Sorry, but I have to disagree here battlemastter.
Because Ogre sk's have so many useful combat abilities (as well as higher stats than any other race), they make the best shadowknights. Let's not compare apples to oranges - warriors are a totally different class. Let's look at some of the perks of an ogre sk:
Ogre SK advantages:
1. They have higher innate intelligence than trolls.
2. They have the highest base strength of any race.
3. They have the highest base stamina of any race.
4. They are welcome in other evil cities, unlike iksar.
5. They have improved night vision (infravision), unlike humans and erudites.
6. Ogres, and ogres alone, cannot be stunned from the front (for melee, not spells).
7. Ogres (and trolls and barbarians) get a "slam" attack, meaning they can weild a 2-handed weapon and still interrupt enemy spellcasting (plus do a little extra damage).
8. Racial experience penalties have been removed, making human, erudite, gnome, and dark elf sk's less competitive.
9. The recent "out of combat" hp/mana regen status makes troll and iksar regen largely useless, and again, makes ogres far more competitive.
Ogre SK disadvantages:
1. They don't have the ultravision of dark elves or frogloks (but they do get an ultravision spell).
2. They are big, making it hard to fit into some areas (but ant potions are cheap - around 5 plat each).
3. They are brutish-looking. Many female EQ players seem to hate the idea of playing ogres.
4. While they have higher INT than trolls, they are far below erudites and gnomes.
5. They don't get the drakkin breath weapon, which from what I've heard gets very powerful.
6. Drakkin SK's don't seem to have the faction issues other SK races do (again, this is based on heresay).
My "main alt" is a lvl 47 ogre shadowknight, and I created him in June of 01. I wouldn't change anything about him.
Just my 2 cents!
Edited, Jan 24th 2007 11:48am by zirumkin
If you can't do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
Gahalatine Righteousblade, 57 Human Paladin, Prexus
Bigbronze Bloodyaxe, 60 Ogre Berserker, Prexus
Verbeeg Bearfang, 62 Ogre Beastlord, Prexus
Glabrezu Spiritcaller, 62 Ogre Shaman, Prexus
Zirumkin Zenomorph, 62 Gnome Wizard, Prexus <Valorious>
Korgulon Soulwraith, 75 Ogre Shadowknight, Prexus <Shining Alliance>
Zalkahriz Ebonscale, 64 Iksar Necromancer, Zek
Gnomore Gniceguy, 51 Gnome Rogue, Zek