldiers of Chardok, by Royal Decree of your lord, Emperor Ganak Sathir, son of your father Atrebe Sathir, you are ordered to surrender this keep and lay down your weapons. Those of you that do not resist will be enlisted to battle against the Ring of Scale. Those that survive will be given a station of honor as the empire's finest creation. Those who resist will become feed for the sokokar.'

General Bathezid turns to address his army, 'The lizards have made us their offer. Shall we serve as shields against the Ring of Scale or do we drive these lizards back to the Karnor!?'

a Sarnak flunkie shouts 'WE FIGHT!'

The Hand of the Empire laughs, 'How is it you so easily throw away the lives we gave you, serpentspawn?'

General Bathezid looks toward you and nods. He turns back toward the Iksar commander, 'Unexpected allies.'

General Bathezid draws his blade as you take the cue to shed your disguise.

Battle is joined as you take Dragon form. You have three spells to cast; Fear, Fire, and Heal, but not a great deal of mana. After the battle has been won...

Vekelrek calls out, 'Zordakalicus, our mission is almost complete. Return to us now.'

General Bathezid shouts 'We are eternally indebted to you both. Our victory would have been a massacre without your intervention. Though it will take some years for us to recoup our losses, our keep is secure.'

Vekelrek Sapara shouts 'Your debt is to the Ring of Scale, a debt that must be repaid before 'some years', general.'

General Bathezid is taken aback by the Vekelrek's words, 'Our forces are decimated. It would be the end of our empire to join another battle!'

Vekelrek Sapara turns toward Zordakalicus, 'Our orders were clear. Destroy the battalion from Karnor's and reclaim the lizard's creation for our ranks. It is only a matter of time before the halfbreeds crawl back to their parents.'

Zordakalicus rears back and roars, 'Their blood is our blood, you would send them to die!?'

Vekelrek Sapara shouts 'You would defy the Dar?'

Zordakalicus nods silently.

Vekelrek Sapara shouts 'Traitor! You will fall in the name of the Ring of Scale!'

Now begins a second battle between Zordakalicus and the dragon Vakelrek Sapara.

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

Vekelrek Sapara died.

General Bathezid says, 'Flame Serpent, the death of Vekelrek will soon reach the ears of the Ring. Where will you go?'

Zordakalicus says, 'I will abscond to the north lands and seek the tutelage of a god that does not turn brothers against one another.'

General Bathezid says, 'My kingdom remains in your debt.'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.

You find yourself on an island in northern Timorous Deep. You are leashed to the island (as you will be to others).

_____ has fallen to the ground.

You do not feel well.

You hear the sound of waves crashing against a shore...

You struggle fiercely but eventually manage to open your eyes.

Your head is wracked with pain that throbs to the pace of your heartbeat.

You muster the strength to stand up and survey your surroundings. You see no remnants or wreckage of your vessel.

You feel unusually weak. Your Water Sprinkler seems to be weighing you down more than normal.

Your thoughts turn away from distant memories and fever dreams to the problems at hand, how to get off of this island.

You sense faint remnants of life from the nearby ruins.

A spirit of the ruins materializes before you.

You say, 'How do I get off the island'

You think you hear voices calling out from the ruins - undead spirits that yearn to be sensed.

You begin casting Sense the Dead.
You sense undead in this direction.

You say, 'Hail, an echo of life'

an echo of life says 'The fearless Jarsath must be returned to the feet of the father.'

The spirit vanishes but another appears elsewhere on the island.

You begin casting Sense the Dead.
You sense undead in this direction.

You say, 'Hail, an echo of life'

an echo of life says 'Approach them both in guise they cannot see.'

The spirit vanishes but another appears elsewhere on the island.

You begin casting Sense the Dead.
You sense undead in this direction.

You say, 'Hail, an echo of life'

echo of life says 'Speak to them, sight unseen, the name of their tribe and your freedom shall follow.'

A mystical path appears before you.
You begin casting Group Perfected Invisibility to Undead.

You say, 'Jarsath'

Fearless Guardian says 'Escape for us is impossible, as this is our home it is our prison. For you however, freedom awaits. Carry your burden to your strange gods of the sea to find what encumbers you so...'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

You awaken on the beach.

Your illness appears to be getting worse.

Bandit Scout, Timothy jumps back, startled by your presence. He turns to his commander and shouts, 'G..G..Ghost!'

First Mate Dockins runs forward weapons drawn. He halts to look you over and turns to the scout, 'You idiot, this ain't no ghost.'

Bandit Scout, Timothy says 'Then how'd they appear out of thin air?'

First Mate Dockins says 'Must be one of them magic caster types.' The bandit turns to you, 'So stranger, what brings you to the outpost of the great Gunthak Pirates? Usually we have to go out looking for saps to rob, most people are smart enough to steer clear of us!'

Bandit Scout, Timothy laughs.

First Mate Dockins says 'You know the drill stranger, your [gold] or your [life].'

You say, 'What gold?'

First Mate Dockins beams with joy that slowly fades into disappointment as he looks you over. 'Bah, from the rags you're wearing I doubt you got anything worth stealing!'

Bandit Scout, Timothy says 'Wait boss, maybe they can help us with our [situation].'

First Mate Dockins glares at the scout.

You say, 'What situation?'

Bandit Scout, Timothy says 'Yeah, our captain's been struck with some terrible illness. No doubt these cursed ruins have infected 'em!'
First Mate Dockins nods, 'Yar, maybe some of your magic tricks could be of some use. Here's the deal stranger, you cure our captain and we'll get you off this rock. I don't rightly care where you're heading but away from here is no doubt closer to where that be. [Deal]?'

You say, 'Deal'

First Mate Dockins says 'Right then, our captain's over here.'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

First Mate Dockins looks toward you and speaks, 'He's in there stranger. Save him and you've got your freedom.'

You begin casting Reverent Light Rk. III.
Captain Gerrins looks a bit healthier.

You begin casting Reverent Light Rk. III
Captain Gerrins groans, his skin looks yellowed with disease.

You begin casting Reverent Light Rk. III.
Captain Gerrins seems to be regaining some of his strength but coughs up some vile green phlegm.

You begin casting Reverent Light Rk. III.
Captain Gerrins opens his eyes and begins shouting wildly, 'GHOSTS! DO YOU NOT SEE THEM!? CURSE OUR FOOLISHNESS IN TAKING THESE RUINS!'

The captain appears to be cursed with some terrible vision of ghosts. You may want to prepare yourself for battle before you continue curing him.

You begin casting Fraught Renewal Rk. II.
A brilliant beam of light shines out of the captain's mouth and takes the form of a cursed spirit!

Captain Gerrins says 'Yar, blasted spirits think they got the better of meh!?'

Vengeful Jarsath Spirit says 'Join ussss!'

Your Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh feels exceedingly heavy.

You crush Vengeful Jarsath Spirit for 406 points of damage.
Vengeful Jarsath Spirit died.

Captain Gerrins says 'What's the story with the healer?'

First Mate Dockins says 'They washed up on our shore and traded magic for passage.'

Captain Gerrins says 'Very well, a deal's a deal. Our raft's on the southern shore. Let's move out!'

First Mate Dockins says 'So soon captain, are you sure you're well enough?'

Captain Gerrins shrugs, 'You think a little ghost is gonna slow me down?'

Captain Gerrins says 'It's a short ride to our outpost. From there we'll commandeer a bigger vessel for the rest of our voyage. We'll drop you off on whatever island you fancy, healer.'

First Mate Dockins says 'Short trip or not we best be careful, the water's been unusually fierce. The gods seem irate.'

Bandit Scout, Timothy says 'Aye, something feels amiss...'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

An uneasy tiredness falls over you. You lay down to rest as the raft takes off.

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Nagafen's Lair.

This is another monster mission. You inhabit Zordak Ragefire as his pilgrimage takes him to the Northlands.

Zordak says, 'I have heard him through the voice of fire. His instructions were clear, we must seek allies in these troubling times. Lord Nagafen's parting from the brood was not unlike my own, we will surely find an ally in him. What dragon would hold council with giants if both were not loyal to the Tyrant?'

Laura Shima says, 'I don't think we're alone in our pilgrimage here.'

Gavon Malant, 'Many fresh footprints lead into the lair.'

Zordak says, 'Never a shortage of fools trudging to offer themselves as meals to Lord Nagafen.'

Jimmic Valon, 'I'm not so sure, people are more allied than they used to be. Teir`Dal and Feir`Dal coming together to take out the ancient lords and ladies. I don't like the looks of this...'

Laura Shima nods, 'Either way, we best watch our step.'

Zordak thinks for a moment then speaks, 'It is odd that the noble fire giant guards are not at their station. Let's go, keep your guard up.'

As you enter the hall you see the flayed body of a fire giant noble face down in the lava.

Gavon Malant says, 'Good god, the guards are slain! What kind of force could have done this?'

Zordak says, 'The flames of Fennin shall shield us from whatever darkness has crept into the Lord's chambers.'

The ancient portcullis screeches as it rises revealing the remnants of recent destruction.

Laura Shima retches, 'Slain... Nothing but bodies...'

Zordak says nothing, contemplating why Fennin would allow such horrific atrocities to befall his loyalists.

As you step across the bridge you look up to see that the giants were able to take out a few of the invaders.

Jimmic Valon says, 'We're close, the sweet smell of burning flesh is ripe.'

Gavon Malant says, 'What if Lord Nagafen has fallen? What then, Zordak?'

Zordak says, 'Mortals claiming the life of a dragon?'

Gavon Malant says, 'Stranger things have happened.'

Zordak says, 'We'll find our answer within his lair. Should the unthinkable have happened we will claim this site in the name of the Plasmatic Priesthood and go from there.'

The roar of the crowd booms as you enter the lair of Lord Nagafen, yet you do not see the proud lord standing tall. You quickly survey the room to see a heap of flesh that was once the great dragon.

Laura Shima cries, 'Impossible, Nagafen has fallen!'

Zordak shouts, 'What is the meaning of this!?'

A scarred and decorated figure steps forward from the crowd and speaks, 'The lord's hoard is ours. Rightfully claimed from his burning corpse. What is it you seek, stranger?'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

Zordak says, 'Previously one thing, now two things...'

Zordak says, 'The first was council with a humble servant of fire, an opportunity your party has taken away from me.'

Zordak says, 'So now, this sacred site to mourn and serve as refuge for my order.'

The Raid Commander looks to Zordak and says inquisitively, 'And the second thing?'

Zordak Ragefire shouts, 'Revenge!'

As Zordakalicus, you fight the raid force that just defeated Lord Nagafen.

Zordak laughs, 'As well it should, but the Tyrant will protect us until this world is nothing but ash.'

Jimmic Valon nods, 'What are we to do now?'

Zordak says, 'Go out and make contact with our other allies. I will remain here in the shrine of the Tyrant and deal with any interlopers, no doubt there will be many.'

The priests each nod in agreement, 'As you wish, sir...'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.

You do not feel well.

You feel very sick.

Bandit Scout Timothy says, 'I think the healer's dead, should we roll 'em over the side?'

First Mate Dockins roars, 'Show a lil respect. If not for them Captain Gerrins would be dead!'

Captain Gerrins says, 'Aye, we'll put 'em down on the next rock we pass. It's the least we can do...'

If an overwhelming sense of fatigue wasn't draining all of your resolve you would think to yourself how sick and tired you are of waking up disoriented on the shores of these islands...

A familiar Iksar voice calls out, 'The waters have brought you back! Come forward, if you can stand...'

You say, 'Hail, Wayward Spirit'

An unusually kind smile passes over the face of the ethereal figure. The Iksar looks down at you, 'It has been a long time, _____. After the fires of Ixiblat Fer claimed my body my soul was freed to reflect in the endless waters of the Triumvirate. Your conquests and successes have not been lost to the dead. Tell me though, it is strange to see you here again [looking so ill].'

You say, 'Why am I looking so ill?'

Reflection of Naxot Deepwater nods, 'Your once healthy complexion has greened and you're visibly struggling to carry your armor. Illness or curse seem the likely candidates.'

You recount the numerous times you've found yourself passing out on these islands, your visions of Zordak and the fearsome paralysis that strikes your body as soon as you touch the water...

The reflection nods as you recount your dilemma, 'I believe it is safe to rule out illness and claim curse. Tell me, _____, your encumbrance seems to steepen as you draw near the holy oasis? No doubt some lingering presence of Zordakalicus is trying to claim your spirit... But what to do, no translocation can bring you closer to the Triumvirate's oasis with this hex upon you. You must [overcome your curse] if you are to finish your pilgrimage and regain your strength.'

You say, 'How can I overcome my curse?'

Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'You carry with you the lingering essence of Zordakalicus. It is through this medium he is reaching out and dragging you down, but it is too late to simply discard these artifacts imbued with his spirit. Perhaps an [offering to the gods] would shield you from his curse long enough to return to the Oasis.'

You say, 'What offering to the gods?'

Reflection of Naxot Deepwater smiles, 'Pious _____, if anyone's work would have reached the ears of the gods and earned their pity it would have been you, but like the tide their capriciousness is to be expected. Three gods of the Triumvirate, three offerings to their avatars should do. You must [give] what is left of yourself in their service, as was your oath and your creed.'

You say, 'I will give'

Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'Upon this island are the reflections of mortal suffering, the meek, the blind, the famished and the lost. Aid them and return to me, perhaps this service will be enough to stir the waters and bring you to the isles of the avatars.'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

A mystical path appears before you.

You say, 'Hail, Gavirin Wraithbane'

Gavirin Wraithbane leans backwards then swings down with an empty fist, throwing the full weight of his body into the blow. With the trajectory of his arm it is obvious he is not aiming toward you. He roars mightily, at least, as mightily as a halfling could be expected to, 'WOAH THERE, STRANGER! CAREFUL WHERE YOU TREAD! YOU WALK THROUGH THE [PATH OF PAWNS] BUT SWAGGER ABOUT LIKE A BISHOP!'

You say, 'What path of pawns?'

Gavirin Wraithbane turns away and slams the air fiercely with his shield. His volume remains annoyingly loud for someone trying to hold a simple conversation, 'LOOK AROUND YOU FRIEND! IT IS A WAR AND IF WE ARE TO WIN IT, WE MUST BE PREPARED! A MIGHTY KNIGHT MUST CARRY ON HIS ARM AN AEGIS OF STRENGTH, IN HIS HEART HE MUST CARRY FAITH AND IN HIS FIST HE MUST HOLD A... a...' His volume drops drastically and he simply whispers the word, '[hammer].'

You say, 'What hammer?'

Gavirin Wraithbane crouches down holding his shield up with both hands. His voice remains a whisper, 'I am a fool, a rook with no plan, a... a... pawn in the field of kings! The gods forsake me, stranding me here without a weapon!'
You begin casting Hammer of Wrath.

A magical hammer appears in your hand. (Give this to Gavirin)

Gavirin Wraithbane holds the hammer high into the air and boasts, once again using his big-boy voice, 'WITHOUT FAITH THE AEGIS CRUMBLES, WITHOUT HAMMER THE HEART IS PIECERED! YOU WALK THE ROAD OF KINGS AND CARRY ON YOUR BACK THE WEIGHT OF THE GODS. STAND PROUD, FRIEND, STAND PROUD!'
With that, the seemingly insane halfling fades into nothingness. The gods are pleased with your deed.

The second avatar is found by the wrecked ships on the west side of the island.

You say, 'Hail, Billinar Stouthaft'

Billinar Stouthaft says 'Gah, not another one of you worthless spirits... No wait, you're alive aren't you?' The dwarf shakes his head in disbelief, 'Now there's a sight for sore eyes. A living, breathing Dwarf on this castaway rock! Tell me, Dwarf, are you much of a [navigator]?'

You say, 'I am no navigator'

Billinar Stouthaft looks you over, 'Well, ya couldn't have been any worse than me. It turns out when you steer a rickety hunk of wood into an immobile rock, the rock wins, who'da thunk it?! Anyway, my only hope of ever getting home is this here map but damned if I can see anything on this old parchment without [daylight].'

You begin casting Halo of Light.
A Halo of Light solidifies in your hand. (Give this to Billinar)

Billinar Stouthaft holds your gift up to his face and smiles. He gently sets the halo upon his head and looks at his map. He beams with joy as he looks toward you, 'The currents ran east while I insisted on sailing west! Perhaps if I did not spend my entire life fighting the gods I would have arrived at my destination without such anguish. Thank you, Dwarf. Truly, thank you!'

The dwarf fades into nothingness. The gods are pleased with your deed.

The third avatar is found by the huts in the middle of the island.

The crumbling pile of bones shakes as you approach it. Whispered words echo through your mind but don't appear to be emanating from any particular source, 'It approaches this one far too late. The tide has long washed away the essence of [life] from the vessel before you.'

You say, 'Life?'

The voice continues, 'It speaks of life in the presence of the dead. Sorcery and channeling are not the limit to what restores that which has passed. The vessel must be bound to [substance] to stand and the substance must be filled with the essence of life to exist.'

You begin casting Abundant Food.
The bones is given substance, but now requires the essence of life. That which flows through the gods and exists in all of us.

You begin casting Abundant Drink.
The substance is filled with the essence of life and the body of the hero can be cast to the tides to be remembered to all that would reflect upon our fallen. We are pleased with your selfless deed.

As the final reflection fades away you feel a small burden lifted from your shoulders. You should return to Naxot.

You say, 'Hail, Reflection of Naxot Deepwater'

Reflection of Naxot Deepwater bows her head and offers the gods a prayer. A few moments pass before she raises her head and looks into your eyes, her previously joyous expression is now one of sternness. Her words are quiet and deliberate, 'They have heard your call.'

The Reflection of Naxot holds both of her hands to the sky and you suddenly find yourself displaced.

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

You say, 'Hail, Reflection of Naxot Deepwater'

Reflection of Naxot Deepwater looks upon you with concern, 'Pious _____, it seems the gods have heard your prayers but still lay snares at your feet. The tides have washed us upon this deserted rock, out of reach of the ancient stone [sentinel of Jarsath].'

You say, 'What sentinel of Jarsath?'

Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'The great monuments of the ancient tribes were not built simply to strike fear into the hearts of opposing navies, an ancient magic rests within them. There are roads that connect these islands together and it is said the sentinels stand as gatekeepers to them. Perhaps this is your next trial.'

You think you see something across the water to the east. Head north along the shore to get a closer look!

You spot a few figures across the way on the other island. You need to get their attention somehow, maybe a loud noise?

You begin casting Yaulp XIII Rk. II.
You channel the spirit of the gods and let forth a mighty yaulp!

The figures across the way turn and run toward the beach. As they approach you clearly identify them as Captain Gerrins' crew.

Captain Gerrins shouts, 'Arg, we thought ye was dead! We'll send our vessel over for yeh! Wait just a moment.'

You say, 'Hail, Captain Gerrins'

Captain Gerrins says 'Apologies for stranding you up north. Our next destination is the port in The Overthere, but I can't imagine that's someplace you're interested in travelling.' He looks up toward the giant statue, 'Scary thing, that. It's been standing longer than my fleet's been sailing.'

Strong winds begin to gust over the hill as you stand at the feet of the great stone sentinel. A voice unlike any other you've ever heard seems to whisper through the wind, 'Vicar of our order, bearer of Zordakalicus' spirit, our blessings are with you.'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

Your heart begins to race as a cold chill runs down your spine.

The familiar voice of Zordak Ragefire echoes in the distance, 'Fennin, my aegis and lord, speak to us so that we may serve you!'

Zordak says, 'Do not forsake us in this time of peril. The meddlers draw near and we are without your voice. Speak to us, please!'

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Skyfire Mountains

You are back in the body of Zordakalicus.

Zordakalicus seems lost in his own thoughts. You sense the feeling of anguish in his mind as he surveys the hills.

'The gods have forsaken me. My kin will have my head if they come upon me...'

'Fennin, I have followed your every command, why have you silenced yourself to our order?'
His thoughts turn to his phylactery, 'Those meddlers will soon be upon me... I shall entrust my spirit to the hands of the lavaborn. May the Tyrant's graces be upon me.'

'The shards of my phylactery must be spread far enough through the hills that no mortal would ever be patient enough to obtain all of them!'

As you walk through the area, you will bury four shards.

Zordakalicus claws the ground and buries a small Pearlescent Fragment of his phylactery.

Zordakalicus claws the ground and buries a small Pearlescent Fragment of his phylactery.

Zordakalicus claws the ground and buries a small Pearlescent Fragment of his phylactery.

Zordakalicus claws the ground and buries a small Pearlescent Fragment of his phylactery.

As Zordakalicus buries the final fragment his breath ceases. The flame serpent feels the icy chill of mortality consume his form. His vision dims...

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

Cries of the dying echo throughout the hills. Wyverns, Wyrms and drakes being slaughtered by the hundreds...
You hear your own voice call out, 'That's the last one!'

Your vision turns to earlier times.

You have been returned to the battle that won you your Water Sprinkler, this time though you'll see it through Zordak's eyes.

You hand the assembled pearlescent shard to Wader Cecilia.

Warder Cecilia says, 'Excellent, with the shard we should be able to divine what evil intentions Zordak has in his heart. Stand back and I shall release him.'

Warder Cecilia takes the assembled shard and holds it up into the air. A blinding flash of light emanates from the pearl. The Triumvirate missionary is gone but in her place stands Zordak Ragefire.

Zordak, enraged by his capture, shouts, 'You meddle in the affairs of the plasmatic priesthood. You too shall burn!'

Zordakalicus shouts, 'Foolish mortals!! You tamper with Zordakalicus!! The kin slayer! The exiled! The serpent of fire! Come feel the flames of the Tyrant!!'
The roar of the cheering crowd fades from Zordakalicus' ears. Death has claimed him.

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.

The Reflection of Naxot Deepwater looks upon you with concern, 'Your curse appears to be worsening.' She turns to the west and points toward the faint outline of the oasis, 'The sentinel has brought you closer but your final [trial] is here upon this island.'

You say, 'What trial?'

Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'Unlike faithful disciples of the pantheon, the spirits of the unclaimed do not ascend to their godly planes when their mortal life ends. The [forsaken priests] that you have slain linger here and burn with rage, they desire vengeance. They aim to stop your pilgrimage as their last act of loyalty to Zordakalicus.'

You say, 'What forsaken priests?'

Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'The three most faithful to the plasmatic priesthood. It seems that your final trial is to lay these spirits to a final rest. Perhaps if their spirits are allowed to return to Ro the waters will allow you to finish your journey.'

You will find the forsaken a short ways inland.

Remains of Valon bows graciously as you approach, 'Greetings once again, meddler. You've managed to take my life from me once but my loyalty to the Prime Disciple is unwavering. Unlike my foolhardy companions I am at peace, so the only way you shall defeat me is to vanquish my remains.'

You have slain Remains of Valon!

You say, 'Hail, Remains of Shima'

Remains of Shima does not respond. It seems the skeleton's entire focus is on preventing itself from crumbling into dust.
Remains of Shima begins to cast a spell.
Remains of Shima died.

Remains of Malant begins to cast a spell.
A massive force knocks you backwards. You have taken 2 points of damage.
Remains of Malant roars angrily and throws you back. A direct attack will prove fruitless against a spirit so consumed with untamed rage.

You say, 'Hail, Remains of Malant'

Remains of Malant says 'Let the flames of Fennin consume you, meddler!'

Remains of Malant cackles maniacally as it stares at you, 'What a pleasant surprise, . You've come to share in the eternal torment you've blessed me with! Please, let the rage of Fennin consume your heart as it has mine!'

You begin casting Soothing Glow Rk. II.
Remains of Malant looks weaker as the rage in its heart is calmed.

As the final spirit is laid to rest a strong chill grasps your body to its core. The frigid feeling is accompanied by a whispering voice, 'Faithful cleric, pious in your endeavors, we relieve you of your burdens...'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

Zordak Ragefire's voice calls out to you, 'You are close...'
Zordak says, 'Soon you will understand.'

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered the Muramite Proving Grounds.

You again take the form of Zordakalicus.

A flood of memories rush through Zordakalicus' mind. The cold pain of death, his feelings of loss and longing desire for the blessings of a god...
In an instant he regains his bearings and recalls the words that the Projection of Discord just spoke, 'Human, you have bested our trial and earned our spoils, speak now your demands of the legion!'

Zordakalicus' words come slowly, 'The gods I was born under have shunned me. The gods I sought out have turned their backs upon me and left me to die. I have suffered the void of death and clawed my way back to the living seeking absolution. I stand here before you now seeking station in the pantheon of Discord.'

The Projection of Discord's voice echoes through all corners of the room, 'So it shall be, human. You will be one among us as we do away with Norrath. Breathe your final mortal breaths and [pledge yourself to Mata Muram.]'

You say, 'I pledge myself to Mata Muram'

Zordakalicus closes his eyes and kneels before the projection of discord.

Muddled voices begin to cloud his mind, thoughts of absolution turn to thoughts of revenge.

Zordakalicus seems to lose himself to the will of the legion. Mata Muram's voice consumes him, the words are unclear but their meaning is obvious, 'Deliver the priest to me...'

Zordakalicus opens his eyes and finds his journal lying open on the ground in front of him. His frantic handwriting seems foreign to him now. His mind fixates on a single line, 'I must visit my old friend Omat Vastsea.'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.

You are in the water of the atoll. You must swim inside.

You do not feel well.
You feel very near death.

The shock of the cold ocean awakes you from your latest visions. It appears the waters of the Triumvirate accept your presence now.

Your latest visions linger in your memory. Something seems amiss about Zordakalicus' attitude in the presence of Discord.

You shake the excess water from your hair as you climb onto the sandy shore. Just ahead stands Omat Vastsea overlooking the holy waters of the Triumvirate's Oasis...

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

You say, 'Hail, Omat Vastsea'

Omat Vastsea says 'Ah _____, it is good to see you again. Strange, the waters did not stir to tell of your arrival. How long have you been on your way here?'
You recount the harrowing ordeal of your journey as well as your suspicion that Zordakalicus is behind your curse.

Omat Vastsea is taken aback by your story, 'Amazing, so you saw Naxot again. It is good to know that the waters have not forgotten her. The news of Zordakalicus is troubling as I have not sensed anything amiss here. His [bones] lay there in the lake, whatever corruption that may be contained within them is being held at bay by the fervent guard of our order.'

You say, 'What bones?'

Omat Vastsea says 'For as much heartache as you have suffered on your pilgrimage here it seems that visiting the bones has been ordained by the hand of fate. Please, make your way to them, but be on your guard as I have [no idea] what force stirs within them.'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

You say, 'No idea'

Omat Vastsea says 'The waters bless me with visions of many things, but your ordeal has not been one of them. I cannot say whether this is the work of sinister forces or simply another trial of the Triumvirate themselves.'

A rush of visions overtakes your mind as you place your hand on the decaying bones. You see yourself here, on this island, standing over the body of Zordakalicus Ragefire having just defeated him.

Your task 'An Epic Request' has been updated.
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

Zordakalicus' final thoughts echo through your consciousness. Joyous feelings of absolution and freedom consumed him in his last breathes as his spirit was freed from his body. Though this time his spirit did not ascend to planar servitude nor did it return to haunt the world. He was finally at peace.

You feel a great weight being lifted from your shoulders. Your connection to the spirit of Zordakalicus is no longer a curse of ignorance but a blessing of knowledge from which you can draw strength.

Though the pursuit of a loving god eventually drove him mad, you have a new understanding of Zordakalicus as a sympathetic creature. This will certainly be an interesting tale to retell...

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.



Rewards

Rewards are 1 AA, plus:

Option #1: Epic 1.0 Ornament
Option #2: Epic 1.5 Ornament
Option #3: Epic 2.0 Ornament

This task is repeatable with a 20-hour lockout.
Rewards:
Send a Correction
Post Comment
Broken quest
# Feb 23 2018 at 1:52 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Just completed the Quest and no reward at the end everything says its complete went back to lady carolline and nothing this is really irritating.....
Shuttles
# Sep 23 2017 at 7:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
62 posts
Butcherblock shuttles to TD don't seem to be functioning on Phinny. Take the boat from OT to TD and hop off and run to the Oasis.
Location correction for Jaggedpine Forest
# Sep 22 2017 at 2:36 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
13 posts
Jaggedpine Forest: Correct location is +1000, -2120, -6 and not /loc -2120, +1000, -6 as shown above
Jaggedpine Forest
# Jun 21 2016 at 1:55 PM Rating: Good
*
63 posts
The loc is backwards in the writeup. It should be /loc -2120, 1000, -6.
Jaggedpine Forest
# Jun 21 2016 at 5:38 PM Rating: Good
rswiders wrote:
The loc is backwards in the writeup. It should be /loc -2120, 1000, -6.


Thanks, updated.
____________________________
Volunteer Allakhazam Developer and Admin

For real time update information on Allakhazam, follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/gidono

To make a Donation directly to me.
https://paypal.me/Gidono
So far I have received 2 donations.
Mistmore Update...
# Jul 01 2015 at 2:12 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
I just tried the quest, all of which has been fine up to Castle Mostmore, Upon zone in there is NO update... Does anyone know if there has been a change or if this quest is Broken??
mistmore part Bugged ?
# Aug 30 2014 at 8:10 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
I have done this task up to Castle mistmoore and when i zone in there is no update has the location changed or is it bugged?
Quest working properly now.
# Feb 06 2014 at 6:51 AM Rating: Decent
1 post
I'm not sure exactly what issues were affecting this quest, but they seem to be gone. I have done this quest twice in 24 hours to get both my 1.0 and 2.0 ornamentation and have had no issues with the broken content. The only issue I came across, which has been submitted to be included in the walkthrough is regarding the point when you enter Timorous Deep and have to appease the avatars. The quest walkthrough and even the in game text only elude to there being 3 avatars. There are 4. The first one is the Dwarf (on the chessboard) have to give him a summoned hammer. The second is the one that is not listed and is a female erudite, I believe (on the beach between the chessboard dorf and the one on the wrecked ship.) She speaks of wishing she could see and a drowned girl. You have to cure blindness on her. The next Avatar is the dorf on the wrecked ship that you have to give a halo of light and the last is skeletal remains in the ruins in the middle of the island, which you have to give summoned food and drink (in that order.) Once all those tasks are done, your burden is lifted and you can return to Reflection of Naxot Deepwater and move forward in the quest.
Quest working properly now.
# Nov 19 2014 at 6:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
28 posts
Helping all four of those jokers gets you the first blessing of the Triumvirate. All four = one blessing. The second you get on the next island, the third you get from the last.
Six attempts stuck in the box
# Aug 06 2013 at 3:16 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
3 posts
There's really no point to doing this quest for the cleric now. It's broken and cannot be completed. I made SIX attempts to finish it and each time, I've been stuck in the box room with coordinates on the wall and 3 NPCs who are also stuck, when trying to zone into Nagafen's Lair. There's no way out with the exception of quitting the quest (just the Balance of the Triumvirate part) or petitioning for a GM to get you out. I've tried both. When a GM came, the first time, they said to try again and when I'm stuck in the room, to let them know and they will help me get past it so that's what I did. When the time came, all the GM could do was punt me to PoK and said there was nothing else he could do for me. I tried zone into TD and Naggy's Lair on my own and that didn't trigger the instance. So basically, as of this posting, there's no way to finish it. The GM told me that it doesn't always happen and that I must've just had bad luck and to try again if I felt up to it. Well, after six tries with the same stuck results, it's hard to believe that there's any chance of completing this quest. Go ahead and try. I'd love to see if anyone else can finish it at this point. It might give me some hope.

SOE knows about this problem but there's no ETA on when it will be looked at by the dev team, let alone be fixed. I guess there's no harm in petitioning if you get stuck to keep them posted that it's still an issue.

Good luck.
Very well-written quest with a moral story
# May 26 2013 at 11:58 PM Rating: Decent
**
262 posts
I just finished this quest for my CLR-alt and very much enjoyed the tragic tale told through Zordakalicus' eyes. I guess the moral of the tale is the old adage that no good deed goes unpunished.

At the very end of the story, I was very happy to know that Zordak has finally found a small measure of peace that we all seek, but few ever rarely find.
Very well-written quest with a moral story
# May 30 2013 at 5:22 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
I was wondering since you said you just finished this quest, if you could tell me all the spells that are needed for it. Apparently I didn't do my "homework" and got to the part on the island to heal the captain and didn't have the right spells. I can't gate out to get them or go swimming to get off the island until the 5 hour timer resets, ugh!

Anyway if you could let me know the spells needed besides the Reverent Light spell, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Very well-written quest with a moral story
# May 31 2013 at 7:20 PM Rating: Decent
**
262 posts
Hi, Tinkerbell

To heal the captain, I used the Frantic Renewal (I guess any version/level of this will do) line of spells. Here are other spells you should probably take along as well:

Summon: Abundant Food
Summon: Abundant Drink
Summon: Halo Of Light
Summon: Hammer Of Reproach (any version/level of this will work)
Cure Blindness
Any version of the Yaulp spell line

Good luck!
Very well-written quest with a moral story
# Jul 14 2013 at 4:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
62 posts
And a high level calm spell. Reconcile isn't good enough. I was lucky enough to get to that point on my sixth attempt (thanks, bugs that never got fixed) just to have to quit yet again and go buy a lull spell. Mob is dark blue at 94, so whatever level that is.
bugged epic quest
# Apr 30 2013 at 8:29 AM Rating: Decent
12 posts
this bugged out for me on entering nagafen's lair after the scenario on the beach it put me in a room with no exit and numbers over the walls - definitely bugged as not even the npc's could walk out of the area
bugged epic quest
# Jun 01 2013 at 7:24 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
IF YOU END UP IN THIS ROOM WITH NO EXIT HOW DO YOU GET OUT ?
vengeful jarsath spirit
# Apr 04 2013 at 12:28 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
oh , and , tank the vengeful jarsath spirit with your 1.0
again
# Apr 04 2013 at 12:24 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
doing it again for my other epic and got bugged again. on the port in to nagafen's room this time. got ported to a cubic room off the map with co-ordinates on the wall and no way out for me and the npc's.
getting a tad fed up with this bugfest of a quest.
is this bugged?
# Apr 02 2013 at 10:43 AM Rating: Decent
10 posts
is this bugged? i got to the next island and i can see the first mate and the bandit scout but i appear to be permastunned. cant move to get close enough to hail them and cant cast :(
is this bugged?
# Apr 02 2013 at 1:09 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
had to quit the task and start again, didnt bug out second time around.
Remains of Shima
# Mar 31 2013 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
"Remains of Shima" gets stunned to have it die. One or two higher level stuns does the job nicely.
____________________________
Sulo Haapala
Event log
# Mar 19 2013 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
Once you take the quest the translocator in Butcherblock will not not offer you a ride. You'll need to zone in via the boats.

Translocator Gethia says 'Hello there, Bickelhaupt. You look like you are on an important adventure. I have some wonderful news from the Academy of Arcane Sciences! The Maiden's Voyage has once again resumed sailing between Timorous Deep and Firiona Vie. To board the great ship simply take one of the local shuttles.'
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.
"This journey must be travelled alone. For now you must leave your allies behind." (Even your mercenary.)
The gentle ebb and flow of the deep serves as a quiet backdrop to your meditations. Across the small sea of ruins is the holy site of the Triumvirate of Water. You close your eyes and contemplate the adventures that brought you here when the words of a nearly forgotten note cross your mind...
Greetings Overking Bathezid. The time has come for you to return the boon owed to me from so long ago...'
You have been assigned the task 'Balance of the Triumvirate'.
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Burning Woods.

This is the first of several "Monster missions" in which you inhabit the body of Zordakalicus. You begin in Sarnak form.

General Bathezid says 'Zordakalicus the Flame Serpent, you honor us with your presence. Your courier has briefed me on the situation as well as Jaled Dar's orders.'
You say, 'Hail, General Bathezid'
Ikros Fer says 'Indeed, an army of one hundred strong has set out from their little outpost in the Karnor and will be here within the hour.'
General Bathezid says 'They don't expect to win the ensuing battle. It is no surprise that they are desperate for reinforcements.'
General Serokust says 'If they intend to test the mettle of the Di`Zok then I say we let them. The lizards are no threat to our noble blood.'
General Bathezid says 'Individually no, but you forget our numbers, general.'
Ikros Fer says 'Our leader has spared two of his finest warriors and their squires to hold the keep against the lizards.'
General Serokust says 'Yet another debt to be repaid at the whim of his majesty the Dar?'
Ikros Fer says 'You will show some respect and gratitude to the Flame Serpent, general.'
General Serokust scowls at the drake and then looks toward you, 'Very well... sir.'
General Bathezid says 'Forgive us, many of my compatriots still hold the old grudges. Our blood burns the same as yours, tainted or not by that lizard's hand.'
The voice of a distant Sarnak calls out, 'Shadows on the horizon! Their forces draw near!'
General Bathezid shouts, 'Soldiers of Chardok, today we make our stand against our tormentors. We hold our ground with the aid of the Ring of Scale. Defend the gates with your lives so that this keep remain ours until the end of our lineage!'
General Bathezid tells you, 'Meet me upon the battlefield and stand with me against their commander. The sight of an elder dragon will surely unsettle their ranks.'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
a Hand of the Empire shouts 'Soldiers of Chardok, by Royal Decree of your lord, Emperor Ganak Sathir, son of your father Atrebe Sathir, you are ordered to surrender this keep and lay down your weapons. Those of you that do not resist will be enlisted to battle against the Ring of Scale. Those that survive will be given a station of honor as the empire's finest creation. Those who resist will become feed for the sokokar.'
General Bathezid turns to address his army, 'The lizards have made us their offer. Shall we serve as shields against the Ring of Scale or do we drive these lizards back to the Karnor!?'
a Sarnak flunkie shouts 'WE FIGHT!'
The Hand of the Empire laughs, 'How is it you so easily throw away the lives we gave you, serpentspawn?'
General Bathezid looks toward you and nods. He turns back toward the Iksar commander, 'Unexpected allies.'
General Bathezid draws his blade as you take the cue to shed your disguise.

Battle is joined as you take Dragon form. You have three spells to cast; Fear, Fire, and Heal, but not a great deal of mana.
After the battle has been won...

Vekelrek calls out, 'Zordakalicus, our mission is almost complete. Return to us now.'
General Bathezid shouts 'We are eternally indebted to you both. Our victory would have been a massacre without your intervention. Though it will take some years for us to recoup our losses, our keep is secure.'
Vekelrek Sapara shouts 'Your debt is to the Ring of Scale, a debt that must be repaid before 'some years', general.'
General Bathezid is taken aback by the Vekelrek's words, 'Our forces are decimated. It would be the end of our empire to join another battle!'
Vekelrek Sapara turns toward Zordakalicus, 'Our orders were clear. Destroy the battalion from Karnor's and reclaim the lizard's creation for our ranks. It is only a matter of time before the halfbreeds crawl back to their parents.'
Zordakalicus rears back and roars, 'Their blood is our blood, you would send them to die!?'
Vekelrek Sapara shouts 'You would defy the Dar?'
Zordakalicus nods silently.
Vekelrek Sapara shouts 'Traitor! You will fall in the name of the Ring of Scale!'
Vekelrek Sapara claws YOU for 27 points of damage.

Now begins a second battle between Zordakalicus and the dragon Vakelrek Sapara.

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
Vekelrek Sapara died.
General Bathezid says, 'Flame Serpent, the death of Vekelrek will soon reach the ears of the Ring. Where will you go?'
Zordakalicus says, 'I will abscond to the north lands and seek the tutelage of a god that does not turn brothers against one another.'
General Bathezid says, 'My kingdom remains in your debt.'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.

You find yourself on an island in northern Timorous Deep. You are leashed to the island (as you will be to others)
Bickelhaupt has fallen to the ground.
You do not feel well.
You hear the sound of waves crashing against a shore...
You struggle fiercely but eventually manage to open your eyes.
Your head is wracked with pain that throbs to the pace of your heartbeat.
You muster the strength to stand up and survey your surroundings. You see no remnants or wreckage of your vessel.
You feel unusually weak. Your Water Sprinkler seems to be weighing you down more than normal.
Your thoughts turn away from distant memories and fever dreams to the problems at hand, how to get off of this island.
You sense faint remnants of life from the nearby ruins.
A spirit of the ruins materializes before you.
You say, 'Hail'
You say, 'How do I get off the island'
You think you hear voices calling out from the ruins - undead spirits that yearn to be sensed.
You begin casting Sense the Dead.
You sense undead in this direction.
You say, 'Hail, an echo of life'
an echo of life says 'The fearless Jarsath must be returned to the feet of the father.'
The spirit vanishes but another appears elsewhere on the island.
You begin casting Sense the Dead.
You sense undead in this direction.
You say, 'Hail, an echo of life'
an echo of life says 'Approach them both in guise they cannot see.'
The spirit vanishes but another appears elsewhere on the island.
You begin casting Sense the Dead.
You sense undead in this direction.
You say, 'Hail, an echo of life'
echo of life says 'Speak to them, sight unseen, the name of their tribe and your freedom shall follow.'
A mystical path appears before you.
You begin casting Group Perfected Invisibility to Undead.
You say, 'Jarsath'
Fearless Guardian says 'Escape for us is impossible, as this is our home it is our prison. For you however, freedom awaits. Carry your burden to your strange gods of the sea to find what encumbers you so...'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

You awaken on the beach

Your illness appears to be getting worse.
Bandit Scout, Timothy jumps back, startled by your presence. He turns to his commander and shouts, 'G..G..Ghost!'
First Mate Dockins runs forward weapons drawn. He halts to look you over and turns to the scout, 'You idiot, this ain't no ghost.'
Bandit Scout, Timothy says 'Then how'd they appear out of thin air?'
First Mate Dockins says 'Must be one of them magic caster types.' The bandit turns to you, 'So stranger, what brings you to the outpost of the great Gunthak Pirates? Usually we have to go out looking for saps to rob, most people are smart enough to steer clear of us!'
Bandit Scout, Timothy laughs.
First Mate Dockins says 'You know the drill stranger, your [gold] or your [life].'
You say, 'What gold'
First Mate Dockins beams with joy that slowly fades into disappointment as he looks you over. 'Bah, from the rags you're wearing I doubt you got anything worth stealing!'
Bandit Scout, Timothy says 'Wait boss, maybe they can help us with our [situation].'
First Mate Dockins glares at the scout.
You say, 'What situation'
Bandit Scout, Timothy says 'Yeah, our captain's been struck with some terrible illness. No doubt these cursed ruins have infected 'em!'
First Mate Dockins nods, 'Yar, maybe some of your magic tricks could be of some use. Here's the deal stranger, you cure our captain and we'll get you off this rock. I don't rightly care where you're heading but away from here is no doubt closer to where that be. [Deal]?'
You say, 'Deal'
First Mate Dockins says 'Right then, our captain's over here.'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
First Mate Dockins looks toward you and speaks, 'He's in there stranger. Save him and you've got your freedom.'
You begin casting Reverent Light Rk. III.
Captain Gerrins looks a bit healthier.
You begin casting Reverent Light Rk. III
Captain Gerrins groans, his skin looks yellowed with disease.
You begin casting Reverent Light Rk. III.
Captain Gerrins seems to be regaining some of his strength but coughs up some vile green phlegm.
You begin casting Reverent Light Rk. III.
Captain Gerrins opens his eyes and begins shouting wildly, 'GHOSTS! DO YOU NOT SEE THEM!? CURSE OUR FOOLISHNESS IN TAKING THESE RUINS!'
The captain appears to be cursed with some terrible vision of ghosts. You may want to prepare yourself for battle before you continue curing him.
You begin casting Fraught Renewal Rk. II.
A brilliant beam of light shines out of the captain's mouth and takes the form of a cursed spirit!
Captain Gerrins says 'Yar, blasted spirits think they got the better of meh!?'
Vengeful Jarsath Spirit says 'Join ussss!'
Your Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh feels exceedingly heavy.
You crush Vengeful Jarsath Spirit for 406 points of damage.
Vengeful Jarsath Spirit died.
Captain Gerrins says 'What's the story with the healer?'
First Mate Dockins says 'They washed up on our shore and traded magic for passage.'
Captain Gerrins says 'Very well, a deal's a deal. Our raft's on the southern shore. Let's move out!'
First Mate Dockins says 'So soon captain, are you sure you're well enough?'
Captain Gerrins shrugs, 'You think a little ghost is gonna slow me down?'
Captain Gerrins says 'It's a short ride to our outpost. From there we'll commandeer a bigger vessel for the rest of our voyage. We'll drop you off on whatever island you fancy, healer.'
First Mate Dockins says 'Short trip or not we best be careful, the water's been unusually fierce. The gods seem irate.'
Bandit Scout, Timothy says 'Aye, something feels amiss...'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
An uneasy tiredness falls over you. You lay down to rest as the raft takes off.
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Nagafen's Lair.

Another Monster Mission. You inhabit Zordak Ragefire as his pilgrimage takes him to the Northlands
Zordak says, 'I have heard him through the voice of fire. His instructions were clear, we must seek allies in these troubling times. Lord Nagafen's parting from the brood was not unlike my own, we will surely find an ally in him. What dragon would hold council with giants if both were not loyal to the Tyrant?'
Laura Shima says, 'I don't think we're alone in our pilgrimage here.'
Gavon Malant, 'Many fresh footprints lead into the lair.'
Zordak says, 'Never a shortage of fools trudging to offer themselves as meals to Lord Nagafen.'
Jimmic Valon, 'I'm not so sure, people are more allied than they used to be. Teir`Dal and Feir`Dal coming together to take out the ancient lords and ladies. I don't like the looks of this...'
Laura Shima nods, 'Either way, we best watch our step.'
Zordak thinks for a moment then speaks, 'It is odd that the noble fire giant guards are not at their station. Let's go, keep your guard up.'
As you enter the hall you see the flayed body of a fire giant noble face down in the lava.
Gavon Malant says, 'Good god, the guards are slain! What kind of force could have done this?'
Zordak says, 'The flames of Fennin shall shield us from whatever darkness has crept into the Lord's chambers.'
The ancient portcullis screeches as it rises revealing the remnants of recent destruction.
Laura Shima retches, 'Slain... Nothing but bodies...'
Zordak says nothing, contemplating why Fennin would allow such horrific atrocities to befall his loyalists.
As you step across the bridge you look up to see that the giants were able to take out a few of the invaders.
Jimmic Valon says, 'We're close, the sweet smell of burning flesh is ripe.'
Gavon Malant says, 'What if Lord Nagafen has fallen? What then, Zordak?'
Zordak says, 'Mortals claiming the life of a dragon?'
Gavon Malant says, 'Stranger things have happened.'
Zordak says, 'We'll find our answer within his lair. Should the unthinkable have happened we will claim this site in the name of the Plasmatic Priesthood and go from there.'
The roar of the crowd booms as you enter the lair of Lord Nagafen, yet you do not see the proud lord standing tall. You quickly survey the room to see a heap of flesh that was once the great dragon.
Laura Shima cries, 'Impossible, Nagafen has fallen!'
Zordak shouts, 'What is the meaning of this!?'
A scarred and decorated figure steps forward from the crowd and speaks, 'The lord's hoard is ours. Rightfully claimed from his burning corpse. What is it you seek, stranger?'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
Zordak says, 'Previously one thing, now two things...'
Zordak says, 'The first was council with a humble servant of fire, an opportunity your party has taken away from me.'
Zordak says, 'So now, this sacred site to mourn and serve as refuge for my order.'
The Raid Commander looks to Zordak and says inquisitively, 'And the second thing?'
Zordak Ragefire shouts, 'Revenge!'

As Zordakalicus you fight the raid force that just defeated Lord Naggy

Zordak laughs, 'As well it should, but the Tyrant will protect us until this world is nothing but ash.'
Jimmic Valon nods, 'What are we to do now?'
Zordak says, 'Go out and make contact with our other allies. I will remain here in the shrine of the Tyrant and deal with any interlopers, no doubt there will be many.'
The priests each nod in agreement, 'As you wish, sir...'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.
You do not feel well.
You feel very sick.
Bandit Scout Timothy says, 'I think the healer's dead, should we roll 'em over the side?'
First Mate Dockins roars, 'Show a lil respect. If not for them Captain Gerrins would be dead!'
Captain Gerrins says, 'Aye, we'll put 'em down on the next rock we pass. It's the least we can do...'
If an overwhelming sense of fatigue wasn't draining all of your resolve you would think to yourself how sick and tired you are of waking up disoriented on the shores of these islands...
A familiar Iksar voice calls out, 'The waters have brought you back! Come forward, if you can stand...'
You say, 'Hail, Wayward Spirit'
An unusually kind smile passes over the face of the ethereal figure. The Iksar looks down at you, 'It has been a long time, Bickelhaupt. After the fires of Ixiblat Fer claimed my body my soul was freed to reflect in the endless waters of the Triumvirate. Your conquests and successes have not been lost to the dead. Tell me though, it is strange to see you here again [looking so ill].'
You say, 'Why am I looking so ill'
Reflection of Naxot Deepwater nods, 'Your once healthy complexion has greened and you're visibly struggling to carry your armor. Illness or curse seem the likely candidates.'
You recount the numerous times you've found yourself passing out on these islands, your visions of Zordak and the fearsome paralysis that strikes your body as soon as you touch the water...
The reflection nods as you recount your dilemma, 'I believe it is safe to rule out illness and claim curse. Tell me, Bickelhaupt, your encumbrance seems to steepen as you draw near the holy oasis? No doubt some lingering presence of Zordakalicus is trying to claim your spirit... But what to do, no translocation can bring you closer to the Triumvirate's oasis with this hex upon you. You must [overcome your curse] if you are to finish your pilgrimage and regain your strength.'
You say, 'How can I overcome my curse'
Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'You carry with you the lingering essence of Zordakalicus. It is through this medium he is reaching out and dragging you down, but it is too late to simply discard these artifacts imbued with his spirit. Perhaps an [offering to the gods] would shield you from his curse long enough to return to the Oasis.'
You say, 'What offering to the gods'
Reflection of Naxot Deepwater smiles, 'Pious Bickelhaupt, if anyone's work would have reached the ears of the gods and earned their pity it would have been you, but like the tide their capriciousness is to be expected. Three gods of the Triumvirate, three offerings to their avatars should do. You must [give] what is left of yourself in their service, as was your oath and your creed.'
You say, 'I will give'
Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'Upon this island are the reflections of mortal suffering, the meek, the blind, the famished and the lost. Aid them and return to me, perhaps this service will be enough to stir the waters and bring you to the isles of the avatars.'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
A mystical path appears before you.
You say, 'Hail, Gavirin Wraithbane'
Gavirin Wraithbane leans backwards then swings down with an empty fist, throwing the full weight of his body into the blow. With the trajectory of his arm it is obvious he is not aiming toward you. He roars mightily, at least, as mightily as a halfling could be expected to, 'WOAH THERE, STRANGER! CAREFUL WHERE YOU TREAD! YOU WALK THROUGH THE [PATH OF PAWNS] BUT SWAGGER ABOUT LIKE A BISHOP!'
You say, 'What path of pawns'
Gavirin Wraithbane turns away and slams the air fiercely with his shield. His volume remains annoyingly loud for someone trying to hold a simple conversation, 'LOOK AROUND YOU FRIEND! IT IS A WAR AND IF WE ARE TO WIN IT, WE MUST BE PREPARED! A MIGHTY KNIGHT MUST CARRY ON HIS ARM AN AEGIS OF STRENGTH, IN HIS HEART HE MUST CARRY FAITH AND IN HIS FIST HE MUST HOLD A... a...' His volume drops drastically and he simply whispers the word, '[hammer].'
You say, 'what hammer'
Gavirin Wraithbane crouches down holding his shield up with both hands. His voice remains a whisper, 'I am a fool, a rook with no plan, a... a... pawn in the field of kings! The gods forsake me, stranding me here without a weapon!'
You begin casting Hammer of Wrath.
A magical hammer appears in your hand. (Give this to Gavirin)
Gavirin Wraithbane holds the hammer high into the air and boasts, once again using his big-boy voice, 'WITHOUT FAITH THE AEGIS CRUMBLES, WITHOUT HAMMER THE HEART IS PIECERED! YOU WALK THE ROAD OF KINGS AND CARRY ON YOUR BACK THE WEIGHT OF THE GODS. STAND PROUD, FRIEND, STAND PROUD!'
With that, the seemingly insane halfling fades into nothingness. The gods are pleased with your deed.

The second avatar is found by the wrecked ships on the west side of the island

You say, 'Hail, Billinar Stouthaft'
Billinar Stouthaft says 'Gah, not another one of you worthless spirits... No wait, you're alive aren't you?' The dwarf shakes his head in disbelief, 'Now there's a sight for sore eyes. A living, breathing Dwarf on this castaway rock! Tell me, Dwarf, are you much of a [navigator]?'
You say, 'I am no navigator'
Billinar Stouthaft looks you over, 'Well, ya couldn't have been any worse than me. It turns out when you steer a rickety hunk of wood into an immobile rock, the rock wins, who'da thunk it?! Anyway, my only hope of ever getting home is this here map but damned if I can see anything on this old parchment without [daylight].'
You begin casting Halo of Light.
A Halo of Light solidifies in your hand. (Give this to Billinar)
Billinar Stouthaft holds your gift up to his face and smiles. He gently sets the halo upon his head and looks at his map. He beams with joy as he looks toward you, 'The currents ran east while I insisted on sailing west! Perhaps if I did not spend my entire life fighting the gods I would have arrived at my destination without such anguish. Thank you, Dwarf. Truly, thank you!'
The dwarf fades into nothingness. The gods are pleased with your deed.

The third avatar is found by the huts in the middle of the island.

The crumbling pile of bones shakes as you approach it. Whispered words echo through your mind but don't appear to be emanating from any particular source, 'It approaches this one far too late. The tide has long washed away the essence of [life] from the vessel before you.'
You say, 'life'
The voice continues, 'It speaks of life in the presence of the dead. Sorcery and channeling are not the limit to what restores that which has passed. The vessel must be bound to [substance] to stand and the substance must be filled with the essence of life to exist.'
You begin casting Abundant Food.
The bones is given substance, but now requires the essence of life. That which flows through the gods and exists in all of us.
You begin casting Abundant Drink.
The substance is filled with the essence of life and the body of the hero can be cast to the tides to be remembered to all that would reflect upon our fallen. We are pleased with your selfless deed.
As the final reflection fades away you feel a small burden lifted from your shoulders. You should return to Naxot.
You say, 'Hail, Reflection of Naxot Deepwater'
Reflection of Naxot Deepwater bows her head and offers the gods a prayer. A few moments pass before she raises her head and looks into your eyes, her previously joyous expression is now one of sternness. Her words are quiet and deliberate, 'They have heard your call.'
The Reflection of Naxot holds both of her hands to the sky and you suddenly find yourself displaced.
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
You say, 'Hail, Reflection of Naxot Deepwater'
Reflection of Naxot Deepwater looks upon you with concern, 'Pious Bickelhaupt, it seems the gods have heard your prayers but still lay snares at your feet. The tides have washed us upon this deserted rock, out of reach of the ancient stone [sentinel of Jarsath].'
You say, 'What sentinel of jarsath'
Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'The great monuments of the ancient tribes were not built simply to strike fear into the hearts of opposing navies, an ancient magic rests within them. There are roads that connect these islands together and it is said the sentinels stand as gatekeepers to them. Perhaps this is your next trial.'
You think you see something across the water to the east. Head north along the shore to get a closer look!
You spot a few figures across the way on the other island. You need to get their attention somehow, maybe a loud noise?
You begin casting Yaulp XIII Rk. II.
You channel the spirit of the gods and let forth a mighty yaulp!
The figures across the way turn and run toward the beach. As they approach you clearly identify them as Captain Gerrins' crew.
Captain Gerrins shouts, 'Arg, we thought ye was dead! We'll send our vessel over for yeh! Wait just a moment.'
You say, 'Hail, Captain Gerrins'
Captain Gerrins says 'Apologies for stranding you up north. Our next destination is the port in The Overthere, but I can't imagine that's someplace you're interested in travelling.' He looks up toward the giant statue, 'Scary thing, that. It's been standing longer than my fleet's been sailing.'

Strong winds begin to gust over the hill as you stand at the feet of the great stone sentinel. A voice unlike any other you've ever heard seems to whisper through the wind, 'Vicar of our order, bearer of Zordakalicus' spirit, our blessings are with you.'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
Your heart begins to race as a cold chill runs down your spine.
The familiar voice of Zordak Ragefire echoes in the distance, 'Fennin, my aegis and lord, speak to us so that we may serve you!'
Zordak says, 'Do not forsake us in this time of peril. The meddlers draw near and we are without your voice. Speak to us, please!'
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

You have entered Skyfire Mountains

(You are back in the body of Zordakalicus)

Zordakalicus seems lost in his own thoughts. You sense the feeling of anguish in his mind as he surveys the hills.
'The gods have forsaken me. My kin will have my head if they come upon me...'
'Fennin, I have followed your every command, why have you silenced yourself to our order?'
His thoughts turn to his phylactery, 'Those meddlers will soon be upon me... I shall entrust my spirit to the hands of the lavaborn. May the Tyrant's graces be upon me.'
'The shards of my phylactery must be spread far enough through the hills that no mortal would ever be patient enough to obtain all of them!'

)As you walk through the area you will bury 4 shards)

Zordakalicus claws the ground and buries a small Pearlescent Fragment of his phylactery.
Zordakalicus claws the ground and buries a small Pearlescent Fragment of his phylactery.
Zordakalicus claws the ground and buries a small Pearlescent Fragment of his phylactery.
Zordakalicus claws the ground and buries a small Pearlescent Fragment of his phylactery.
As Zordakalicus buries the final fragment his breath ceases. The flame serpent feels the icy chill of mortality consume his form. His vision dims...
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
Cries of the dying echo throughout the hills. Wyverns, Wyrms and drakes being slaughtered by the hundreds...
You hear your own voice call out, 'That's the last one!'
Your vision turns to earlier times.

You have been returned to the battle that won you your Water Sprinkler, this time though you'll see it through Zordak's eyes

You hand the assembled pearlescent shard to Wader Cecilia.
Warder Cecilia says, 'Excellent, with the shard we should be able to divine what evil intentions Zordak has in his heart. Stand back and I shall release him.'
Warder Cecilia takes the assembled shard and holds it up into the air. A blinding flash of light emanates from the pearl. The Triumvirate missionary is gone but in her place stands Zordak Ragefire.
Zordak, enraged by his capture, shouts, 'You meddle in the affairs of the plasmatic priesthood. You too shall burn!'
You bashes YOU for 23 points of damage.
Zordakalicus shouts, 'Foolish mortals!! You tamper with Zordakalicus!! The kin slayer! The exiled! The serpent of fire! Come feel the flames of the Tyrant!!'
The roar of the cheering crowd fades from Zordakalicus' ears. Death has claimed him.
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.
The Reflection of Naxot Deepwater looks upon you with concern, 'Your curse appears to be worsening.' She turns to the west and points toward the faint outline of the oasis, 'The sentinel has brought you closer but your final [trial] is here upon this island.'
You say, 'What trial'
Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'Unlike faithful disciples of the pantheon, the spirits of the unclaimed do not ascend to their godly planes when their mortal life ends. The [forsaken priests] that you have slain linger here and burn with rage, they desire vengeance. They aim to stop your pilgrimage as their last act of loyalty to Zordakalicus.'
You say, 'What forsaken priests'
Reflection of Naxot Deepwater says 'The three most faithful to the plasmatic priesthood. It seems that your final trial is to lay these spirits to a final rest. Perhaps if their spirits are allowed to return to Ro the waters will allow you to finish your journey.'

You will find the forsaken a short ways inland

Remains of Valon bows graciously as you approach, 'Greetings once again, meddler. You've managed to take my life from me once but my loyalty to the Prime Disciple is unwavering. Unlike my foolhardy companions I am at peace, so the only way you shall defeat me is to vanquish my remains.'
Remains of Valon crushes YOU for 250 points of damage.
You have slain Remains of Valon!


You say, 'Hail, Remains of Shima'
Remains of Shima does not respond. It seems the skeleton's entire focus is on preventing itself from crumbling into dust.
Remains of Shima begins to cast a spell.
Remains of Shima died.


Remains of Malant begins to cast a spell.
A massive force knocks you backwards. You have taken 2 points of damage.
Remains of Malant roars angrily and throws you back. A direct attack will prove fruitless against a spirit so consumed with untamed rage.
You say, 'Hail, Remains of Malant'
Remains of Malant says 'Let the flames of Fennin consume you, meddler!'
Remains of Malant cackles maniacally as it stares at you, 'What a pleasant surprise, . You've come to share in the eternal torment you've blessed me with! Please, let the rage of Fennin consume your heart as it has mine!'
You begin casting Soothing Glow Rk. II.
Remains of Malant looks weaker as the rage in its heart is calmed.
As the final spirit is laid to rest a strong chill grasps your body to its core. The frigid feeling is accompanied by a whispering voice, 'Faithful cleric, pious in your endeavors, we relieve you of your burdens...'

Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

Zordak Ragefire's voice calls out to you, 'You are close...'
Zordak says, 'Soon you will understand.'

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

You have entered the Muramite Proving Grounds, your last time as Zordakalicus


A flood of memories rush through Zordakalicus' mind. The cold pain of death, his feelings of loss and longing desire for the blessings of a god...
In an instant he regains his bearings and recalls the words that the Projection of Discord just spoke, 'Human, you have bested our trial and earned our spoils, speak now your demands of the legion!'
Zordakalicus' words come slowly, 'The gods I was born under have shunned me. The gods I sought out have turned their backs upon me and left me to die. I have suffered the void of death and clawed my way back to the living seeking absolution. I stand here before you now seeking station in the pantheon of Discord.'
The Projection of Discord's voice echoes through all corners of the room, 'So it shall be, human. You will be one among us as we do away with Norrath. Breathe your final mortal breaths and [pledge yourself to Mata Muram.]'
You say, 'I pledge myself to Mata Muram'
Zordakalicus closes his eyes and kneels before the projection of discord.
Muddled voices begin to cloud his mind, thoughts of absolution turn to thoughts of revenge.
Zordakalicus seems to lose himself to the will of the legion. Mata Muram's voice consumes him, the words are unclear but their meaning is obvious, 'Deliver the priest to me...'
Zordakalicus opens his eyes and finds his journal lying open on the ground in front of him. His frantic handwriting seems foreign to him now. His mind fixates on a single line, 'I must visit my old friend Omat Vastsea.'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.
(You are in the water of the atoll. You must swim inside)

You do not feel well.
You feel very near death.
The shock of the cold ocean awakes you from your latest visions. It appears the waters of the Triumvirate accept your presence now.
Your latest visions linger in your memory. Something seems amiss about Zordakalicus' attitude in the presence of Discord.
You shake the excess water from your hair as you climb onto the sandy shore. Just ahead stands Omat Vastsea overlooking the holy waters of the Triumvirate's Oasis...
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
You say, 'Hail, Omat Vastsea'
Omat Vastsea says 'Ah Bickelhaupt, it is good to see you again. Strange, the waters did not stir to tell of your arrival. How long have you been on your way here?'
You recount the harrowing ordeal of your journey as well as your suspicion that Zordakalicus is behind your curse.
Omat Vastsea is taken aback by your story, 'Amazing, so you saw Naxot again. It is good to know that the waters have not forgotten her. The news of Zordakalicus is troubling as I have not sensed anything amiss here. His [bones] lay there in the lake, whatever corruption that may be contained within them is being held at bay by the fervent guard of our order.'
You say, 'What bones'
Omat Vastsea says 'For as much heartache as you have suffered on your pilgrimage here it seems that visiting the bones has been ordained by the hand of fate. Please, make your way to them, but be on your guard as I have [no idea] what force stirs within them.'
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
You say, 'no idea'
Omat Vastsea says 'The waters bless me with visions of many things, but your ordeal has not been one of them. I cannot say whether this is the work of sinister forces or simply another trial of the Triumvirate themselves.'
A rush of visions overtakes your mind as you place your hand on the decaying bones. You see yourself here, on this island, standing over the body of Zordakalicus Ragefire having just defeated him.
Your task 'An Epic Request' has been updated.
Your task 'Balance of the Triumvirate' has been updated.
Zordakalicus' final thoughts echo through your consciousness. Joyous feelings of absolution and freedom consumed him in his last breathes as his spirit was freed from his body. Though this time his spirit did not ascend to planar servitude nor did it return to haunt the world. He was finally at peace.
You feel a great weight being lifted from your shoulders. Your connection to the spirit of Zordakalicus is no longer a curse of ignorance but a blessing of knowledge from which you can draw strength.
Though the pursuit of a loving god eventually drove him mad, you have a new understanding of Zordakalicus as a sympathetic creature. This will certainly be an interesting tale to retell...
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Timorous Deep.


Edited, Mar 20th 2013 7:07am by UnholyCzars

Edited, Mar 20th 2013 8:51am by UnholyCzars
____________________________
Fight smarter not harder.
Post Comment

Free account required to post

You must log in or create an account to post messages.