Grelleth's #6: The Art of War  

Quest Started By:Description:
Where:
Who:
Rating:
*****
Information:
Level:100
Maximum Level:105
Monster Mission:No
Repeatable:Yes
Can Be Shrouded?:No
Quest Type:Task
Quest Goal:
  • Advancement
  • Experience
  • Money
Quest Items:
Related Creatures:
Related Quests:
Era:Rain of Fear
Recommended:
Group Size:Solo
Min. # of Players:1
Max. # of Players:6
Appropriate Classes:
  • All
Appropriate Races:
  • All
Entered: Wed Nov 28 23:26:49 2012
Modified: Thu May 23 08:54:49 2013
Rain of Fear Information & Guides: An Overview | Group Progression & Task List | Raid Progression | Visible Armor



This task is the sixth in a series of six. It's a shared task (1-6 players) that begins with Reena Kedson (map) in Grelleth's Palace, the Chateau of Filth. She is located at 1200, 265, 0 (zone-in area).

Pre-Requisites:
- Level 85
- Completed "Rise of the Swinetor"
- Completed "Dirty Tactics"
- Completed "Double Trouble
- Completed "Halt of Decay"
- Completed "Raw Aggression"

You say, 'Hail, Reena Kedson'

Reena Kedson says '_____? Nice to see you. I hope you're here to help us out. These Fear Shards are causing more trouble than we expected. Still, I've had enough of these Alaran gods. We have enough trouble with the Norrathian ones. Let's put an end to this together, as one people. And we have a [plan].'

You say, 'What plan?'

Reena Kedson says 'It's simple. In theory. First, gather [information] on our enemies. Second, we'll have to take out the [scouts] and any other [defenses]. Then, after we gain [access], we'll have to deal with the palace [forces], and recover any [clues] as to their further plans.'

You say, 'What clues?'

Reena Kedson says 'We're almost ready for an all out attack. But this is the perfect time to find out the scope of their true plans before we do. I need you to infiltrate the palace and see what you can find out. We'll keep the swinetor busy while you do.'

You have been assigned the task 'The Art of War'.

The Swinetor are on their heels. Find out what you can about Grelleth and her chief advisor Kotul.

The swinetor plans will likely be kept in the room of scavenged spell books and scrolls that Kotul and the necromancers use. The prisoners will be held in the dungeons or locked in cells.



Dispatch swinetor that get in the way 0/3 (Grelleth's Palace)

Find a swinetor map and give it to Reena Kedson 0/1 (Grelleth's Palace)

This is a ground spawn in the northwestern part of the palace's top floor: 6650, 190, 417 (last room in the northwest part of top floor, on a shelf).

Reena Kedson says 'What'd you find? This map. It's outlined to a degree I'd expect from a proper military strategist, not some muck-dwelling swinetor. I'll have Jaris analyze this for the details. Short story, not that I need to tell you, but it's got a full on invasion plan, including taking Sarith and eventually Argath.'

Find the expedition prisoners the swinetor captured 0/1 (Grelleth's Palace)

Hail an expedition prisoner (map) in the jail (northwestern part of the palace's second floor).

You say, 'Hail, an expedition prisoner'

an expedition prisoner says 'Thanks, I owe you for the rescue. I can get out by myself, don't worry. More importantly, you need to tell Ain and Reena about what happened. Kotul, Grelleth's son, is organizing a full-scale invasion. He's even practicing some dark magic using his mother's fear crystal that could summon an army of undead and shadow creatures. We are running out of time. I'll free the others, you worry about getting that information into the right hands.'

Tell Reena Kedson everything you've learned 0/1 (Grelleth's Palace)

You say, 'Hail, Reena Kedson'

Reena Kedson says 'This is disturbing. We can't wait any longer. Grelleth's army is going to sweep over this continent if we don't do something. Alright, talk with Ain. He's coordinating the large scale movements. Leading a band of peaceful civillians into a successful uprising is the kind of leadership I can respect.'

You have plans, maps, and information, but none of it is good. Grelleth will be need to be stopped if Alaris and Norrath are to be protected.


Rewards:
112 platinum, 5 gold
Experience
Rewards:
Send a Correction
Post Comment
missing information
# Jan 06 2013 at 2:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
991 posts
Quote:
You say, 'Hail, Reena Kedson'

Reena Kedson says 'Amio? Nice to see you. I hope you're here to help us out. These Fear Shards are causing more trouble than we expected. Still, I've had enough of these Alaran gods. We have enough trouble with the Norrathian ones. Let's put an end to this together, as one people. And we have a [plan].'

You say, 'plan'

Reena Kedson says 'It's simple. In theory. First, gather [information] on our enemies. Second, we'll have to take out the [scouts] and any other [defenses]. Then, after we gain [access], we'll have to deal with the palace [forces], and recover any [clues] as to their further plans.'

You say, 'clues'

Reena Kedson says 'We're almost ready for an all out attack. But this is the perfect time to find out the scope of their true plans before we do. I need you to infiltrate the palace and see what you can find out. We'll keep the swinetor busy while you do.'

You have been assigned the task 'The Art of War'.



Dispatch swinetor that get in the way 0/3 (Grelleth's Palace, the Chateau of Filth)

Kill 3 swinetor found throughout the zone

Find a swinetor map and give it to Reena Kedson 0/1 (Grelleth's Palace)

Quote:
Reena Kedson says 'What'd you find? This map. It's outlined to a degree I'd expect from a proper military strategist, not some muck-dwelling swinetor. I'll have Jaris analyze this for the details. Short story, not that I need to tell you, but it's got a full on invasion plan, including taking Sarith and eventually Argath.'


Find the expedition prisoners the swinetor captured 0/1 (Grelleth's Palace)

Quote:
You say, 'Hail, an expedition prisoner'

an expedition prisoner says 'Thanks, I owe you for the rescue. I can get out by myself, don't worry. More importantly, you need to tell Ain and Reena about what happened. Kotul, Grelleth's son, is organizing a full-scale invasion. He's even practicing some dark magic using his mother's fear crystal that could summon an army of undead and shadow creatures. We are running out of time. I'll free the others, you worry about getting that information into the right hands.'


Report to Reena 0/1 (Grelleth's Palace)

Quote:
You say, 'Hail, Reena Kedson'

Reena Kedson says 'This is disturbing. We can't wait any longer. Grelleth's army is going to sweep over this continent if we don't do something. Alright, talk with Ain. He's coordinating the large scale movements. Leading a band of peaceful civillians into a successful uprising is the kind of leadership I can respect.'

You have plans, maps, and information, but none of it is good. Grelleth will be need to be stopped if Alaris and Norrath are to be protected.


You receive 5 gold .

You receive 112 platinum .
Any Swinetor will do
# Dec 20 2012 at 2:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
50 posts
For the "Dispatch swinetor that get in the way" step, you don't have to kill swinetor inside the Palace. Any of the swinetor in the zone will update the step.
Actual Steps Text
# Dec 06 2012 at 3:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
18 posts
Dispatch swinetor that get in the way 0/3

Find a swinetor map and give it to Reena Kedson 0/1
LOC 6649.48, 189.54, 417.24 (Last room in the northwest part of top floor)

Find the expedition prisoners the swinetor captured 0/1
____________________________
Hunter Derfeld
Forest Stalker
Lanys T'vyl
Post Comment

Free account required to post

You must log in or create an account to post messages.