It's a big patch today! Making their debut are two new race/class combinations as well as Heroic Characters.
If you're starting a heroic character, you'll probably want to take note of two things:
- The "dream" version of the Feerrott has been set up to be very "new character-friendly" (clearly intended as a start zone for newly created Heroic Characters):
- A large area in the northern part of the Feerrott has been made non-hostile (protective NPCs surround the area, keeping hostile mobs away).
- A soulbinder, a banker, a parcels vendor, and a mercenary liaison have been added.
- Most (possibly all) Feerrott quest NPCs, spell vendors, and adventure merchants have been moved to this same area.
- The Plane of Knowledge portal stone to Oggok now points to both the original Feerrott as well as the "dream" Feerrott (an option window pops up).
- If you have a Heroic Character and want access to Tier V Journeyman Mercenaries, you'll want to run through the task "No Heroism Without Fear".
And with that, here are the patch notes for this morning's game update:
*** Highlights ***
- Heroic Characters are now available! You can choose to upgrade an existing character or to create a new Heroic Character from scratch. Please see https://www.everquest.com/news/heroic-character-faq for details.
- Wood Elf Beastlords and Froglok Monks are now available for creation once House of Thule is open.
- Sealed Pure Energeian Orbs can now be opened by anyone if the Underfoot expansion has launched on your server.