EverQuest developer Ed "Aristo" Hardin has again updated us on the upcoming progression server (which, by popular vote, has taken on the name "Ragefire").
- Beta is starting "as soon as possible".
- At launch, only Classic EQ will be open on the server.
- Once certain raid targets have all been defeated, a six-month timer begins. At the end of this timer, in-game player polls will determine when the next expansion opens up. (From the Gates of Discord expansion and forward, the timer will be three months.)
- All characters start at Level 1, and there will be no character transfers to the server.
- AAs will be autogranted "once two expansions with AAs have passed" (if you opt in).
- Only All-Access members will be able to access the server, but Beta will be open for all accounts.
You can check out this post on the EQ Forums for the full details.