April 18, 2018
*** Highlights ***
- EverQuest will no longer run on Windows Vista or older operating systems. Please refer to the minimum system requirements on our website.
- Made a number of improvements to hotbars. See the UI section below for details.
*** Items ***
- Upgraded the model on Jeweled Sarnak Focus of the Elemental, Jeweled Hoarded Worker Sledgemallet, and Jeweled Hoarded Blood Orchid Katana to an equivalent model with particles.
- Changed Guardian's Boon to affect all combat skills and not only 1h blunt.
- Ingenious and Savvy Conflagrant Earrings now have the standard recast timer for Geomantra.
- Focused Strike of the Blood Orchid now checks against chromatic resists.
- The Skull of Null and Jeweled Skull of Null are now convertible items. One item is the full charm, the other is for clicking from inventory.
- - The equippable version requires that it is equipped for the click to work (This was true already due to it being a charm, though some caching would allow it to work if it was equipped then unequipped).
- - As a side effect, converting and converting back will fix the charms that are not working for players that had the Skull before the evolving data was attached.
- Corrected the names of Faycite Shards available from Ring of Scale vendors. Shards that change spell duration are now correctly called Durus and shards that change spell recast time are correctly called Tempus.
- Corrected errors in the lore and text for Cliff Stone, Scorpikis Worry Stone, Magma Stone, Enchanted Dragon Scale.
- Added stats, for reference only, to power sources.
- Old style molds for weapon ornaments now have a convert button to change them into a new style ornament augment.
- Gnomish Water Pistol no longer stacks.
- Many unused tradeskill items have been removed from vendors. This mostly affected old Dragons of Norrath or Prophecy of Ro cultural items.
- - The item information that shows "This item is no longer used in tradeskills" has been removed.
- Reverted the models of the starting weapons Short Sword* and Club* to a classic look.
*** Tradeskills ***
- Changed Ring of Scale poison drops from "Tainted X" to "Desiccated X."
- Changed the required level of all Ring of Scale poisons and components to 106.
- Fixed the name of the recipe for Tome of Savage Volley Rk. II.
- Fixed all cases where multiple recipes for a tradeskill shared the same recipe name.
- Crestra's Earring combines now require a minimum skill to attempt. For fishing this is 200. For the 202 trivial combines the minimum skill is 202. All other combines require a minimum skill of 300.
- Phlogiston items are now Prestige.
- Fixed all cases where multiple recipes for a tradeskill shared the same recipe name.
- Tradeskill-created ornaments are now augments.
*** Quests And Events ***
- 19th Anniversary quests no longer require the player to own the Ring of Scale expansion, but do require Ring of Scale to be open on the server before they appear.
- A Formal Dinner Party (19th Anniversary) - Made several changes to this mission:
- - Removed the erroneous faction hit on some NPCs.
- - Reduced the difficulty of most, but not all, NPCs.
- - Corrected some typos and misspellings.
- - Removed the two orcs from the other side of the dining room door.
- - Players will not get the secondary success for proper investigation if they give Melion the incorrect food.
- - The instance will now only allow a total of 6 players and/or mercenaries.
- - This mission will only reward one red berry paste in a chest if the mission is done correctly.
- - While the berry paste is appreciated, the augment will no longer be given to players that have not completed the mission.
- - The task will now reward a minimum of 5 currency on completion instead of scaling down to 0 at low levels.
- Lost but Not Forgotten (19th Anniversary) - Various changes and improvements have been made to this Heroic Adventure.
- - Harris Feril's adds now share aggro with him.
- - Harris Feril's HP will be locked until his adds have been slain.
- - Forceful Presence's adds now share aggro with her.
- - Forceful Presence's HP will be locked until her adds have been slain.
- - Forceful Presence should no longer teleport to an unreachable location.
- - If anyone in the ward's area of effect has the Warded Bag, no one will be teleported.
- - The message indicating how to remove the ward should display more reliably.
- - Messages indicating that the Forceful Presence will soon spawn should display more reliably.
- - Bosses are now immune to many crowd control effects.
- - The task now locks on element 6 instead of element 3.
- - Sila will no longer give her medallion to the person that gives her Hilus's Journal, as this method of receiving the medallion doesn't update the task. The task expects the medallion to be looted from the Forceful Presence.
- - This task will now reward a minimum of 5 currency on completion instead of scaling down to 0 at low levels.
- Pieces is Pieces (19th Anniversary) - Made several changes to this quest:
- - The combine for Deep Caverns Collector's Case now requires the task to be complete.
- - Quest items are no longer marked as collectible and are now lore.
- - Changed the replay timer so it no longer conflicts with Fish Eyes in the Dark.
- Liquid Courage (16th Anniversary) - The spells cast by NPCs in this Heroic Adventure will now scale correctly.
- Defending Knowledge (15th Anniversary) - The task will only give the horn reward when the task is complete.
- End of Empire (Mission) - This should now give the proper challenge achievement for Stalwart Guardian.
- Balance of Power (Mission) - The ghost versions of the bosses will now have the undead property.
- All Ring of Scale raids - Di`Zok Hero's Forge ornaments no longer drop directly from bosses. There will be an additional chest that spawns upon success that contains the Hero's Forge ornament.
- Assault on Atrebe - Fixed a spelling error.
- Hoshkar - Corrected an error in the dragon's combat that could cause large delays between a message and the attack it is meant to warn about.
- Sathir's Tomb raids - Combatable sarnaks will attack players on sight.
- Sathir's Tomb raids - Drusella's aura will no longer land on pets.
- Drusella's Vault - Made a few tuning changes to this event.
- - Reduced health on the bonepile and ooze spawners.
- - Increased health on basket spawners.
- - Reduced radius of Drusella's aura.
- - Reduced frequency of Drusella's wander.
- Trail of Discovery - Fixed a typo in the Partisan of The Howling stones achievement component for this quest.
- Cost of Balance - Fixed a bug that caused the final power conduit to be unkillable.
- Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls (Mission) - Fixed a bug that was causing Poison Blast to occur more often than it should have in phase 2 of the event.
- Mayong Mistmoore's undead that infest many zones in Norrath once Ayonae Ro has been defeated now respawn more slowly.
- Vex Thal - The Akhevan Warders in the rooms adjacent to Diabo Xi Xin Thall and Thall Va Kelun will no longer banish characters that are in the room with the boss.
- Knargon Lanenda in North Qeynos will again respond to the phrase 'courier.'
- The Berserker newbie armor quest givers will now respond when you click on the bracketed text in their dialogs.
*** Spells ***
- Cleric - Corrected the stun levels on Silent Directive.
- Cleric - Corrected the resist type of the Holy Intervention Strike line from physical to chromatic.
- Enchanter - Strengthened runes from levels 76-90 and lowered the strength of runes above level 95.
- Enchanter - Increased the recast time of all Unity runes.
- Enchanter - Added hate overrides to self and single target rune spells above level 70.
- Detrimental duration extension will no longer cause Damage Over Time spells that increase in damage over their duration (ex: Splurt) to lose damage.
- Corrected an issue where the DoT damage you took was initially being reported to you without accounting for DoT shielding.
- Fixed a problem that allowed buffs with stacking blockers to block debuffs in some cases.
*** AA ***
- Shaman - Fixed a bug that prevented Rabid Bear's Protection from absorbing the intended amount of damage.
*** NPCs ***
- Mayor Salvador West will no longer attend the evening parties in Sul Vius and will remain in his office. This should prevent him from getting lost on his way back to work.
- Sverag - Rare NPCs that were not respawning properly when population changed should do so now. This specifically addresses issues with Soulfury Embermeer, but should fix others with similar issues.
- Armorer Dach Aldridge no longer spawns in Dead Hills.
- Bertoxxulous worshiping gnomes can now interact with the Parcels and Noble Exchange NPC in the Ak`Anon bank.
- Vex Thal - The Akhevan Warders should despawn more reliably when their associated boss has been slain.
- Added a Parcels and Noble Exchange vendor in the Paineel bank.
- Some general blacksmithing merchants now carry a Small Helm Mold. This includes Ilanon Untitia in East Freeport.
- Vendors in cities in original EverQuest have more consistent and more correct titles under their names.
- Tigers across Norrath celebrate by roaring in delight! Reverted tigers in older zones to their original appearance.
- The Arisen Dragoon T`Vex and The Arisen Dragoon T`Vem will no longer drop Hero's Forge boots.
- An Arisen officer and an Arisen marine will no longer drop a legacy spear and shield.
- Fixed a problem causing Alerynril the Loyal to sometimes hold a bag in her right hand.
- Updated various hunter achievements to remove NPCs that no longer fit the definition of 'rare' NPC, and add some NPCs were not previously included.
- The Minotaur Hero will again terrorize the Steamfont Mountains. Newbie gnomes beware!
- Fixed the odd visual of a kobold missionary in Steamfont Mountains.
- Fixed several ghoul NPCs that were not marked as undead: The Boogeymonster, a voracious fiend, a ravenous fiend, and a drooling ghoul.
*** Mercenaries ***
- The following raids no longer allow mercenaries: The Plane of Fear: Revisited, The Plane of Hate: Revisited, Hate's Fury: Seventeen Pieces of Silver, Cazic's Final Stand.
*** Progression Servers ***
- All Agent of Change raid instances now offer reduced experience compared to the open version of the zone. Previously this was handled inconsistently.
- Bosses will stop using Mitigation of the Mighty and applying Mark of the Mighty aura when that era becomes Fabled on that server.
- Relic now has an Agent of Change instance.
- Relic can now hold an unlimited number of adventurers.
- Tipsy Gnome Race - If Kunark hasn't unlocked on the server, the final target Dibster `Dibs` Biroboddle will be on the accessible side of the locked door leading to the basement.
- Reverted several spawns in Runnyeye to restore classic drops and population.
- - The Goblin King, a dazed goblin knight, and a goblin warlord will spawn until Velious has unlocked.
- - Lord Pickclaw, a pickclaw crusader, and Battlelord Paluk will spawn once Velious has unlocked.
- The Chilling Terror will not spawn in Permafrost until Lost Dungeons of Norrath is unlocked.
- The Aviak Avenger event in South Karana will not run until Gates of Discord is unlocked.
- Many spawns related to the Freeport poison quests have been restricted to the launch of Seeds of Destruction.
- Numinous Weapon Augmenting is available when House of Thule opens.
- Fixed an issue where tradeskill recipes for Distillates and Golden Idols were being allowed before their intended expansions unlocked. These are now properly restricted.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Performed additional upgrades to both the client and server to utilize more modern hardware and operating system features.
- - EverQuest will no longer run on Windows Vista or older operating systems.
- - Please refer to the minimum system requirements on our website.
- Corrected an issue where a race change, Heroic Character upgrade, or speaking with Warlowe Rida could result in a loss of spells.
- Fixed a problem that allowed players to create characters with the same name on the same server in some cases.
- Sounds should no longer randomly play multiple times or suddenly increase volume for no reason.
- The music player will now remember your volume between logins.
- Titles granted for purchasing AA abilities are no longer restricted to specific categories or expansions. You now gain titles for spending 6, 18, and 42 points in any AA ability category.
- Made improvements to the pathing in Gorowyn so that the denizens of the fortress city will better understand how to walk through doorways.
- Fixed an uncommon crash that could occur when logging in.
- Handing in the Tome of Order and Discord to a Priest of Discord will again flag the character as Player Versus Player.
*** UI ***
- Fixed a display bug with the pet window when right clicking pet-buff icons.
- Updated /useitem to accept item names:
- - Specifying the full name of an item will now allow you to activate it directly without having to ensure the item is in a specific inventory slot.
- - This functionality now allows items in your key rings to be activated with the /useitem command.
- - Example: /useitem corrupted hammer of consternation
- Reduced the size of borders on a number of UI windows.
- Adventure point merchants will no longer display platinum prices.
- Changed the messaging at character creation when choosing a race/class/starting city that has not been unlocked on a server.
- When race changing, expansion-restricted cities and races will now be unavailable.
- Fixed an issue that prevented find destinations from being displayed on your map when mysterious forces prevented the route to that target from being drawn.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the border toggle setting from being saved.
- The /copylayout command will now look for any valid ini files in the uifiles folder in addition to the ini files in the main install folder.
- Selling an item with an augment in it to an Adventure Merchant should no longer cause your game to stop responding.
- Made the following improvements to item hotkeys:
- - Item hotkeys will now display the total count of items in your inventory, rather than the count of the first stack.
- - Items will now display the total number of charges for items that use them.
- - Item hotkeys for items that are no longer in your inventory will now display the icon/name of the missing item rather than 'Not Found'.
- - Pre-existing item hotkeys will need to be remade to get these updates.
- Changed -