Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach  

Status: Incomplete

Quest Started By:Description:
Where:
Who:
Rating:
*****
Information:
Level:55
Maximum Level:110
Monster Mission:No
Repeatable:Yes
Can Be Shrouded?:No
Quest Type:Task
Quest Goal:
  • Advancement
  • Loot
Time Limit:06:00:00
Related Zones:
Related Creatures:
Related Quests:
Era:Depths of Darkhollow
Recommended:
Group Size:Group
Min. # of Players:3
Max. # of Players:6
Appropriate Classes:
  • All
Appropriate Races:
  • All
Entered: Sun Jul 16 14:45:48 2006
Modified: Thu Aug 15 14:35:25 2019
This group task is the fourth in a series of five (following "Find Fibblebrap 3: The Hive") and begins with Bellfast who is located in the southeastern part of Corathus Creep (vicinity of -710, +255).

You say, 'Hail, Bellfast'

Bellfast says 'Ohh, this is terrible! Terrible indeed. Fibblebrap's Fibblebrap gem has taken on an odd tint and is on the verge of collapsing! It almost feels as if the gem is reacting to a worry of Fibblebrap's. He mentioned something of a curse, or a power? Or [both]!'

You say, 'Both...'

Bellfast says 'This is awful. It feels like a terrible force is getting closer to [unlocking the power] of Fibblebrap gems.'

You say, 'Unlocking the power?'

Bellfast says 'Quickly, you must head to Illsalin. Seek out Neran Sporestomp, he should have information regarding the location of a powerful alchemist by the name of Bilitan. Only one as treacherous as he could be behind this!'

You say, 'I'll do it.'

Note: There are multiple versions of this task, depending on your group's average level. The only differences are the levels/difficulty of mobs and the quality of loot.

You have been assigned the task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach'.



Locate Neran Sporestomp 0/1 (Ruins of Illsalin)

You'll find a tightly wound cocoon up the ramp inside the Wall Watcher's Citadel in the Ruins of Illsalin. It is the structure along the zone boundary (central-north part of the zone - an update location in the Slipgear Cartography tasks).

(Refer to this map.)

Clear the room of drachnids and break open the tightly wound cocoon to spawn Neran Sporestomp.

Upon breaking open the cocoon:

You manage to pry away the thick layer of mucus.

Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.

Neran Sporestomp says 'I can't believe you found me! Bellfast . . . That crazy gnomework. I was about to suffocate in there. An orc alchemist by the name of Bilitan tossed me to the drachnids . . . The foul beast!'

Help Neran track down Bilitan the Alchemist 0/1 (Ruins of Illsalin)

You say, 'Hail, Neran Sporestomp'

Neran Sporestomp says 'We havent' much time, must make haste!'

Neran quickly runs off upon being hailed, down the ramp, south along the bridge, through the central structure, up the ramp near the serpent statue, and towards the instance zone-in. He'll aggro numerous drachnids along the way, so either clear the area before hailing him or keep your distance. (See this map.)

This step updates as he reaches the broken bridge on the south side of the central structure. If you're in range, he'll cast a knockback on you and propel you to the instance doorway. If not, you'll have to take the long way (you can levitate to the instance entrance, /loc -1655,-510, 109.33).

Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.
The direction to the entry to your instanced zone(s) have been marked on your compass.

Enter the Temple of the Korlach 0/1 (Ruins of Illsalin)

Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Temple of the Korlach.

Search for Bilitan the Alchemist 0/1 (Temple of the Korlach)

Kill any 40 mobs in the zone to make Bilitan the Alchemist spawn. (/loc 25, -875, -75) The zone has a fast respawn timer. Note, there is a zombie called "Laboratory Guardian" that spawns in the room at the end of the underwater tunnel.

Upon killing the 40th mob:

Bilitan the Alchemist shouts, "Leave now intruders, or perish forever."

Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.

Slay Bilitan the Alchemist 0/1 (Temple of the Korlach)

Go through the underwater tunnel and kill Bilitan the Alchemist. There is nothing special about this fight (in fact, he may be easier than the trash mobs in the zone) except he has a large amount of hps.

You gain party experience!!
You have slain Bilitan the Alchemist!

Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.

Secure Fibblebrap's Fibblebrap fragment 0/1 (Temple of the Korlach)

--You have looted a Fibblebrap Gem Fragment.--

Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.

You have received a character flag!

You've recovered the missing Fibblebrap Fragment! Return it to Bellfast at once!

Optionally, you can return the fragment to Bellfast:

Bellfast says, 'At last, Bilitan is nothing more than a lifeless corpse. I owe you a great deal, _____.'

You gain experience!!



Rewards

Automatic Rewards (Average Level 68+):
Melees: Blurred Corathus Shard of Health
Casters: Clear Corathus Shard of Magic

Possible Chest Loot (Average Level 68+):
Blood-Soaked Fungus Pants
Clear Corathus Chain Arms
Corathus Adorned Boots
Woven Fungus Band

======================

Automatic Rewards (Average Level 60):
Melees: ???
Casters: Bejeweled Band

Possible Chest Loot (Average Level 60):
Woven Fungus Bracer

======================

Possible Zonewide Drops (Rare)
- No specific zonewide rares have been confirmed to drop in this instanced zone. It's been speculated that "Clear Corathus Shard of Hardening" may come from here, but it is not known for certain.

The "Pearl Hoop", which is a rare drop from any Illsalin instance, does appear here as well.
Rewards:
Send a Correction
« Previous 1 2
Post Comment
Update
# Mar 06 2017 at 5:23 PM Rating: Good
Added locations & corrected minor errors.
____________________________
Veludeus Exmachina - Bristlebane

*rate the posts, please*
Update
# Dec 20 2014 at 8:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
112 posts
You say, 'Hail, Neran Sporestomp'

Neran Sporestomp says 'We havent' much time, must make haste!'

Neran quickly runs off upon being hailed, down the ramp, south along the bridge, through the central structure, up the ramp near the serpent statue, and towards the instance zone-in. He'll aggro numerous drachnids along the way, so either clear the area before hailing him or keep your distance

YOU CANNOT LEVITATE TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BROKEN BRIDGE UNLESS YOU HAVE BARD SPEED
Follow these steps :
Before breaking the cacoon , clear the way to the broken bridge.
Go back and break the cacoon.
Before Neran runs , race ahead of him to the edge of the broken bridge and wait for him.
He will run to you with newly spawned mobs (yes even though you cleared the zone new mobs pop instantly)
When he gets to you, make sure you are facing towards the other side of the broken bridge remove any levitation spells.
He will punt you to the other side before he dies from the adds. Zone in to update quest.
This is proven to work everytime.
____________________________
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2705913
Dropped this
# Jan 19 2014 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
82 posts
Laboratory Guardian
# Dec 26 2009 at 5:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
21 posts
I can confirm that the Laboratory Guardian must be killed before Bilitan will spawn. I killed more than 40 mobs on the way down to the room and then as soon as the lab guardian died bilitan spawned.
____________________________
Tyreldor - 85th Ranger - Seventh Hammer
Tyreldorike 85th Enchanter - Seventh Hammer
zone random drop
# Sep 10 2009 at 9:42 PM Rating: Decent
27 posts
had this drop tonight in fibble 4 off a trash mob

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=45339

item name Pearl Hoop shows it drops in the praetorian guard task also
What a Pain
# Jun 09 2009 at 7:27 AM Rating: Decent
13 posts
Tried this twice now with 84 Ranger with average gear a 75 Mage bot and a Merc.
I have to root park a few Drachnids, because I can't lull them, so you get 3 or 4. I can do 3 ata time, but 4 usually kills me.

When I pop Nevran he agros half the zone and I was following with Ranger with IVU and there was a see invis spider. When I got to broken bridge he casted knockback spell and shot me accross and I got update. The bad thing is 6 spiders also flew over with me and they killed me.

Finally rez up and float over to zone in. Zone respawned on me very fast. The mobs are much easier in the Instance than in the ruins. I can kill nonstop with Merc healing, I killed a bit and invised to Lab Assistant named in under water cave, killed him and then I COH me back to entrance, but had to camp.

This mission is way hard compared to the other ones in the Arc.

Glad i will only have to do it once.

Raeene
Drinal
Info about this quest
# May 01 2009 at 12:48 PM Rating: Good
*
159 posts
Something interesting about this quest : mobs respawn ( very fast ) in Temple of Korlach when you do lower-level version ( 67 group max ) but do NOT respawn when you do it with a 68 + group !

Edited, May 1st 2009 10:50pm by loosingsleep
____________________________
Nones, necromancer, AB
Kwari, necromancer, AB ... love necs ...
Drop info
# Apr 16 2009 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
*
159 posts
Just have my reward for succeeding this quest with a lvl 67 group : "Bejeweled Band" appeared on my cursor. I don't see this item on Allakhazam and don't know how to upload it to Lucy. Could tell me what to do ?
____________________________
Nones, necromancer, AB
Kwari, necromancer, AB ... love necs ...
Drop info
# Apr 17 2009 at 8:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Ungainly Ninja
Avatar
****
6,998 posts
loosingsleep wrote:
Just have my reward for succeeding this quest with a lvl 67 group : "Bejeweled Band" appeared on my cursor. I don't see this item on Allakhazam and don't know how to upload it to Lucy. Could tell me what to do ?


Follow the instructions to download and install Item Collector, then run it in the background as you play.
Drop info
# Apr 19 2009 at 8:38 AM Rating: Good
*
159 posts
"Bejeweled band" is uploaded to Lucy now. Ty for your answer.
____________________________
Nones, necromancer, AB
Kwari, necromancer, AB ... love necs ...
Drop info
# Apr 20 2009 at 8:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Ungainly Ninja
Avatar
****
6,998 posts
loosingsleep wrote:
"Bejeweled band" is uploaded to Lucy now. Ty for your answer.


The item and quest have been updated appropriately, thanks.
To open the cocoon
# Apr 16 2009 at 8:15 AM Rating: Good
*
159 posts
I made some research to know how to open the cocoon. You have to kill :
- Two roaming spiders on bridge

- Two spiders on south side of bridge

- Two spiders on north side of bridge

- Three spiders in lower room of Wall Watcher's Citadel area

- Five spiders and one Splorgrath in upper room of Wall Watcher's Citadel area

Afer that, you will be able to open the cocoon with /open. If you haven't killed enough spiders, when you'll want to open cocoon, you will only see this emote : "You pry away at the encrusted layer of mucus to no avail." and won't be able to spawn Neran.
____________________________
Nones, necromancer, AB
Kwari, necromancer, AB ... love necs ...
To open the cocoon
# May 06 2012 at 1:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
54 posts
Finally trying to wrap up my Werewolf Skull after 5+ years off.

Had no trouble soloing this as an 86/1200 Wizard (38K HP), with a J5 tank merc.

loosingsleep appears to be correct. I cleared exacly the mobs he listed and opened the coccoon on the first try.

I followed Neran with IVU and didn't have any problems getting to the instance - although I didn't get booted over there, I lev'd over - but admittedly this is a part where if there happens to be a see-invis mob, you're in trouble.

Bilitan spawns where the Labratory Guardian is as well, and I wanted to make sure to kill the Guardian before killing 40 mobs, that way Bilitan wouldn't spawn immediately on top of me after killing the Guardian.

There are a few mobs that roam past the zone-in. Kill those. Move to the left, kill the 5-6 mobs there. Aggro radius is pretty large, but I didn't have any problems dealing with multiples. There are a few more mobs further back in the same area, kill those too. Enter the middle area which will likely mean killing a few more mobs. Jump in the water. Swim through tunnel - more mobs to kill - all the way to the end. When you come out of the water there is a room there where you'll find the Guardian and a few more mobs. Kill those.

In my case I absconded back to the zone-in, then followed the exact same path down to Bilitan's room. By time I got there I had killed enough and he was up. Nothing special about the fight.

Endaar Flaashpoint, Wizard of Karana
____________________________
Endaar Flaashpoint, Wizard of Karana
Current member of Ring of Valor, Bristlebane
Guild history, for the old timers:
Founder, The Valorous (Karana)
Officer, Harbingers (Karana)
Officer, Evolution of Faith (The Rathe)
Officer, Legend of Marr (The Rathe)
Officer, Battle Cry (The Rathe)
Key Phrase
# Aug 30 2008 at 7:32 PM Rating: Decent
Although "Do it" is not listed in the phrase above... it would seem to work if you tell him I will do it to answer the previous dialogue
Opening the cocoon
# Mar 28 2008 at 11:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
18 posts
To open the cocoon, as well as any other similar object, target it in melee range and /open
Logs
# Feb 11 2008 at 10:17 PM Rating: Decent
41 posts
Locate Neran Sporestomp - Ruins of Illsalin
Upon opening the cocoon:

[Mon Feb 11 21:03:46 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.
[Mon Feb 11 21:03:49 2008] Neran Sporestomp says 'I can't believe you found me! Bellfast . . . That crazy gnomework. I was about to suffocate in there. An orc alchemist by the name of Bilitan tossed me to the drachnids . . . The foul beast!'
[Mon Feb 11 21:03:51 2008] You say, 'Hail, Neran Sporestomp'
[Mon Feb 11 21:03:55 2008] Neran Sporestomp says 'We havent' much time, must make haste!'


Help Neran track down Bilitan the Alchemist - Ruins of Illsalin
ITU up and follow him to the ledge of the broken bridge. He'll toss you over to the other side. Alternatively, wait till you get the quest update and run the long way to the instance.

[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] begins to cast a spell. <Avatar Knockback>
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] begins to cast a spell. <Avatar Knockback>
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] begins to cast a spell. <Avatar Knockback>
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] begins to cast a spell. <Avatar Knockback>
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] The direction to the entry to your instanced zone(s) have been marked on your compass.
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:12 2008] A massive force knocks you backwards. You have taken 3 points of damage.



Enter the Temple of the Korlach - Ruins of Illsalin
Click to zone into Temple of the Korlach:

[Mon Feb 11 21:09:06 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.
[Mon Feb 11 21:09:08 2008] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Mon Feb 11 21:09:18 2008] You have entered Temple of the Korlach.


Search for Bilitan the Alchemist - Temple of the Korlach
Kill 40 mobs. On your 40th kill:

[Mon Feb 11 21:44:17 2008] You have slain a Praetorian Guard!
[Mon Feb 11 21:44:17 2008] Bilitan the Alchemist shouts, "Leave now intruders, or perish forever."
[Mon Feb 11 21:44:17 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.

I killed Laboratory Guardian before getting 40 mob kills, so I'm not sure if you need to kill him before you get the emote or not.


Slay Bilitan the Alchemist - Temple of the Korlach
Go through the underwater tunnel and kill Bilitan the Alchemist:

[Mon Feb 11 21:52:08 2008] You gain party experience!!
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:08 2008] You have slain Bilitan the Alchemist!
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:08 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.


Secure Fibblebrap's Fibblebrap fragment - Temple of the Korlach
Loot it from Bilitan the Alchemist's corpse:

[Mon Feb 11 21:52:17 2008] --You have looted a Fibblebrap Gem Fragment.--
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:17 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:18 2008] You have received a character flag!
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:18 2008] You've recovered the missing Fibblebrap Fragment! Return it to Bellfast at once!


If you turn the gem fragment in to Bellfast, you'll get some experience. This is not a required task:

[Mon Feb 11 21:56:26 2008] Bellfast says 'You did it! You found Fibblebrap! Thank you so much! I shall begin work on his new body right away! Oh, I wish I had some way to thank you. Please, come back soon, I'm certain Fibblebrap will want to thank you himself.'
[Mon Feb 11 21:56:30 2008] You gain experience!!
Logs
# Feb 12 2008 at 8:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Ungainly Ninja
Avatar
****
6,998 posts
IsabeelMT wrote:
Locate Neran Sporestomp - Ruins of Illsalin
Upon opening the cocoon:

[Mon Feb 11 21:03:46 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.
[Mon Feb 11 21:03:49 2008] Neran Sporestomp says 'I can't believe you found me! Bellfast . . . That crazy gnomework. I was about to suffocate in there. An orc alchemist by the name of Bilitan tossed me to the drachnids . . . The foul beast!'
[Mon Feb 11 21:03:51 2008] You say, 'Hail, Neran Sporestomp'
[Mon Feb 11 21:03:55 2008] Neran Sporestomp says 'We havent' much time, must make haste!'


Help Neran track down Bilitan the Alchemist - Ruins of Illsalin
ITU up and follow him to the ledge of the broken bridge. He'll toss you over to the other side. Alternatively, wait till you get the quest update and run the long way to the instance.

[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] begins to cast a spell. <Avatar Knockback>
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] begins to cast a spell. <Avatar Knockback>
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] begins to cast a spell. <Avatar Knockback>
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] begins to cast a spell. <Avatar Knockback>
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:11 2008] The direction to the entry to your instanced zone(s) have been marked on your compass.
[Mon Feb 11 21:05:12 2008] A massive force knocks you backwards. You have taken 3 points of damage.



Enter the Temple of the Korlach - Ruins of Illsalin
Click to zone into Temple of the Korlach:

[Mon Feb 11 21:09:06 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.
[Mon Feb 11 21:09:08 2008] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Mon Feb 11 21:09:18 2008] You have entered Temple of the Korlach.


Search for Bilitan the Alchemist - Temple of the Korlach
Kill 40 mobs. On your 40th kill:

[Mon Feb 11 21:44:17 2008] You have slain a Praetorian Guard!
[Mon Feb 11 21:44:17 2008] Bilitan the Alchemist shouts, "Leave now intruders, or perish forever."
[Mon Feb 11 21:44:17 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.

I killed Laboratory Guardian before getting 40 mob kills, so I'm not sure if you need to kill him before you get the emote or not.


Slay Bilitan the Alchemist - Temple of the Korlach
Go through the underwater tunnel and kill Bilitan the Alchemist:

[Mon Feb 11 21:52:08 2008] You gain party experience!!
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:08 2008] You have slain Bilitan the Alchemist!
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:08 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.


Secure Fibblebrap's Fibblebrap fragment - Temple of the Korlach
Loot it from Bilitan the Alchemist's corpse:

[Mon Feb 11 21:52:17 2008] --You have looted a Fibblebrap Gem Fragment.--
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:17 2008] Your task 'Find Fibblebrap 4: The Korlach' has been updated.
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:18 2008] You have received a character flag!
[Mon Feb 11 21:52:18 2008] You've recovered the missing Fibblebrap Fragment! Return it to Bellfast at once!


If you turn the gem fragment in to Bellfast, you'll get some experience. This is not a required task:

[Mon Feb 11 21:56:26 2008] Bellfast says 'You did it! You found Fibblebrap! Thank you so much! I shall begin work on his new body right away! Oh, I wish I had some way to thank you. Please, come back soon, I'm certain Fibblebrap will want to thank you himself.'
[Mon Feb 11 21:56:30 2008] You gain experience!!


Updated, thanks.
cocoon loc
# Dec 07 2007 at 6:25 PM Rating: Decent
34 posts
Since I didn't see any loc for the cocoon, it's at approximately -190, -684. Apparently you have to completely clear the room and bridge of all mobs before the cocoon will pop.
[b]How do you know to say this?[/b]
# Oct 02 2007 at 9:51 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
26 posts
How do you know to say this?

You say, 'Do it.'

This is the trigger phrase from task #1 - there is no in-game indication that it is needed for task #s 2-5 but from other tasks and quest we know that trying the prior trigger phrase sometimes works as it does in this case. It worked for me on all tasks #2 through task #5.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
____________________________
Ardnasc Paladin of Tunare
Brislebane server
Just did this one...
# Sep 20 2007 at 10:00 AM Rating: Decent
1 post
Clear up to **** from the near by bridge
PoP the NPC
Npc starts running (Get IVU on and follow him)
When your at bridge on the other side of instance he'll give you a knockback over bridge
Zone into instance
Clear down the water tunnel and kill trigger mob
Go back up and just kill stuff until emote
Back down the water tunnel kill named, loot fragment, and your done
Think only 1 or 2 mobs repoped
Did it with Cleric, Warrior, Warrior, Bst, Rogue, Monk
Bilitan the Alchemist
# Aug 05 2007 at 8:13 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,005 posts
This related MOB is not even in the Beastiary atm.
____________________________
The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! So says Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer! All hail the Freeport Knights of Truth!

Bonzz of the Knights of Truth, Bertoxx Server

(please excuse my dyslexic typing skills)
30? 40? Split the difference
# Feb 11 2007 at 1:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
45 posts
FYI, did this today, Feb. 11, 2007, and it took exactly 35 kills to spawn the Alchemist.
____________________________
Guiscard on E`ci
where is the instance exactly
# Dec 30 2006 at 3:19 PM Rating: Decent
5 posts
I am not seeing where this mission is? loc for the entrance? It's in the real zone of illsalin? or some instance version?
where is the instance exactly
# Dec 30 2006 at 5:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,352 posts
You have to kill all the spiders near the cocoon then hatch the little mushroom guy and he takes you to the instance
____________________________
BACK on the Test Server 3 boxing or 6 boxing
75 PAL Latann / 75 CLR Onthar / 75 NEC Korrupted / 75 BER Thort / 75 ROG Trajhver / 75 SHM Herbcat
Leader of the sin of <PRIDE>
EQ'ing since '99
overly difficult
# Dec 20 2006 at 2:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,352 posts
i find this mission to be out of line with the other bellfast missions..

the mobs in illsalin DO NOT scale down their levels to meet the levels of your group, so getting to the Coocoon is very hard without some Mezzing or FD'ing ability. the undead spiders and mobs that you MUST clear around the coocoon, hit for 1566 max and can come 4 or 5 mobs at a time
____________________________
BACK on the Test Server 3 boxing or 6 boxing
75 PAL Latann / 75 CLR Onthar / 75 NEC Korrupted / 75 BER Thort / 75 ROG Trajhver / 75 SHM Herbcat
Leader of the sin of <PRIDE>
EQ'ing since '99
30 mobs
# Nov 29 2006 at 10:05 AM Rating: Decent
12 posts
Bilitan the Alchemist spawned at 30 kills just now.
Trick to this mission
# Nov 26 2006 at 12:14 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Gotta kill to the cocoon, can't fd the mobs away or anything, once all those mobs are gone /open the cocoon... group IVU, follow the shroom. Once he gets to the end he will punt everyone across the bridge, if you get missed you have to find your own way over there but its not too hard.

Once you get to the instance you have to kill 40 mobs. Just clearing to the back room will not get you 40 kills. I recommend chilling at the zone in or on the land and killing about 30 mobs. Then everyone drops down the well and your puller pulls to the end of the underwater tunnel. At the end in the cavern there will be two nameds, both rather easy at 75.

The key is killing 40 mobs in the instance, there is no timer.

Edited, Nov 26th 2006 3:18pm by Tuzmin
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /say do it
# Nov 11 2006 at 11:43 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
UGH .... that was.... the worst thing.... i have ever.... experienced .... in the HISTORY of EQ quests....

/startquote Imothep-AB (from EQforum message board):
You need to get task " manually " from bellfast, it's the flaw in the desisgn.

He gives you yellow text, some keyword and send you to ilsalin but don'(t give task, it's the reason so many peoples tought the quest was bugged.

To get the task, says " do it " to Bellfast and the window with mission choice will appear.

I think you have to swim in a specific place ( the ubnderwater path, but the one above ) to make Bilitan pop. It's also possible the expedition may bug sometime as i got same problem with the instanced zone shutting down with 3 hours left.
/endquote

/startquote Royr_BB (from same forum):
I figured out the problem. There was one mob stuck outside the citadel rooms way down below on the wall. Once we killed him Neran popped when we did /open.
/endquote

/sigh for me though, because while i was looking up all that info on some obscure out of date post... my group disbanded.
So i shall have to attempt to do this task, one more time.
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /say do it
# Nov 11 2006 at 11:57 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:01 2006] You say, 'Hail, Bellfast'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:01 2006] Bellfast says 'Ohh, this is terrible! Terrible indeed. Fibblebrap's Fibblebrap gem has taken on an odd tint is on the verge of collapsing! It almost feels as if the gem is reacting to a worry of Fibblebrap's. He mentioned something of a curse, or a power? Or [both]!'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:07 2006] You say, 'both'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:08 2006] Bellfast says 'This is awful. It feels like a terrible force is getting closer to [unlocking the power] of Fibblebrap gems.'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:13 2006] You say, 'unlocking the power'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:14 2006] Bellfast says 'Quickly, you must head to Illsalin. Seek out Neran Sporestomp, he should have information regarding the location of a powerful alchemist by the name of Bilitan. Only one as trecherous as he could be behind this!
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:23 2006] You say, 'do it'
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /say do it
# Nov 12 2006 at 10:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Ungainly Ninja
Avatar
****
6,998 posts
Vorzsai wrote:
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:01 2006] You say, 'Hail, Bellfast'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:01 2006] Bellfast says 'Ohh, this is terrible! Terrible indeed. Fibblebrap's Fibblebrap gem has taken on an odd tint is on the verge of collapsing! It almost feels as if the gem is reacting to a worry of Fibblebrap's. He mentioned something of a curse, or a power? Or [both]!'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:07 2006] You say, 'both'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:08 2006] Bellfast says 'This is awful. It feels like a terrible force is getting closer to [unlocking the power] of Fibblebrap gems.'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:13 2006] You say, 'unlocking the power'
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:14 2006] Bellfast says 'Quickly, you must head to Illsalin. Seek out Neran Sporestomp, he should have information regarding the location of a powerful alchemist by the name of Bilitan. Only one as trecherous as he could be behind this!
[Sat Nov 11 22:18:23 2006] You say, 'do it'


Updated, thanks.
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /say do it
# Nov 14 2006 at 3:10 AM Rating: Decent
23 posts
one more thing.... none of the bellfast tasks have a "hard" version, hehe.
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /say do it
# Nov 14 2006 at 3:07 AM Rating: Decent
23 posts
and no, there is no dialogue after you say "do it" .... you just pick the task and go on your way, i spose i maybe shoulda turnd on the log for neram... but that's easy as well, just follow him with IVU and don't bother with the spiders he agros showing you the way to your instance for the task.
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /say do it
# Nov 14 2006 at 3:05 AM Rating: Decent
23 posts
i know how to say do it, because ... in the start of my post there were /quote things, obvisouly since i took them from another forum i didn't know the command to get the quote to work here.

but the guy essentially said you had to use a trigger for one of the other tasks to get him to pop up the quest window, so, by using the "do it" trigger from a previous tasks text he pops up the task window and since you have already done the other 3, the 4th one is there on the list waiting for you, hehe.
Renogaw
# Nov 11 2006 at 10:45 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
HOW did you OPEN the ****!

We all know there is some sort of loot, but i don't care about the loot, the loot is not the reason to do this task, tell us how you opened the **** not what kind of loot you got PLEASE....
renogaw
# Nov 11 2006 at 10:42 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
TELL US HOW YOU OPENED THE CACOON !!!!!!!!!!!
adorned boots
# Nov 11 2006 at 12:11 PM Rating: Default
*
77 posts
boots dropped in normal btw.
adorned boots
# Nov 11 2006 at 10:40 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
ok, so you got the task, now tell us how the &*^%&* you got the **** to open !
adorned boots
# Nov 11 2006 at 11:55 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
sigh, sorry... was very frustrated and when i sent the posts they weren't even going through at the time... i don't know how long it takes for the post that was sent to actually get pasted in.

However i appologize for the outbusrt of those three posts i made in such rapid succession since none of them seemed to actually go through at the time of posting.
« Previous 1 2
Post Comment

Free account required to post

You must log in or create an account to post messages.