|Quest Started By:||Description:|
|Find Librarian Hemfar on the first floor of Crescent Reach.
You say, 'Hail, Librarian Hemfar'
Librarian Hemfar says 'Vasha, friend. I am the second-born of Keikolin the Enlightened, the most knowledgeable dragon of the Six. I am to aid in the education of drakkin and all who choose to enlighten their minds. I am a collector of artifacts and one of the founders of the Written Word and the Wanderlust Guild so we may learn from books and life. I have a unique gift that you may partake in if you [aid] in my work. Or you may simply ask me what [lore] I have gathered from artifacts in these lands.
You say, 'Aid your work?'
Librarian Hemfar says 'Yes, indeed. I have been given a sight-gift from Lady Keikolin. In many artifacts I can see within them and through the eyes of those they belonged to. It allows me to create a history that will become part of this library. Should you find any artifacts in the surrounding lands, bring them to me and I shall reward you and be able to add to the [volumes] of our great library.'
You say, 'What volumes?'
Librarian Hemfar says 'There are many creatures present and past that lived in these mountains, including the ogres that once lived in this very city. What exactly happened to them and their kind is somewhat of a mystery, but given time and the right artifacts, we shall learn more. I can reward you if you bring artifacts to me. Then, you may ask what [lore] and legend is available as people bring me artifacts and I can share the history with you when it is scribed.'
This is an ongoing quest to upgrade the charm, Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore. After handing in at least five of the required items, you "get an option that looks like it's the same old exp, but click the option and it shows charm as reward".
As you hand in each of the following items from around the Serpent's Spine, the charm will increase in strength. It is not known which items boost stats, or how many are required for each increase. There does not appear to be any particular requirement for order, either. These are the items known to be involved. There are probably many more.
Items used in this quest read "This artifact might interest someone in Crescent Reach" when the spell Identify is cast upon them.
- Core of the Tyrant (dropped by Magmaraug in the west wing)
Ashengate, Reliquary of the Scale: North
- Ebonheart of Lethar the Back (dropped by Lethar, second version)
- Elddar Moonlocket (dropped by Dyn`Leth, Firstborn of Lethar)
Ashengate, Reliquary of the Scale: West
- Ambersnout's Snout (dropped by Ambersnout the Aberration)
- Ancient Jewelry Box (/open the pile of bones behind the throne on third floor: -1225, -200)
- Broken Nokk Insignia (/open discarded bones: +460, -2920)
- Linguist's Note (a book on a table: second level of the inn, second door on the right, -1605, -1510)
- Silvered Blackfeather Plume (/open feathered fernstem: +2455, -1030)
- Ancient Blighted Bark (/open moss-covered rocks: +610, -1275)
- Murdunk's Rites Beads (/open pile of dusty rocks: +2060, -2060)
- Petrified Leather Boot Sole (/open ancient rocks: +930, +45)
- Preserved Hairy Halfling Foot (/open 'where the red flower grows': -1160, -2410 -- a flower amongst the vines)
- Gate Guardian Core (dropped by Guardian of the Gate)
- Direwind Totem (dropped by Direwind Gust in Severan the Direwind Caller event)
Frostcrypt: Raid Instance #2
- Krithgorian Royal Crest (dropped by Harfange the Black)
- Runed Sash of the Wraithguard (Dropped by Beltron the Shade King)
- Cracked Waterspring Scepter (/open algae-covered stones: +1575, -45)
- Devan's Feathered Arrow (/open age-old stones: -480, +1925)
- Dromrek Worry Stone (quested from Shrynn: +1740, +2890)
- Oread's Willow Whipvine (/open forgotten bones: -1155, +1970)
- Sliver of Goru`kar's Willowstaff (/open waving woodblossom: -1070, +135)
- Sparkling Windwillow Leaf (/open silverspun petals: -600, +30)
- Split Ravenoak Bow (/open storage crate: +1050, -1160)
- Thunderhorn of the Tribe (old Tuffein lockbox: -1510, -1095)
- Cursed Lorekeeper's Quill (dropped by ice griffons)
- Shattered Krithgor Keystone (ground spawn near spell vendors: -2035, -1155)
- Preserved Kithicor Baneleaf (/open rustling banebloom: +575, -775)
- Doomfount's Essence (dropped by Doomfount, an elemental who spawns at the geysers)
- Elven Child's Vinewand (dropped by Slave Driver Azza in front of Vergalid Mines)
- Lock of Veldyn's Hair (dropped by Obsidian)
- Oblivion's Dark Core (dropped by Oblivion, raid encounter in northwest)
- Relicstone Torch (dropped by Sulfurog: +2980, +1010)
- Trinket of the Scale (dropped by Dranadune, a drake who spawns at the geysers)
- Muddy Royal Scroll (dropped by burly hill giants)
- Wulfnor Crown Gem (/open a worn jug: -1645, +800, inside a house with 3 mobs)
Valdeholm: Udengar the Traitor
- Illegible Diary of Lorekeeper Baeldon (dropped by Lorekeeper Baeldon)
- Vergalid Scale (dropped by any undead golem)
After completing all the non-raid areas except Vergalid Scale from Vergalid and Core of the Tyrant from Ashengate, you receive the title "Cartographer."
It is also useful to do the tasks for the Wanderlust Guild simultaneously.
|Send a Correction|