I actually posted something similar a month or so ago in the spell description, but I don't recall anyone ever responding. I posted earlier today about another class nerf, and just had to keep the ball rolling.
I can't believe no one has noticed this or posted about this.
1. The wizard stun line of spells for Markar's / Tashan's are no longer possible to "chain cast." Before, you could have several spells from this line memorized at the same time, and when one spell hits, cast another, then another, in an attempt to keep the mob perma-stunned. These spells have a long recast time, but by memming about 4 of these spells at once, it could save the life of a group in certain situations. By the time you cast your 4th (or so) stun, you would hope your first stun spell had re-popped, and then repeat the process.
Now, when you cast one of these spells, ALL of them "gray out." This means that the wizard "ability" to chain-stun has been effectively been removed from the game. I'd really like to see some other comments from other players on this issue. I'd also very much like SOE to correct it - but I can only submit a /bug report and hope.
2. The damage shield spells on the O'Keils line no longer stack with O'Keils levity. Before, you could cast your long-term levitate (O'Keils Levity) and then something like O'Keils Flickering Flame to get a total base damage shield of 10 points per hit. That's less than necro's and shadowknights, and MUCH less than druids and rangers. Is a tiny little 10 point damage shield too much for a petless silk-wearer? Why was this nerf imposed? I'd like to get some comments from other players on this issue as well.
Before any non-wizards viewing this get technical and begin bashing our class, please consider the following:
1. We are silk-wearers. That means we're very fragile.
2. We're the only silk wearers to get no pets. Major ouch.
3. Until we get into the 60's of levels, we are out-nuked by magicians, who also get the best pets in the game.
4. The PoK and the wayfarer camps have rendered obsolete most of our ports.
5. Some of our most useful spells ("Concussion" is one example), are extremely difficult for us to gain.
Edited, Apr 11th 2009 11:44am by zirumkin