Capt Linarius  

Guard
Screenshot

Uploaded November 17th, 2016 by Drewinette
Updated November 18th, 2016
ThumbnailThumbnail

Located on the very top of the tower on the bridge that leads to South Karana.

Category: EverQuest
This page last modified 2016-11-17 11:40:17.

Level: 45
Expansion: Original
NPC Added: 0000-00-00 00:00:00
NPC Last Updated: 2019-05-05 06:14:20

Known Habitats:
  North Karana
Factions Increased:
  Circle of Unseen Hands +100
  Corrupt Qeynos Guards +60
Factions Decreased:
  Merchants of Qeynos -40
  Antonius Bayle -60
  Guards of Qeynos -400

Report a correction

Post Comment
dialogue and turnin
# Nov 16 2016 at 6:06 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:34 2016] You say, 'Hail, Capt Linarius'
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:34 2016] Capt Linarius says 'Hail, traveler! You are free to rest within this keep or within any of my towers along the roads to Qeynos. My guards shall keep watch over you. While you tread upon the roads, be warned that there are [local dangers] as well as rumors of [corrupt guards].'
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:36 2016] You say, 'local dangers'
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:36 2016] Capt Linarius says 'My guards report daily to me of dangers in the plains. Lately, they've been telling me of rumors of [Lord Grimrot].'
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:38 2016] You say, 'Lord Grimrot'
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:38 2016] Capt Linarius says 'My guards have heard rumors of this Lord Grimrot. It is said that he is a powerful shadowknight who is raising an army of undead. Such things should be reported to the Temple of Life. Journey to Qeynos and speak with Camlend Serbold. Tell him of Lord Grimrot.'
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:42 2016] You say, 'corrupt guards'
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:42 2016] Capt Linarius says 'I have heard rumors of dissension among my guards. I will reward any fine resident for the death of these traitorous guards. If you find you must kill one, bring his guard bracelet back to me. I cannot allow such men among my guards. Be sure they are corrupt, or I shall have your head as well.'

----- Upon giving Guard Bracelet [Corrupt Guard Bracelet] http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=49143
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:53 2016] Capt Linarius says 'What a pity. Such a promising soldier. I thank you for ridding us of this corruption and offer you this as a reward. It is nothing more than junk which littered the roadways of the Plains of Karana. I hope you can find a use for it.'
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:53 2016] Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos has been adjusted by 10.
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:53 2016] Your faction standing with Antonius Bayle has been adjusted by 1.
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:53 2016] Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards has been adjusted by -1.
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:53 2016] Your faction standing with Circle Of Unseen Hands has been adjusted by -2.
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:53 2016] Your faction standing with Merchants of Qeynos has been adjusted by 1.
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:53 2016] You gain experience!!
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:53 2016] You receive 3 copper from Capt Linarius.
[Wed Nov 16 17:48:53 2016] You receive 8 gold from Capt Linarius.

----- Upon giving Guard Bracelet [Loyal Guard Bracelet] http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=836
[Wed Nov 16 17:49:35 2016] Capt Linarius says 'You fool! You have killed a fine and outstanding guard. You shall pay dearly for this!'
dialogue and turnin
# Nov 17 2016 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,402 posts
boboniner wrote:
----- Upon giving Guard Bracelet [Loyal Guard Bracelet] http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=836
[Wed Nov 16 17:49:35 2016] Capt Linarius says 'You fool! You have killed a fine and outstanding guard. You shall pay dearly for this!'

Thanks, added that bit to the Corrupt Guards quest text, even if it's not exactly part of the quest ;)
Faction for the Kill
# Nov 21 2015 at 7:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,319 posts
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos has been adjusted by -400.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Antonius Bayle has been adjusted by -60.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards has been adjusted by 60.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Circle Of Unseen Hands has been adjusted by 100.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Merchants of Qeynos has been adjusted by -40.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] You gain experience!!
Faction for the Kill
# Nov 23 2015 at 6:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,580 posts
drool wrote:
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos has been adjusted by -400.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Antonius Bayle has been adjusted by -60.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards has been adjusted by 60.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Circle Of Unseen Hands has been adjusted by 100.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] Your faction standing with Merchants of Qeynos has been adjusted by -40.
[Sat Nov 21 08:55:13 2015] You gain experience!!


Updated, thanks.

If anyone wants to run the "corrupt guards" quest it would be good to confirm/flesh out what Ayekinheelya and Fleven were discussing in 2008 here on Zam --a snippet:

Ayekinheelya wrote:
I believe he does direct you Camlend Serbold to begin the "Aegis of Life" quest, but he is also the start of the "Corrupt Guards" quest. Turn in the bracelets of the corrupt guards that you have slain to Capt Linarius. His /loc is -4142.07, 1217.39; it's on the very top of the tower on the bridge that leads to South Karana.

Edited, Jan 21st 2008 8:23pm by Ayekinheelya

Dialogue
# Jan 19 2008 at 6:14 PM Rating: Default
*
107 posts
I turned on my logs and this is what happened when I hailed him today, 1-19-08:

[Sat Jan 19 20:09:00 2008] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Sat Jan 19 20:09:06 2008] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Sat Jan 19 20:09:27 2008] You have entered The Northern Plains of Karana.
[Sat Jan 19 20:09:57 2008] You say, 'Hail, Capt Linarius'

[Sat Jan 19 20:09:57 2008] Capt Linarius says 'Hail, traveler! You are free to rest within this keep or within any of my towers along the roads to Qeynos. My guards shall keep watch over you. While you tread upon the roads, be warned that there are [local dangers] as well as rumors of [corrupt guards].'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:06 2008] You say, 'what local dangers?'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:06 2008] Capt Linarius says 'My guards report daily to me of dangers in the plains. Lately, they've been telling me of rumors of [Lord Grimrot].'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:14 2008] You say, 'who is lord grimrot?'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:14 2008] Capt Linarius says 'My guards have heard rumors of this Lord Grimrot. It is said that he is a powerful shadowknight who is raising an army of undead. Such things should be reported to the Temple of Life. Journey to Qeynos and speak with Camlend Serbold. Tell him of Lord Grimrot.'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:22 2008] You say, 'what corrupt guards?'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:22 2008] Capt Linarius says 'I have heard rumors of dissension among my guards. I will reward any fine resident for the death of these traitorous guards. If you find you must kill one, bring his guard bracelet back to me. I cannot allow such men among my guards. Be sure they are corrupt, or I shall have your head as well.'


Voila!
____________________________
72nd Cleric of the Nameless


Dialogue
# Jan 19 2008 at 8:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Ungainly Ninja
Avatar
****
6,998 posts
Ayekinheelya wrote:
I turned on my logs and this is what happened when I hailed him today, 1-19-08:

[Sat Jan 19 20:09:00 2008] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Sat Jan 19 20:09:06 2008] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Sat Jan 19 20:09:27 2008] You have entered The Northern Plains of Karana.
[Sat Jan 19 20:09:57 2008] You say, 'Hail, Capt Linarius'

[Sat Jan 19 20:09:57 2008] Capt Linarius says 'Hail, traveler! You are free to rest within this keep or within any of my towers along the roads to Qeynos. My guards shall keep watch over you. While you tread upon the roads, be warned that there are [local dangers] as well as rumors of [corrupt guards].'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:06 2008] You say, 'what local dangers?'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:06 2008] Capt Linarius says 'My guards report daily to me of dangers in the plains. Lately, they've been telling me of rumors of [Lord Grimrot].'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:14 2008] You say, 'who is lord grimrot?'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:14 2008] Capt Linarius says 'My guards have heard rumors of this Lord Grimrot. It is said that he is a powerful shadowknight who is raising an army of undead. Such things should be reported to the Temple of Life. Journey to Qeynos and speak with Camlend Serbold. Tell him of Lord Grimrot.'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:22 2008] You say, 'what corrupt guards?'

[Sat Jan 19 20:10:22 2008] Capt Linarius says 'I have heard rumors of dissension among my guards. I will reward any fine resident for the death of these traitorous guards. If you find you must kill one, bring his guard bracelet back to me. I cannot allow such men among my guards. Be sure they are corrupt, or I shall have your head as well.'


Voila!


Is that just lead-in text for the Aegis of Life quest?
Dialogue
# Jan 20 2008 at 8:31 PM Rating: Decent
*
107 posts
I believe he does direct you Camlend Serbold to begin the "Aegis of Life" quest, but he is also the start of the "Corrupt Guards" quest. Turn in the bracelets of the corrupt guards that you have slain to Capt Linarius. His /loc is -4142.07, 1217.39; it's on the very top of the tower on the bridge that leads to South Karana.

Edited, Jan 21st 2008 8:23pm by Ayekinheelya
____________________________
72nd Cleric of the Nameless


Broken or eliminated
# Jan 04 2008 at 3:41 AM Rating: Decent
**
837 posts
I hailed Captain Linarius today and got no response. Maybe his quest is broken or has been removed??
____________________________
If you were me and I were you, would we still be friends?
You say, 'Hail Capt Linarius'
# Jul 25 2005 at 1:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,308 posts
Capt Linarius says 'Hail, traveleer! You are free to rest within this keep or within any of my towers along the roads to Qeynos. My guards shall keep watch over you. While you tread upon the roads, be warned that there are [local dangers] as well as rumors of [corrupt guards].'

You say, 'What local dangers'

Capt Linarius says 'My guards report daily to me of dangers in the plains. Lately, they've been telling me of rumors of [Lord Grimrot].'

You say, 'Who is Lord Grimrot'

Capt Linarius says 'My guards have heard rumors of this Lord Grimrot. It is said that he is a powerful shadowknight who is raising an army of undead. Such things should be reported to the Temle of Life. Journey to Qeynos and speak with Camlend Serbold. Tell him of Lord Grimrot.'

You say, 'What corrupt guards'

Capt Linarius says 'I have heard rumors of dissension among my guards. If you find you must kill one, bring his guard bracelet back to me. I cannot allow such men among my guards. Be sure they are corrupt, or I shall have your head as well.'
____________________________
Somewhere heckling Fleven about updating quest info lol...
Came back for revenge...
# Sep 18 2002 at 1:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
122 posts
Okay, I was the 53 necro that posted the last comment. I came back at 56 and this guy is a breeze now. Monk pet with Augmentation of Death, keep pet Shadowbonded and keep Bond of Death on the captain. Pure pet melee kill, no worries.

Toss in the occasional Envenomed Bolt just to speed things along if you can, but don't bother burning all your mana if he resists too many times. Otherwise, his MR is too high to bother casting any spells on him... you'll just waste all your mana. Keep the pet healthy and he'll do the rest.

Don't fight at the top of the tower... Brother Nallin will gladly keep him healed from the floor below. Instead, stand near the base of the spires and you can just see his head to target, run up to the base of the tower and zap him from the ground with a nice low-level lifetap.




Edited, Wed Sep 25 15:29:23 2002
53 necro attempt...
# May 03 2002 at 4:33 AM Rating: Default
First spawn, fairly typical "first try mana dump" run... Cascade, Fears, pet, DoTs, dropped relatively easily. He liked to resist/break Fear annoyingly often, but died just when the first Cascade wore off.

Failed twice on the second spawn... resisted every spell I threw at him, chewed through two pets, ended up FDing both times.

He spawns at the top of the tower about every 7-10 minutes. Levitate up to the top of the wizzie spires and you can easily target him from there when he pops, then float down and pull from the ground.
Faction
# Nov 23 2001 at 6:12 AM Rating: Decent
25 posts
The faction hit for this guy is a bitc*. Just messin around befor various raids and other crap I helped kill the 2 druids at the misty thicket ring and 2 gaurds and this capt in Nk. My faction when from ally to aprehensive in qeynos and surefall, and all druids, and from kindly to aprehensive in Fv. I can't even train in Fv anymore (warrior), and I will have to do all the faction again if I want another hero bracer. No more random killing for me.
mentions grimrot
# Nov 22 2001 at 2:18 AM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
he talks about lord grimrot too i think taking his advice spawns grimrot
____________________________
prefect praetorian
Or was it because watchman attacked?
# Jun 02 2001 at 6:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
34 posts
Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe Linarius attacked me because the watchman did, and the other guards didn't because they were too low (I was 44 when this happened). I'll have to con Linarius sometime when the watchman isn't around, and work on gnome faction too....
Faction?
# Jun 02 2001 at 6:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
34 posts
After days of faction work I have finally managed to get my faction with Qeynos guards to dubious, yet Capt Linarius still conned threatening to me and killed me. The other guards nearby were all dubious, only Linarius and the Watchman attacked. Are we sure he's Qeynos guard faction? What can I do to raise faction with him, when the rest of the guards don't mind me?
Just an interesting note...
# Nov 08 2000 at 4:56 AM Rating: Decent
*
89 posts
Is this the only NPC that has an abbriviated title (Capt instead of Captain)? Only one that I know of at least =)
RE: Just an interesting note...
# Nov 01 2001 at 1:31 AM Rating: Default
Cmdr Windstream in Befallen
Corrupt Guard Bracers
# Oct 24 2000 at 6:47 AM Rating: Decent
I am very happy with the loot I got for turning in the corrupt guard bracers to this guy...,
so far I got a Targ shield, a bronze longsword, a FS longswors and 2 Tenticle whips!!
the exp kinda bites for me at 42 but the tenticle whips I sold before I even lef the zone for 50pp each
Watch out druids and treants killers ;)
# Oct 21 2000 at 11:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
43 posts
After slaughtering a lot of those trees and treehuggers, I decided that it was time to go get a couple of giants and griffons in NK. Of course I knew that I was KOS to guards and such. But watch out for Linarius cause he wanders a bit. We used to stay at the westerns abandoned farms while a ranger was pulling, and have been whacked a couple of times by Linarius. Really liked my jboots at that moment...
Bunker Battle Blade
# Sep 18 2000 at 5:24 AM Rating: Default
After turning in plenty, and I mean plenty, of the Corrupt Guard's Bracers into this guy, Capt Linarius gave me a Bunker Battle Blade. It is Lore Item and No Drop. Vendors do not want it.

Anyone know what this can be used for ? Is it a quest item ?

Thanks.
Info
# Sep 14 2000 at 10:50 PM Rating: Default
7 minute spawn timer, spawns on top of Bridge Guardhouse. WORST xp I have ever gotten. Absolutely no xp movement for 4 hours at 57. High resistance to magic, but not impervious. Runs at typical guard speed, about 4000 hp. Would have been a nice camp if the xp didn't suck. Drops a normal shortsword as loot, occasional Qeynos Kite shield, and 1-4pp in change.
Post Comment

Free account required to post

You must log in or create an account to post messages.