October 19, 2016
*** Highlights ***
- Modified NPC pathing logic when an NPC is in combat against a PC. See NPC section for details.
*** Items ***
- Increased the rank of Form of Endurance on Mask of Immortal End and Hardened Mask of Immortal End from 25 to 30.
- Placing Jade Tiger in your real estate will no longer place Schrodinger and vice versa.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Karam Dragonforge's quests should now work correctly and not eat valid items. His dialogues will indicate which items he needs.
- - On servers that have unlocked Secrets of Faydwer, Karam Dragonforge will require "Square Cut Black Sapphire", "Marquise Cut Alexandrite", "Platinum Trio Ring", and "White Dragon Hide" in order to create a White Dragonscale Cloak.
- - On servers that have not yet unlocked Secrets of Faydwer, Karam Dragonforge will require "Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring", "Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace", and "White Dragon Hide" in order to create a White Dragonscale Cloak.
- Deaths of the Unliving - Made some changes to this task in Sul Vius: Life that might prevent it from being broken at the "examine the body" step. Internally this has never been reproduced, so please let us know if you still encounter issues.
- It should no longer be possible to spawn multiple versions of the Caller event NPCs in Fungus Grove by force-feeding the trigger dozens of Blargrot beverages. In addition, the event versions of the Caller NPCs are now PC friendly.
*** Spells ***
- Necromancer - Moved Dichotomic Paroxysm from timer 18 to timer 20.
- Bard - Lowered the endurance cost of Dichotomic Psalm, increased the amount of damage it adds to spells and melee strikes, and changed the HP, Mana, and Endurance return amounts to match the proportions granted by Crescendo songs.
- Casting Call of the Hero in Acrylia will again summon A Grimling Hero.
*** NPC ***
- Modified NPC pathing logic when an NPC is in combat against a PC.
- - NPCs will now be less inclined to stop short of a moving target, which should result in high speed NPCs more consistently catching and attacking PCs.
- - Fixed a visual bug where an NPC moving toward a player would move, then teleport forward a short distance a second later.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Bartering will now unlock when the Shadows of Luclin unlocks instead of waiting until Dragons of Norrath.
- In the instanced version of the Accursed Temple of Cazic-Thule, the bosses will now correctly use Mitigation of the Mighty IV.
- Darrisa Nyny in West Freeport and Celni Pawfoot in Commonlands will begin spawning when the Shadows of Luclin has unlocked. They offer Beastlord discipline tomes. Darrisa Nyny is also another source of hybrid discipline tomes.
- The shissar wraiths that spawn after Emperor Ssraeshza's death in Ssraeshza Temple instances will no longer be subject to the loot lockout for the basepop, but instead will be linked to the lockout for the emperor himself.
- Praetorian Myral's extensive beard grooming appointment has completed. He will again spawn in Grieg's End.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Fixed a few bugs with the advanced looting system.
- - Zones which have been repopped will now properly work with advanced looting.
- - Fixed a crash which could happen when items are removed from the personal loot list.
- - Fixed a problem with multiple of the same item dropping on an npc/chest.
- Fixed the excessive vertical camera bounce that occurred for Frogloks introduced in the last update.
- Fixed an issue that would disable entire accounts from logging in if one of the characters on an account is corrupted. The non-corrupted characters will appear roughly 10 minutes after login if this is the case. Players experiencing this should contact Customer Support to get the corrupted characters removed or fixed.
- Fixed a client crash when the total number of Traders in the bazaar is more than 600.
- Upgraded some internal graphics libraries. Please let us know if you can no longer reach character select.
- Reduced the number of Alternate Advancement Point achievements. Achievements are granted for every 500 points spent between 5000 and 10000 and for every 1000 points spent between 10000 and 20000.
- Characters will no longer receive the achievement "Whispers of Kunark."
*** UI ***
- Corrected issues with the reward selection window that would cause rewards to fail to preview and sort correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Pet Rename reminders were not properly being disabled.
- Paste from clipboard will now default to Ctrl-V.
- Removed the allowing / disallowing of Pixel Shaders 1.1 and Pixel Shaders 1.4. The Pixel Shaders 2.0 control will now handle allowing / disallowing of those because all pre-2.0 Pixel Shaders are now treated as 2.0 Shaders.
- Changed -
*** Previously Updated ***
- Zones that have areas with restrictions on corpse summoning, Call of the Hero, Bind Affinity, or similar effects, will work the same way in the instance as the base zone. The Emperor's Room in Ssraeshza Temple is one example.
- Sage Vindillar will no longer attempt to send live test subjects to a place that doesn't exist yet. He will return when Planes of Power is unlocked.
- Locked doors and portals inside Ssraeshza Temple and Vex Thal will now work correctly inside the Phinigel instance.
- All teleportation stones except for the stone to Qeynos in the Plane of Knowledge will be disabled until the Planes of Power launches.
- Being in the Emperor's room in Ssraeshza Temple without the key will kick you back to the Nexus. The key requirement for Emperor's room is removed once Gates of Discord has unlocked on the server.
- The EverQuest Team