|Quest Started By:||Description:|
|NOTE - There are two versions of this task: One for Legends of Norrath (information below) and one for the Loyalist Program (see this quest entry).
This is a group task which begins with Tierna Morganna (map) in the Plane of Knowledge at location -308, +1123.
To request the task, you must have a Dragon Brood Crypt Key in your possession. The key comes from the Travelers expansion in the Legends of Norrath card system. On completion of this task, the key disappears from your inventory.
There are no pre-requisites for participating in the task.
You say, 'Hail Tierna Morganna'
Tierna Morganna says 'I sense something within you. Do you seek [the way] of the fallen?'
You say, 'I seek the way of the Fallen...'
Tierna Morganna says 'The Way of the Fallen is just a rumor, or at least I THOUGHT it was until you came around here with that key. As the story goes, ages ago a dragon named Keldrax sought to live beyond his years, but as they are want to do, his descent along the dark path went very very wrong, and Keldrax died. Yet, he did not [die].'
You say, 'He didn't die?'
Tierna Morganna says 'Indeed, his descent into the darkest of dark magics left him amongst the undead. His quest unsatisfied, Keldrax locked himself away to continue his work. Some say he is truly dead. Others aren't so sure, but one thing is certain, dragons do love their shineys. Oh the riches that place must hold! Would you be willing, I could show you the way to the crypt. Of course, I would expect payment for my information. Does this sound like something that would [interest] you?'
You say, 'This does interest me'
Tierna Morganna says 'Very well then. Prepare yourselves, and speak to me again when [ready].'
You have been assigned the task 'Lair of the Fallen'.
You gain access to a private, instanced zone. Five group members are allowed in with the keyed person. You have unlimited access to the zone until you kill the final mob. There is also loot available from the final mob.
Kill 1 Keldrax the fallen 0/1 (Lair of the Fallen)
- There is no time limit and mobs do not appear to respawn.
- Nine assorted skeletons and ghosts are placed in the zone in area, which is a compacted hallway.
- There appears to be one roamer, but others can move as you start killing off some.
- The roamer can aggro you upon zone-in (invis, IVU, and SOS do not keep you safe).
- Mob social range is rather large, so if the roamer aggros expect about five mobs.
- Trash mobs hit anywhere from 2,000-5,000.
- Mobs are immune to run speed and fairly resistant to spells until you get a debuff on them.
- Along the hallway are a few cubbyholes with mobs hiding in them.
- At the end of the hallway is a large circular room with four corrupted guardian drakes.
- The drakes can be singled and don't hit much harder than the skeletons (few more hps, though).
- Once all mobs are dead, Keldrax the Fallen spawns.
- Keldrax hits for a max ~10,000 (perhaps up to 12,000).
- A chest spawns after Keldrax's death (can ONLY be opened by the person with the actual Dragon Brood Crypt Key).
- Chest contains one item available to anyone in the mission.
- The keyholder has a reward box pop up. They can select their choice of eight available items.
- The initial NPC spawns to port you back to the Plane of Knowledge.
Speak with Tierna Morganna 0/1 (Plane of Knowledge)
A final hail gives you 512 platinum and about an AA worth of exp at 85.
Known chest loot and rewards:
Mildew Covered Shawl
Royal Dragon Hunter's Cloak
Tarnished Blood Drop Accent Veil
Tarnished Dracoform Ring
|Send a Correction|