|Quest Started By:||Description:|
|This is not a task. This is an outline of the encounter with The Mechamatic Guardian as part of an anniversary event introduced with EverQuest's 12th anniversary. The actual tasks and their rewards are linked below and on the menu to the left.
There are two tasks you should get before engaging The Mechamatic Guardian:
- "Parts is Parts" (for the two augs)
- "Maximum Capacity" (for the flyer)
Both tasks are given by Gearbie Gogglenoggin at location 1825, 2290, 122 in the Dragonscale Hills (northwest of the Citadel).
The Mechamatic Guardian doesn't attack back, but has a lot of hitpoints, spawns adds, and occasionally casts AEs.
Gout of Oily Steam: Targeted AE 100', Fire (-700)
1: Decrease HP when cast by 35000
2: Decrease Hitpoints by 5000 per tick (72 seconds)
Guardian Kick: Single Target, Unresistable (0)
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 10000
Ring of Smoke: PB AE 400', Fire (-700)
1: Decrease HP when cast by 30000
2: Decrease Movement by 50%
3: Decrease Attack Speed by 50%
4: Increase Poison Counter by 20
NOTE: The Guardian Kick spell can be avoided if you pick up a group task from Overvolt Rigster IV near the Fortress Mechanotus zone.
Every once in a while (15-20 minutes? and at 80/60/40/20/10 health), the Guardian spawns a wave of adds. Some of these adds also have AEs.
To complete the two tasks, you'll need to be in the zone (doesn't matter where) when the Guardian passes each of the above health milestones (task updates at 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, and 10%). You'll also need to collect a number of drops from the adds that spawn.
Adds can drop different types of items, but each have a primary drop that it drops most of the time. (Add corpses are sometimes empty.)
- a steamwork mender primarily drops Dented Whirligig
- a steamwork reclaimer primarily drops Counterlocking Nut
- a steamwork trooper primarily drops Super-Dense Coal
- a steamwork striker primarily drops Steam Coalescer
- a steamwork cleaner primarily drops Steam-Infuzed Goo
- an acidic ooze primarily drops Acidized Oil
- an enhanced steamsuit primarily drops Advanced Steam Injector
- a flamesuit primarily drops Flame Igniter
|Send a Correction|